Wanna survive dungeons in HC? Don't be a tank!

Scriss

Wanna survive dungeons in HC? Don't be a tank!

Post by Scriss » Fri May 05, 2023 3:12 pm

I can't tell you guys how many times I've seen the tank RIP because of dumb dps(usually hunters) or healers. The healer dc, hunter's pet pulls extra groups on accident in the middle of a pull(most common thing I see! Every day!), dps CC's the wrong target, dps starts their aoe before the tank touches the mobs and everyone starts running and tank aoe pulls threat while every1 is panicking and dead tank, healer gets a phone call... you guys get the idea. You see, dps and the healer are REAL good at seeing when sh*t is about to hit the fan. They are going to bail and real fast. As a tank you will always die first and you usually did nothing wrong. Every time you run with a random group as a tank you are rolling the dice, even if you're a PRO tank.

So, if you are playing HC and you are a tank... Good luck... Your RIP is always right around the corner.

Kazgrim

Re: Wanna survive dungeons in HC? Don't be a tank!

Post by Kazgrim » Fri May 05, 2023 3:15 pm

Tldr dont group with huntards
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Scriss

Post by Scriss » Sat May 06, 2023 6:27 am

lol. Hard since there's so many of them.

Eldirian

Post by Eldirian » Sat May 06, 2023 9:39 am

Maybe I was lucky but I've run like 20 dungeons as a tank on HC and all went fine and smooth.

Ibux
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Ibux » Sat May 06, 2023 11:43 am

on the other side i have had tanks that play more risky then they need to because they crave the excitement of near death.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Sat May 06, 2023 2:31 pm

If you feel that the LFG Tool puts too many bad players into your groups, just stop using it.

When I hop on one of my tanks (I like leveling) and I feel like I want or need a specific setup, or just want to avoid certain classes, I only use the tool to see who's interested in my dungeon and directly whisper these people.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sat May 06, 2023 2:37 pm

Sorry my pet pulled.

Bubamasteros

Post by Bubamasteros » Sat May 06, 2023 7:21 pm

Scriss wrote:
Fri May 05, 2023 3:12 pm
I can't tell you guys how many times I've seen the tank RIP because of dumb dps(usually hunters) or healers. The healer dc, hunter's pet pulls extra groups on accident in the middle of a pull(most common thing I see! Every day!), dps CC's the wrong target, dps starts their aoe before the tank touches the mobs and everyone starts running and tank aoe pulls threat while every1 is panicking and dead tank, healer gets a phone call... you guys get the idea. You see, dps and the healer are REAL good at seeing when sh*t is about to hit the fan. They are going to bail and real fast. As a tank you will always die first and you usually did nothing wrong. Every time you run with a random group as a tank you are rolling the dice, even if you're a PRO tank.

So, if you are playing HC and you are a tank... Good luck... Your RIP is always right around the corner.
I can understand your pain brother.
Чел... Я баня-бочка.

Integer667

Post by Integer667 » Sat May 06, 2023 9:47 pm

my man just pulled 3 elites and didn't run, like come on xd

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Sun May 07, 2023 12:13 am

Who in their right mind would run in while having half mana on both the Tank and the Healer? In an Elite zone to boot?

Then again that seems to be the normal experience with Tanks on Turtle, they never pay attention to the mana of their healers or in this case even themself.

Bubamasteros

Post by Bubamasteros » Sun May 07, 2023 12:45 am

Karrados wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 12:13 am
Who in their right mind would run in while having half mana on both the Tank and the Healer? In an Elite zone to boot?

Then again that seems to be the normal experience with Tanks on Turtle, they never pay attention to the mana of their healers or in this case even themself.
In fact, it is interesting that a person from the outside would judge this situation.
Subjectively, I had enough mana for myself.
But the fact that the healer pull two mobs with his face, as it seemed to me, isn't it? (In the video, I just told him to stand at the moment when he ran into me, instead of sitting down to drink scared_turtle_head )
Чел... Я баня-бочка.