Druid: Glyphs

Torta

Druid: Glyphs

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:03 am

Greetings!

With next server update, the Glyphs will become a thing on Turtle WoW.
If you have ideas or suggestions for your Class, let me know.

Druid
Image Image Image
Image Image Image

Skullmiser

Re: Glyphs: Druid Forms

Post by Skullmiser » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:11 am

Heh... I always make sure my characters look like themselves in shapeshift form. It makes me feel cool.
Glyph of the Stag was always fun, because it let people ride you, but... I don't think that's the case here.

I remember someone suggesting making the aquatic form into a turtle. I think that was Belladonna way back when.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:12 am

I'm not sure turtles in Vanilla have swimming animations. I'll take a look tho.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am

Glyph of the Stag was always fun, because it let people ride you, but... I don't think that's the case here.
This would be a challenging task to implement such a thing :p
I think it's possible with some help of the black magic.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 am

Some ideas:

Warlocks: Different skins for pets.

Imps: Grells, Skeletal mage
Voidwalker: Felguard, Skeletal warrior
Succubus: Satyr, Banshee
Felhunter: Shade, Spectre Ghost
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Badling

Post by Badling » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:31 am

hmm, having skeleton skins for pets would be awesome, get that necromancer rp goin

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:31 am

Druid: More shapeshift forms!

Travel form: Owl, like in WC3!
Cat: Worgen, Serpeant (Like druid of fang), Lion, hyena
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:42 am

Shamans: Different totem skins!

I made a patch and posted it here that replaced shaman totems with different models. We could have glyphs that do the same thing.
here are the models:
air: invisibilitytotem.m2 3580
water: manatotem.m2 7785
fire: healingtotem.m2 8179
earth: sentrytotem.m2 15112

those are the model names and the entryids

Druid: New aquatic form!

Instead of sea lion we could use the sea turtle model that torta uses https://classic.wowhead.com/npc=6015/torta
Last edited by Kazgrim on Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Qixel

Re: Glyphs

Post by Qixel » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:50 am

I made a thread a while back about undead skins for warlock pets, and I would still recommend similar ideas. <3 I have some other ideas in reserve, too. :P

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:00 am

Mage: New polymorph !

Frogs, turtle, rabbit, snake, cat
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Pfwg

Post by Pfwg » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 am

Did I miss where the price was posted?
"If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of Gifted."

Torta

Post by Torta » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:22 pm

Pfwg wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:58 am
Did I miss where the price was posted?
Wasn't posted :)

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I'll use a few.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:19 pm

Anyone have any thoughts for the warrior, rogue, hunter and paladin

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:29 am

Maybe for hunter, a transmog to instead use javelins / throwing spears instead of bows to rp as a headhunter
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

viewforum.php?f=29

Waremtae

Post by Waremtae » Mon Dec 23, 2019 6:19 am

Glyph to enable priests to wear warlock items for priest role play if spec'ed into shadow form?

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Mon Dec 23, 2019 5:51 pm

Maybe a glyph that changes the pet for hunters?

Kingdom

Post by Kingdom » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:26 pm

I for one would love Kazgrims Idea for new warlock Skins!!
make it so number one!

Merry xmas!

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:23 am

Ooh! Could Glyphs work on professions? Like Different looks for Engineering or Blacksmithing Items?

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:51 pm

Glyph idea for hunters (and warriors/rogues, I suppose).

Replace the projectile of your shots with gnomes. Squirrels would also be a good option.

Arraya

Post by Arraya » Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:01 am

Class: Druid
Spell: Moonkin Form (Balance)
Glyph of the Shapeless: Your Moonkin form will now appear as your caster form.

Like you probably guessed it, this will work by not using the Moonkin display ID, and instead just keeping your normal player model! I'd love to just see my normal character for once without sacrificing the buff! crying_turtle

I also have other ideas that I REALLY want so we can fulfill a Moon Priestess fantasy for Hunter without having to roll a Priest, who don't have bows:
Glyph of Elune's Touch: Serpent Sting will now play Moonfire's spell visual.
Glyph of Elune's Wrath: Aimed Shot will now play Starfire's spell visual.
Glyph of Starfall: Volley will now play Starshard's (Night Elf Priest spell) missile visuals instead of arrows.

It could work for Priests as well if Hunter "missile" spells can't get replaced:
•Moonfire's visual instead of Shadow Word: Pain
•Starfire's visual instead of Mind Blast

Korkis

Post by Korkis » Tue Dec 31, 2019 9:11 am

Arraya wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 2:01 am
Glyph of the Shapeless: Your Moonkin form will now appear as your caster form.
Great idea!
Also, maybe some bolder bear form modification? After some tanking with a warrior, it's hard to tank as a bear, when the problem is to see enemies and not your wide rear.
Maybe a scorpid would do? Is armored, has claws.

For travelling form, would it be possible to make something flying? Ideally an owl. There's a bat illusion model for Halloween that actually has flying animation, so maybe an owl is possible too.

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Apr 11, 2020 6:47 pm

Some news for Druids!

Glyph of Stars: Your Moonkin Form now appears as Astral Form, conferring all the same benefits, but appearing as an astrally enhanced version of your normal humanoid form.

Dannydeditto

Post by Dannydeditto » Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:51 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 am
Some ideas:

Amazing i was about to say the same thing, correct me if i'm wrong but warlocks were originaly necromancers, it'd be awesome to bring us back to our roots, seconding this!

Trangoul

Post by Trangoul » Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:02 pm

Kazgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:22 am
Some ideas:

Here are more inspirations. Some of them are unavailable, since we're on Vanilla, though.

Snowwolf

Post by Snowwolf » Sun Sep 05, 2021 7:45 am

So... at risk of sounding overly on brand... Has anyone considered a Glyph that replaces a druid's bear form with a big turtley thing? smiling_turtle

Perhaps something like Ghamoo-ra or Kresh? turtle_tongue_head

(I know druids already have a lot of glyphs..... but druid is my favorite class and I want to be able to turn into everything. turtle_in_love_head )

Let's see about some other glyph ideas...

Warrior

Red rage: your character glows red when you have a lot of rage? (or.. all the time?) I'm thinking about how shadow priest have a purple glow to them. I bet there must be an effect like that somewhere.

Paladin

Holy light: Your character glows lightly with holy light. Subtly, of course. maybe a glowy mist effect. I feel like I saw something on wailing caverns

hunter

smol pet - He's a good boy, but make them a bit smaller.

Permanent pet - Your pet always looks the same. it doesn't matter if they're a cat, a crocolisk or a hyena, they always look like THIS pet. Shouldn't work in pvp, of course. I have no idea how plausible this is, since it would probably need custom creation for each Glyph, as well as rules about what the pet can look like, etc... but... I always felt sad that I sometimes had to leave my starter pet behind. Now Midnight can come with you, even if Midnight is ACTUALLY an alligator

Rogue

Shadow stealth - the rogue's stealthed appearance is the same as a shadow priest.

Emberlain

Post by Emberlain » Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:35 am

What about a glyph for Rogue poisons to apply weapon enchant glows based on the poison. Green=Crippling, Red=Deadly, Blue=Mind Numbing, Yellow=Wound

Another glyph idea, although I'm not totally sure how possible it is, was to allow the choosing of your stealth animation fom any other rogue race. Meaning I could choose to have the Undead stealth animation as I stealth on a Troll or Orc.

Leftmousebutton

Post by Leftmousebutton » Sun Sep 12, 2021 9:24 pm

WARRIOR
Glyph of the Champion: Gives you a visual effect of either a Horde or Alliance banner on your back.
Glyph of the Blademaster: Gives you a visual effect of a Burning Blade banner on your back (Scarlet Crusade for Alliance, since Herod is kind of a "blademaster" of sorts?).
Glyph of the Barbarian: Sets your chest, shoulders, wrists and gloves to be invisible.
Glyph of the Duelist: Hides your shield and sets your block animations to block with your main hand weapon.

ROGUE
Glyph of the Fencer: Hides your off-hand weapon and sets all animations to use your main hand weapon.
Glyph of the Sidearm: Sets your shoot abilities to use a scaled down version of your gun or crossbow as a one-handed firearm (may require custom animations).
Glyph of Shadow Strike: Gives your throwing weapons a shadowy enchant and afflicts targets of your Throw ability with a (purely visual) shadowy debuff.
Glyph of Phantasmal Stealth: Transforms you into a shade (or wisp, for Night Elf/Tauren?) whilst in stealth.

MAGE
Glyph of Bitter Cold: Sets your basic fire spells to use more frost-oriented visuals.
Glyph of Scorching Flame: Sets your basic frost spells to use more fire-oriented visuals.
Glyph of the Shadowmage: Sets your basic arcane spell to use more shadowy visuals.
Glyph of the Necromancer: Changes your Water Elemental into a Skeletal Frost Mage.

HUNTER
Glyph of the Mechanical Guardian: Changes your active pet into a Harvest Golem (or a Crowd Pummeler if Gnome/Goblin). Pet functions identically to active pet.
Glyph of the Mechanimal: Changes your active pet into a Mechanical Chicken. Special: If your active pet is a gorilla, it changes into a mechanical gorilla instead. Pet functions identically to active pet.

Will throw out some more ideas later, but these were all the ones I had at the top of my head. Also throwing my support in for some of the previously mentioned ideas, like necromantic warlock summons and shadow stealth!

Okcra

Post by Okcra » Sun Feb 06, 2022 11:24 am

Shaman could have glyphs to turn their ghost wolf into a spectral raptor or plainstrider for our troll and tauren characters.

Perhaps not as a glyph but I think varying totem models depending on race would be nice. The base model fits tauren nicely, but wards for trolls and some kind of orc-like fetish would be good for RP reasons.

Mativh

Re: Druid: Glyphs

Post by Mativh » Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:17 pm

They're great. I'll be getting the Glyph Of Stars in the future. The Moonkin form has always kept me from playing with the Balance Druid.

If I remember well there was a Shade skin added too, I'm not sure if it already is that way, but I think it should be an alternative to the Shadow Form.
Last edited by Mativh on Tue Nov 22, 2022 6:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

De-standardization of Classes - Immersive Racials [Undead]
My FB

Ibux

Post by Ibux » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:20 am

Flowers of life? turtle_tongue

Glyph of Fel Lash

Glyph of Death Lash

Glyph of Trampler

Glyph of Everliving

Glyph of Deviate Lasher

Szatesz

Post by Szatesz » Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:30 pm

I think druid form glyphs should cost fashion coin instead of donation and have a lot of variety maybe adding more models example: various bear,cat models used by npc-s (but this one bring up the problem that alliance/horde forms can look exactly the same just like the snow models we have now and can be confusing in battlegounds for other players cuz u looks like a hunter pet and this can be a big adventage in my opinion) instead/or just add recolored versions of the default models it would be pretty nice that we can change colors of the forms just like in the retail barber shop for fashion coin example 10fashion coin for 1 recolored skin glyph (maybe we should be able to select from 10-15color should druids have good transmog option and bg-s won't look like "attack of the clones"). What u think guys? Also add more pet stable for hunters!! 3 is just waaaay........ double it!

Sondier

Post by Sondier » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:31 am

Are there any plans to add more druid skins? There are so many cool options that could be utilized and I'd be happy to add some variety to my feral druid aesthetic while also supporting the server. Seems like a win/win to add more options.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:40 am

Sondier wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:31 am
Are there any plans to add more druid skins? There are so many cool options that could be utilized and I'd be happy to add some variety to my feral druid aesthetic while also supporting the server. Seems like a win/win to add more options.
There's a few added in 1.17.0, but the Devs have not updated this post... The Ice Bear, now has an alliance/horde version... Few Emerald Dreams forms added also.

Sondier

Post by Sondier » Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 am

Jammyxx wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:40 am
Sondier wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:31 am
There's a few added in 1.17.0, but the Devs have not updated this post... The Ice Bear, now has an alliance/horde version... Few Emerald Dreams forms added also.
Hey, thanks for the reply! I actually ended up buying both the ice bear and Ice saber (or whatever it was called, heh) since they're on sale at the moment. Works well with my Tauren since I'm using the white fur color.

Still hoping they decide to add more in the future. The more aesthetic variety for feral druids, the better; especially since we don't get to see/show our gear much, given that we're almost always transformed.

Morphomisc

[Suggestion] New Druid Glyphs for More Flavor and Role Versatility

Post by Morphomisc » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:15 am

smiling_turtle_head Hello Turtle WoW community! smiling_turtle_head
I've been enjoying the deep and immersive experience that Classic WoW offers, especially on this server. As a long-time Druid player, I've always appreciated the diversity and uniqueness of our forms. Today, I'd like to suggest a few Druid Glyphs that would further enhance our experience by providing more lore-friendly and fun aesthetic options.
1. Glyph of the Ancient Protector (Night Elf only)
Replacement Option 1: Restoration Druid Tree Form
Rationale: Druids channel the power of nature. Ancient Protectors and Tree Ents are both deeply tied to Night Elf lore. This glyph would offer Night Elf Druids an ancient, venerable, yet smaller form that aligns with the lore of nature's guardians. As a healer, channeling the energies of an Ancient Protector embodies the essence of safeguarding allies.

Replacement Option 2: Bear Form
Rationale: Just as the Bear form symbolizes protection and sturdiness, a miniaturized Ancient Protector can act as a bulwark, shielding allies and taking hits. Its solid wooden form mirrors the steadfast nature of a tank.

2. Glyph of the Thresher
Replacement: Aquatic Form
Rationale: When we think of fast, agile creatures of the deep, threshers come to mind. Sleek and designed for speed, a Thresher form would not only be an aesthetic treat but would also represent the swiftness Druids have in the water.

3. Glyph of the Jungle Raptor
Replacement: Cat Form
Rationale: Raptors, with their sharp talons and predatory instincts, resonate well with the swift, DPS nature of the Cat form. Also, for those Druids who are more attuned to the raw, primal energy of the jungle, this glyph offers a fantastic thematic alternative.

4. Glyph of the Owl
Replacement: Travel Form (Ground)
Rationale: Although not granted the gift of true flight, this glyph allows Druids to assume the form of a majestic owl, hovering just above the ground. This form speaks to the wisdom and watchful nature of the owl, and while it may not soar into the skies, its silent presence on the ground offers a serene and unique mode of travel.