Turtles should be the best tank pet in turtlewow

Zhilo

Turtles should be the best tank pet in turtlewow

Post by Zhilo » Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:47 pm

It just seems fitting to me, that turtles should be desirable pets for tanking, at least in this server. I suggest either increasing their attack speed so they build more hate, give them a dash so they are just as desirable as boars (wouldnt be very logical tho) or, my favorite idea, an aoe threat ability that lowers enemy accuracy like those damn snapjaws in the barrens like to do to me. Call it mud spash, give it a reasonabel cooldown so they can use it at least twice per pull, and BAM, you got a pocket tank for the first few dungeons in the game (with a group that isn't too gung-ho with dps and lets your pet build aggro a bit)

Friendz001

Re: Turtles should be the best tank pet in turtlewow

Post by Friendz001 » Wed Sep 14, 2022 8:15 am

Turtles are the tankiest pets in vanilla with an armor rating of 1.13, wich is higher then any other pet.
On top of that, they have Shell Shield, an abilitie that makes your turtle even tankier.
So I dont quite know what else you want.

And if you want to tank dungeons with ur pet you have 2 options:
- Either take a druid with you that can give thorns to your pet if your lazy
- Or manually micro-manage your pet and auto attack each mobs 1 time and then switch back to main target

Dont get me wrong, Hunter pets really need some love, but what you want from turtles is already there.

You demand just too much, you want a turtle that is super fast, is super tanky to the point where it can replace
a player, and you also want it to hold AOE aggro on its own, consistently, on its own, without you having to
micro-manage anything.

Thats just too much asked imho.

Zhilo

Post by Zhilo » Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:44 am

You make it sound like I asked for every changed I suggested to be implemented all at once, which is not the case.

Most pets, when talking about leveling in dungeons, are already hardy enough to survive, specially with healing support. Hunters dont have much reason to be conerned with the defensive stats of their pets, and focus instead on wheter they have good unique skills or offensive stats, which is why cats and boars are so popular.

I would like it if turtles were as desirable as boars at least, from a gameplay standpoint.

Paotai

Post by Paotai » Tue May 09, 2023 1:29 am

我认为最好的宠物T是有尖啸的宠物。(猫头鹰,蝙蝠,秃鹫。秃鹫攻击低一些稍差)
原因如下:
-尖啸是1.12唯一群拉技能
-尖啸可以造成大量的仇恨值(你可以在群拉中治疗宠物,多重射击,多目标毒蛇钉刺。)
-尖啸可以降低敌人攻击力。(和挫志不冲突可以带进raid)
-在某些方面,能够吸引仇恨才是宠物最重要的用途。

I would recommend pets that have SCREECH.(Owls, Bats, Carrion Birds)
-SCREECH is the only group pulling skill in 1.12.
-SCREECH causes large amount of aggro.( You can heal pet or even use Multi-shot/Viper Sting on MULTI TARGET with peace of mind).
-SCREECH lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range.
-To some extent, Aggro is most important as for tank.

satisfied_turtle satisfied_turtle_head turtle_in_love_head turtle_tongue turtle_tongue turtle_tongue_head sad_turtle_head turtle_in_love sad_turtle angry_turtle_hea crying_turtle crying_turtle dead_turtle_head happy_turtle happy_turtle_head hiding_smth_turtle hiding_smth_turtle_head insidious_turtle insidious_turtle

https://www.wow-petopia.com/classic/abi ... p#screech1

Screech
Blasts a single enemy for damage and lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range. Effect lasts 4 sec.

Can be learned by: Bats, Carrion Birds, Owls

Screech 1: Pet Level 8, Cost 10 TP. Blasts a single enemy for 7 to 9 damage and lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range by 25. Effect lasts 4 sec.
Can be learned by taming:
Greater Fleshripper (Carrion Bird, 16-17, Westfall)
Screech 2: Pet Level 24, Cost 15 TP. Blasts a single enemy for 12 to 16 damage and lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range by 50. Effect lasts 4 sec.
Salt Flats Vulture (Carrion Bird, 32-34, Thousand Needles)
Shrike Bat (Bat, 38-39, Uldaman (Dungeon))
Dread Ripper (Carrion Bird, 39-40, Desolace)
Screech 3: Pet Level 48, Cost 20 TP. Blasts a single enemy for 19 to 25 damage and lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range by 75. Effect lasts 4 sec.
Ironbeak Owl (Owl, 48-49, Felwood)
Dark Screecher (Bat, 50-52, Blackrock Depths (Dungeon))
Carrion Vulture (Carrion Bird, 50-52, Western Plaguelands)
Screech 4: Pet Level 56, Cost 25 TP. Blasts a single enemy for 26 to 46 damage and lowers the melee attack power of all enemies in melee range by 100. Effect lasts 4 sec.
Monstrous Plaguebat (Bat, 56-58, Eastern Plaguelands)
Winterspring Screecher (Owl, 57-59, Winterspring)