Do NOT and NEVER use HD PATCH when playing your HC character!

Shener

Do NOT and NEVER use HD PATCH when playing your HC character!

Post by Shener » Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:39 pm

6 hours ago (About 11:55 Am GMT). My alliance level 30 mage, HC character was turning in the quest “The Missing Diplomat” in Stormwind Keep, then I am about to get out and my game crashed with an error message (I was using Turtle HD patch modding, link: viewtopic.php?t=2827, my game has also crashed sometimes in Goldshire where everyone waited for tents, I was not sure the patch is the reason before). After mere secs I relog on my account, but IMMEDIATELY, my character died, meaning the screen grayed out. I did NOT see any attack (and who can attack a NO-PVP player in Stormwind?)

After talking to support via Discord, I feel the HD patch is the key. When Onyxia reveals herself and her minions in Stormkeep, the patch will not able to load so many models together, and that makes the game crash just like those in Goldshire. Meanwhile, The game crash will not make the character disappear immediately, who still remained an easy standing-still target for Ony and that's why I can only see a corpse when I relog in.

Sigh. In this server, one can never appeal for an HC death no matter what. So for your own sake, leave this, or any modding methods away when you are leveling your HC characters. You do not want this extremely frustrating moment to happen to you.

Wrathweaver

Re: Do NOT and NEVER use HD PATCH when playing your HC character!

Post by Wrathweaver » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:30 pm

Serves you right, retail textures makes the game look flat and the models are kinda dumb.
If my screen was a portal that could enter the world of warcraft, i would probably pee on your HC grave since i cant really dance too well.

Name of character please?
Totally not going to go and do it in game now.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Johnedward

Post by Johnedward » Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:34 pm

While the HD patch may or may not increase the odds of having Error #132 crash on Turtle, it isn't anywhere near the only reason for it (in fact it's one of the most common crash reasons for any wow version, including current retail)

I've personally had it happen multiple times with and without the HD patch, but keeping all addons and modifications at a minimum with HC characters is a really good idea as they will increase the chances of something going wrong.

Rokit

Post by Rokit » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:48 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 7:30 pm
Serves you right, retail textures makes the game look flat and the models are kinda dumb.
If my screen was a portal that could enter the world of warcraft, i would probably pee on your HC grave since i cant really dance too well.

Dude. This person was trying to be helpful to other people, not asking for your antagonism or indictment of their graphics preferences. Don't attach your weird hang-ups to their advice. In the future, consider the relevance of your hateful bleating before posting.
Rokitt - High Elf Priest

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:57 pm

Rokit wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 9:48 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:

Dude. This person was trying to be helpful to other people, not asking for your antagonism or indictment of their graphics preferences. Don't attach your weird hang-ups to their advice. In the future, consider the relevance of your hateful bleating before posting.
Its just my grimdark sense of humor.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:08 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:

Serves them right? That's uncalled for and I'm fairly sure your entire post is against the turtleWoW TOS.

And HD is better.

Grimdark humor? That's not a valid excuse for being a horrible human being. You owe them a real apology.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 pm

I would ask that you not blame my HD patch for your unfortunate situation. Error #132 can happen on a completely clean Turtle WoW install. I do not appreciate this unnecessary and ill-informed thread which is only going to reflect negatively on something I put a lot of energy into. I have even posted disclaimers about it as a WIP project, but at the very least, this issue you describe has nothing to do with my patch.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:42 pm

Shroudedsoul wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:08 pm
Wrathweaver wrote:

Serves them right? That's uncalled for and I'm fairly sure your entire post is against the turtleWoW TOS.

And HD is better.

Grimdark humor? That's not a valid excuse for being a horrible human being. You owe them a real apology.
If he personally demand an apology i will do it.
But now its just getting out of hand and pretty weird in all honesty,

Edit: just read the rules, not really allowed to insult people its true.
Broke the rules, its prohibited.
Hope i will get a warning and not a perma ban.
But still think it should only be an issue if he has a huge issue, now it seems like you are offended on his behalf and want me banned.
Its not very nice either.

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:18 pm

Shener wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:39 pm
6 hours ago (About 11:55 Am GMT). My alliance level 30 mage, HC character was turning in the quest “The Missing Diplomat” in Stormwind Keep, then I am about to get out and my game crashed with an error message (I was using Turtle HD patch modding, link: viewtopic.php?t=2827, my game has also crashed sometimes in Goldshire where everyone waited for tents, I was not sure the patch is the reason before). After mere secs I relog on my account, but IMMEDIATELY, my character died, meaning the screen grayed out. I did NOT see any attack (and who can attack a NO-PVP player in Stormwind?)

After talking to support via Discord, I feel the HD patch is the key. When Onyxia reveals herself and her minions in Stormkeep, the patch will not able to load so many models together, and that makes the game crash just like those in Goldshire. Meanwhile, The game crash will not make the character disappear immediately, who still remained an easy standing-still target for Ony and that's why I can only see a corpse when I relog in.

Sigh. In this server, one can never appeal for an HC death no matter what. So for your own sake, leave this, or any modding methods away when you are leveling your HC characters. You do not want this extremely frustrating moment to happen to you.
I apologise.

Shener

Post by Shener » Mon Apr 17, 2023 12:59 am

Wrathweaver wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:18 pm
Shener wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 6:39 pm

I apologise.
Sorry for my bad English in advance. English is not my native language.

As for your response, to be honest, regardless of which culture I consider, I cannot quite grasp your sense of humor. However, I am not someone who is particularly sensitive to online comments. I think as long as you understand the meaning I want to convey, and if it is helpful or serves as a warning for you in playing TurtleWOW in the future, I will be satisfied and we are good.

Wish you and everyone who has replied earlier good luck, do not die like me in your HC experience :D

Shener

Post by Shener » Mon Apr 17, 2023 1:31 am

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:19 pm
I would ask that you not blame my HD patch for your unfortunate situation. Error #132 can happen on a completely clean Turtle WoW install. I do not appreciate this unnecessary and ill-informed thread which is only going to reflect negatively on something I put a lot of energy into. I have even posted disclaimers about it as a WIP project, but at the very least, this issue you describe has nothing to do with my patch.
Hello Redmagejoe, perhaps due to English not being my native language, and the fact that I just experienced losing a character in a very frustrating way, I may have expressed myself poorly.

First of all, I really like the HD patch you have created, adds new models and music to the Vanilla, making the whole game feel new and fresh. Otherwise, I would not have downloaded and used it for such a long time. I also understand the time and effort you put into constantly updating it, and I do not have any meaning in blaming it.

What I wanted to express is just that in HC, everyone's account may not be able to withstand the serious consequences caused by the instability of modding. I hope that people who see this post can be warned not to do modding when playing their HC characters. And You are right, my error may not necessarily be the result of using the HD patch.

By the way, since I was able to get your reply, I would like to report a bug in your patch that I am certain of. In the Stonetalon Mountains, after killing Wyverns Series mobs, there is no death animation, they just freeze in place.

I hope this information will be helpful for you to fix it in the next patch when you are convenient.

And again, Apology for my inappropriate wording. satisfied_turtle_head

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:28 am

Wrathweaver wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:42 pm
Shroudedsoul wrote:
Wrathweaver wrote:

And HD is better.

But still think it should only be an issue if he has a huge issue, now it seems like you are offended on his behalf and want me banned.
Your comment was extremely mild and if you actually get banned for something so small and meaningless I will be shocked.
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:22 am

Wrathweaver wrote:

wow rude. had a bad morning?

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:24 am

Wrathweaver wrote:
Sun Apr 16, 2023 10:42 pm
Shroudedsoul wrote:
Wrathweaver wrote:

And HD is better.

dont worry, my haters have done way worse personal attacks and insult and they are still around without any repercussions