World channel

Musse

World channel

Post by Musse » Tue Oct 08, 2019 7:22 pm

Please make World ally/horde only again! Or, create a /Horde and a /Alliance.

Today. Not tomorrow.

Sinrek

Re: World channel

Post by Sinrek » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:23 pm

Since we had a lot of questions regarding uniting the world chat and people were asking for it since February we've decided to keep chat as it is now for at least before it starts to flame up with bile.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:31 pm

It was a great pleasure to interact with our community in the new world chat, which has been peaceful and active since we united it for the Anniversary Quiz.

This setting will remain this way until it's proven to cause harm to the game experience on Turtle WoW.

It's better to have one chat full of conversations than two inactive ones.

Please create /alliance and /horde channels yourself. I'll add joining restrictions for them at some point.

Madcookie

Post by Madcookie » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:04 pm

I for one like the united channel very much and I'm very happy it is finally implemented. Thanks! smiling_turtle_head
Madcookie - lvl 54 mage (A)
Coltaine - lvl 38 rogue (A)
Feldon - lvl 57 Druid (H)
Faldin - lvl 16 Hunter (A)

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 am

I think that this requires languages to not work anymore. That is a bad thing.

Not everything is crossfactional, so it can be annoying hearing about Ragefire Chasm, or Stockades in world if you're not the right faction.

I left Diplomacy because I muted someone, and people keep talking to them there, and I can't follow converstations. World channels being linked just makes me want to leave world as well.

Please change it back... except for the xtensionxtooltip2 channel. Leave that one cross-factional.

Torta

Post by Torta » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:53 am

Skullmiser, I understand your concern about faction's private space. We'll make special restrictions for alliance and horde channels so each faction will have a place to discuss their own business.

It's the sacrifice we're willing to make to create better social atmosphere on the realm. You still can use specific languages like Darnassian, Gutterspeak, etc, to speak to your race, others won't get it.

You don't like someone, it's sad, but it's part of internet relations. We can't forbid others who welcomed the idea from talking to each others because of it.

This is the first time in the entire lifetime of Turtle when it actually is being active.

Kainnee

Post by Kainnee » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Wasn't there a diplomacy-channel already? Wouldn't it be easier to just use that for crossfaction and leave /world separated? I am already annoyed by all the hordes being able to whisper me... Which reminds me... Would it be possible to turn off whispering to non-diplomats?

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:40 pm

I think a real "world"channel is a good thing, but additional seperate Alliance and Horde channels would be dope.

Czarliam

Post by Czarliam » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:05 pm

I saw a periodic broadcast had been set up reminding people that they can /join Alliance or /join Horde. I did join Alliance on my main, and I know I'm not the only person on it, though I've yet to see anyone speak in it.
I like the joined World chat, since there's no longer something said in World then immediately again in Diplomacy.

Musse

Post by Musse » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 am

There was a server wide message to join Alliance or Horde for faction speak. BUT, since a) any race can join any of those two channels, and b) there is a message who joined, or left the channel (which only fills up the chat), I stay out of them until a & b fixed.

I'm also not on World channel, partly because it was a stupid idea to "combine" it. No matter how you turn it, no matter who you try to motivate the "combine", it's all only bad motivations, with (probably) "hidden" motivations why you did this. Be honest! The fact is there was /diplomacy for those wanting to speak x-faction.

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Musse wrote:
Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:28 am
...it's all only bad motivations, with (probably) "hidden" motivations why you did this. Be honest!
I eat turtle babies. Innocent. Little. Children. angry_turtle_hea

Xerron

Post by Xerron » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:23 pm

Musse wrote:
... it's all only bad motivations, with (probably) "hidden" motivations why you did this. Be honest! ...
happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head happy_turtle_head
funny turtle right here.

I like the united chat.
E.R.

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:25 pm

Musse wrote:
There was a server wide message to join Alliance or Horde for faction speak. BUT, since a) any race can join any of those two channels, and b) there is a message who joined, or left the channel (which only fills up the chat), I stay out of them until a & b fixed.
This will be fixed on the next update.

Neversober

Post by Neversober » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:32 pm

Having World for both Factions takes away from the Diplomacy Channel and makes it obsolete.
If people want to chat with the other Faction they should have been using the Diplomacy Channel because that is what it was intended for. World chat needs to go back to the way it was. The Diplomacy channel was perfect.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Oct 11, 2019 12:45 pm

TBH I like the way we had with Diplomacy channel. Kinda supports the idea of RP and allows you to divide in some way Alliance from Horde.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:11 pm

I left the World channel. I didn't like it anymore.
I joined Alliance and Horde on my characters, but nobody knows to join those channels.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:11 pm

I joined /alliance aswell and left /world.