Turtle HD Project

Josephturtlef

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Josephturtlef » Mon May 08, 2023 3:02 pm

Hey, guys!
Amazing overhaul!
I experience some issues though with spells like holy nova - the effect loops indefinitely.
Another spell is something like a blizzard - ice shards falling from the sky - also indefinite loop.

Josephturtlef

Post by Josephturtlef » Mon May 08, 2023 3:14 pm

Ok, I see this is addressed in patches Z & X.
I am going to combine the list:

It is not too clear what is what, so if you plan on integrating those to A&B - please let us know :)
Outstanding piece of work, btw.

Josephturtlef

Post by Josephturtlef » Mon May 08, 2023 4:59 pm

Just noticed, weapon Sheathe doesn't work even will all the patches.
Tested on Night Elf Female.

Spoing

Post by Spoing » Mon May 08, 2023 8:32 pm

Fiona longears in theramore seems to have some problems with her face (i think the texture doesnt map properly, so her eyes are in the wrong spot). (there is also an eye on her ear)

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon May 08, 2023 9:28 pm

Already discussed this in earlier posts. Please do not submit known issues so we can try to keep the post count on this thread manageable.

Grauhase

Post by Grauhase » Wed May 10, 2023 5:03 am

I don't mean to sound rude, but I think posting links in this thread should be limited to Redmagejoe since this is his project and his thread + the contributors he works with (ex: Astricon).
Many people posting links, combining patches and etc that have not yet been incorporated into the project's official patches generate doubts and confusion.

Ayansky11

Post by Ayansky11 » Wed May 10, 2023 2:10 pm

agree, i will wait official pathes on the main paige

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Wed May 10, 2023 6:23 pm

Astricon is realising that frequent because of beta testing, that Joe can include this, when all is working fine.
Other ppl releasing modified versions, because some things they don't like included.
So, there's a version for everybodys flavour.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed May 10, 2023 7:03 pm

Dhrazar wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:23 pm
Astricon is realising that frequent because of beta testing, that Joe can include this, when all is working fine.
Other ppl releasing modified versions, because some things they don't like included.
I would PREFER that people make their own thread as a derivative work on the Modding board rather than clogging up or hijacking my thread where I need to be able to review people's feedback and bug reports, and stay on top of Astricon's latest update without asking him to post a duplicate link in every one of his posts. The Modding board moves slowly enough that we don't have to compete for place on Page 1.

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Wed May 10, 2023 7:15 pm

Josephturtlef wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 3:14 pm
Ok, I see this is addressed in patches Z & X.
I am going to combine the list:

It is not too clear what is what, so if you plan on integrating those to A&B - please let us know :)
Outstanding piece of work, btw.
I've gone ahead and removed the links from this post.

Please report as a separate thread, I want to avoid confusion with what mod is part of which project.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Menorrhee

Post by Menorrhee » Thu May 11, 2023 12:46 pm

Hello,

I just want to thank you for this work.

I really enjoy my new trip in Azeroth in turtle mode because of this !

Bb =)
Menorrhee 39 twin druid
Quabalah 60 druid (in building)
NO MORE A GAMER ;) BB all

Meskhi

Post by Meskhi » Thu May 11, 2023 5:06 pm

there are a lot of visual bugs in cities sometimes when I move the mouse, especially in IronForge, is there a way to fix this? I'm only using patch-b.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 11, 2023 5:11 pm

Meskhi wrote:
Thu May 11, 2023 5:06 pm
there are a lot of visual bugs in cities sometimes when I move the mouse, especially in IronForge, is there a way to fix this? I'm only using patch-b.
There are no visual bugs correlating directly to patch-B. It is likely a graphics setting / hardware issue that patch-B simply exacerbates, but is certainly not responsible for.

Meskhi

Post by Meskhi » Thu May 11, 2023 5:25 pm

Yep fixed it, it was the refresh rate, I had it on 144hz, and switching to a lower rate fixed it.

Etojehell

Post by Etojehell » Sat May 13, 2023 10:25 am

Hi guys. The white bear skin on the druid is missing the sound of footsteps. Is this because of patch A, B or what? The standard bear has no such problem.

Lokens

Post by Lokens » Sat May 13, 2023 11:17 am

hello guys, what you did is very cool thank you for this, please fix in the next patch update, dark iron dwarves (premium skin), all their models in the world work fine, and models from the store have a broken face, thanks again for your work turtle_in_love_head

Johnedward

Post by Johnedward » Sat May 13, 2023 4:34 pm

Akalix wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:15 pm
Please report as a separate thread, I want to avoid confusion with what mod is part of which project.
Mine were direct modifications to this HD patch itself, reverting some of the changes back to vanilla - notably some spell effects that multiple people have repeatedly reported as getting stuck (concecration & blink) but Redmagejoe hasn't been able to reproduce or fix.

Speaking of the edits, where are the 3d bubble effects for holy and mana shield actually from? I haven't been able to find any screenshot of from any version of retail where they wouldn't be 2d shimmers.

Act

Post by Act » Mon May 15, 2023 11:34 pm

Hello there!

First of all, thank you guys for your great effort! It looks amazing on those screenshots!
It is very likely that I'm simply dumb but I cannot make it work on my machine. I'm trying patch-A mentioned in the first post and that's what I get:
https://imgur.com/a/x7HTOae

In-game it looks the same and crashes to desktop after few seconds.

I already tried:
1. Deleting WDB folder
2. Using DXVK
3. Changing various Video options in-game

Anyone can share an idea what could be wrong? It's GTX1070Ti under the hood, if that matters.

Best Regards,
Act

Routable

Post by Routable » Tue May 16, 2023 1:03 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 7:03 pm
Dhrazar wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 6:23 pm
I would PREFER that people make their own thread as a derivative work on the Modding board rather than clogging up or hijacking my thread where I need to be able to review people's feedback and bug reports, and stay on top of Astricon's latest update without asking him to post a duplicate link in every one of his posts. The Modding board moves slowly enough that we don't have to compete for place on Page 1.
Have you considered starting a discord specifically for this project?

Bug reports could be organized in their own channels, and a general discussion could still take place. Likewise, contributors could have their own channels where work might be shared.

Something to consider. Forum style discussions are a bit of a dying medium.

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Tue May 16, 2023 1:14 am

The new Gun weapon sounds are terrible

Manateufel

Post by Manateufel » Tue May 16, 2023 1:47 am

Redmagejoe you are the real champ here, thanks for this mod it makes the game feel 10 times better.

Visagezero

Post by Visagezero » Tue May 16, 2023 2:44 am

Fantastic work Redmagejoe, enjoying this a lot.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 16, 2023 8:42 pm

Please, do not thank me. All of the most recent heavy lifting is being done by the amazing contributions of Astricon and Tonky. On that note...

********** UPDATE **********

New version of patch-A available in the first post! HUGE update to spell effects and sounds, thanks to the hard and diligent work of Astricon. ALL HIGH ELF NPC FACES HAVE BEEN FIXED, thanks hugely to Tonky and Astricon, who figured out how to automate the process somewhat. Look forward to this fix being applied to ALL NPC faces in future updates. A few mount textures have been fixed as well. This update is not a final version of the spell updates, and there are some minor bugs and some unsatisfactory sound changes that will be addressed in future versions.

EDIT: There was a small issue with uploading. Please give it another 15 minutes from the time of this post before the new version will be available.

Dhrazar

Post by Dhrazar » Tue May 16, 2023 9:32 pm

Thank you so much for this, guys!
Last edited by Dhrazar on Tue May 16, 2023 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 16, 2023 9:59 pm

Hmm... There was a sound for High Elf Racial and Evocation, but it seems like in transferring Astricon's patch into mine, I may have broken it... Scratch that, it's the Arcane casting sound I broke. Whoops.
Last edited by Redmagejoe on Wed May 17, 2023 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalbarakat1122

Post by Kalbarakat1122 » Tue May 16, 2023 11:49 pm

When I put the files into my data folder and log into the game all my skills and and skill book break. Am I missing anything?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue May 16, 2023 11:55 pm

Kalbarakat1122 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 11:49 pm
When I put the files into my data folder and log into the game all my skills and and skill book break. Am I missing anything?
Make sure you're using the latest version and not the older version I mentioned in my post I had a delay in replacing.

Kalbarakat1122

Post by Kalbarakat1122 » Wed May 17, 2023 12:14 am

Thank you. I found them and its working now

Korbendallas2k4

Post by Korbendallas2k4 » Thu May 18, 2023 2:10 am

Can you install Patch A but not turn on the "new" character models that blizzard introduced with Warlords and the "new" sounds that they introduced with Cata (horrible gun/bow sounds and muted spells like chain lightning).

Kiersteadmo

Post by Kiersteadmo » Thu May 18, 2023 4:17 am

I added the files to my ones you said and i coudl nto connect to the server

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Thu May 18, 2023 4:18 am

if you are experiencing missing sounds try re-downloading patch-A. it was just updated with some bug fixes.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu May 18, 2023 6:55 am

Korbendallas2k4 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 2:10 am
Can you install Patch A but not turn on the "new" character models that blizzard introduced with Warlords and the "new" sounds that they introduced with Cata (horrible gun/bow sounds and muted spells like chain lightning).
That's literally all patch-A is. Why download patch-A if you have no desire to use the patch?

Korbendallas2k4

Post by Korbendallas2k4 » Thu May 18, 2023 10:45 am

I saw "world models" there, and I appreciate your Patch-B, so i assumed world models would be more improved items/textures.

Jokke

Post by Jokke » Thu May 18, 2023 5:59 pm

Have sounds effects in Patch A been updated as well? Mage spells don't sound right at all.
The previous version of the Patch A I used was from ~May 5th, and that sounded right.

Astricon

Post by Astricon » Thu May 18, 2023 6:28 pm

[tr][/tr]
Jokke wrote:
Thu May 18, 2023 5:59 pm
Have sounds effects in Patch A been updated as well? Mage spells don't sound right at all.
The previous version of the Patch A I used was from ~May 5th, and that sounded right.
Sounds were updated. Some are still a bit broken. Don't know what you mean by "don't sound right" so elaborate.