No ranks on aspect of the Wolf

Chaparrote

No ranks on aspect of the Wolf

Post by Chaparrote » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:17 pm

Hello, i dont understand how an spell like aspect of the wolf has no rank 2 or 3, you learn it at lvl 30 and it gives 155 ap to melee attacks, and this means that it is the same ap at lvl 30 than at lvl 60, when other spells like the aspect of the hawk are increasing the ap over you rank it up.

I am at lvl 34 and i am enjoying really the melee hunter with my fast daggers, because the high proc of getting 30% attack speed and the 155 ap of the aspect which is so much decent for my lvl, but i have find that there will be no more ranks and i feel like every lvl i grow i will be getting lower and lower in damage optimization.

I would love if any gm answer me and helps me understand why there are no any more ranks on the aspect of the wolf.

Thank you and sorry for my english.

Karrados

Re: No ranks on aspect of the Wolf

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:22 pm

Not a GM but 155 AP is more than the highest rank of Aspect of the Hawk. It's 155 vs 120 in that case.
I assume they made it baseline incredibly powerful but without any further levels to it in exchange.

So at level 30 it may seem incredibly but it will eventually even out at 60.

Chaparrote

Post by Chaparrote » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:24 pm

Karrados wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:22 pm
Not a GM but 155 AP is more than the highest rank of Aspect of the Hawk. It's 155 vs 120 in that case.
I assume they made it baseline incredibly powerful but without any further levels to it in exchange.

So at level 30 it may seem incredibly but it will eventually even out at 60.
Yeah, a little more ap and you can not use ranged weapons... thats the thing. Should be more ap to get the balance with that big disadvantage.

Balake

Post by Balake » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm

Melee hunter won't work with increased base damage, it will work with stronger scaling. Predator Aspects is their version of flurry and while fury warriors proc it with crits that constantly increase, for hunters its a static 5%.

For melee hunter to work: 1. Mend pet needs to be an instant ability that places a buff and not a channel.
2. Mend pet must also increase the pet's damage in some way while it's active. Useful for melee hunters who have free gcds, not useful for ranged hunters who are doing something all the time. Tied to Improved Mend Pet talent in beastmastery tree
3. Finally rework spirit bond into something resembling an actual bond "while your pet is within 10 yards of you, it gains a percentage of your melee attack power and you and your pet will regenerate health."

Chaparrote

Post by Chaparrote » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:04 pm

Balake wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm
Melee hunter won't work with increased base damage, it will work with stronger scaling. Predator Aspects is their version of flurry and while fury warriors proc it with crits that constantly increase, for hunters its a static 5%.

For melee hunter to work: 1. Mend pet needs to be an instant ability that places a buff and not a channel.
2. Mend pet must also increase the pet's damage in some way while it's active. Useful for melee hunters who have free gcds, not useful for ranged hunters who are doing something all the time. Tied to Improved Mend Pet talent in beastmastery tree
3. Finally rework spirit bond into something resembling an actual bond "while your pet is within 10 yards of you, it gains a percentage of your melee attack power and you and your pet will regenerate health."
Maybe you are right, but im talking about something so much easier than all that balance you talking and i would like to understand why there are no more ranks of that aspect, i feel like if they forgot to put...

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:07 pm

Probably because Melee Hunters are not supposed to be a fully-fledged thing.

Turtle supporting "meme" speccs does not mean that they are going to be 100% viable, fleshed out or whatever else. Take a look at Enhancer Shaman and all the Tanking Talents while the Specc is not meant to be a Tank. It's all nice gimmicks but at the end of the day they are not going to be a real thing because many things are missing or don't work too well.

I also told you why there are no more ranks: They already get 155 AP which is slightly more than the max rank of Aspect of the Hawk. Yes, you give up your Ranged Abilities BUT nothing stops you from swapping to Aspect of the Hawk mid-fight and then regain your ranged abilities.

If Aspect of the Wolf gave even more then you would end up in a situation where Hunter would be incredibly potent and powerful both in melee and ranged with the simple press of a button.

Ravenstone

Post by Ravenstone » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:23 pm

Balake wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm
Spirit Bond should share your current aspect with your pet, or a % of it, so they could get benefit from AotMonkey or AotWolf.

Chaparrote

Post by Chaparrote » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:31 pm

Karrados wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:07 pm

Turtle supporting "meme" speccs does not mean that they are going to be 100% viable, fleshed out or whatever else. Take a look at Enhancer Shaman and all the Tanking Talents while the Specc is not meant to be a Tank. It's all nice gimmicks but at the end of the day they are not going to be a real thing because many things are missing or don't work too well.

I also told you why there are no more ranks: They already get 155 AP which is slightly more than the max rank of Aspect of the Hawk. Yes, you give up your Ranged Abilities BUT nothing stops you from swapping to Aspect of the Hawk mid-fight and then regain your ranged abilities.

If Aspect of the Wolf gave even more then you would end up in a situation where Hunter would be incredibly potent and powerful both in melee and ranged with the simple press of a button.
Well, i just think that it is hard to combine because the melee needs strenght for example to optimize the gear, and also there is no advantaje on pve of combining melee and ranged, and in pvp you wont anyway be viable as melee because you have no many things that other melee classes has, you just have autohits basically, if you are mm hunter you wont get the aspect of the wolf to face a rogue or a warrior, you will try to quite and fire on distance...

So another rank on aspect of the wolf that give for example 255 ap, i dont know if would be anything broken and every hunter would go melee and get first on damage, i dont think so, but i would feel like there is some increase on the damage from lvl 30 to 60 and would be great.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Mon Jan 23, 2023 6:35 pm

I find it ironic how this aspect is a complete waste of skill bar slot and would never be used over aspect of the monkey when you actually want to melee, but trueshot is grossly overpowered.
Last edited by Gantulga on Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:09 pm

Needs to be more ranks of this ideally.

Rank 1 - Level 10 - 50 AP
Rank 2 - Level 20 - 100 AP
Rank 3 - Level 30 - 150 AP
Rank 4 - Level 40 - 200 AP
Rank 5 - Level 50 - 250 AP
Rank 6 - Level 60 - 300 AP

Hauntingsforum

Post by Hauntingsforum » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:49 pm

Karrados wrote:

So a whole side of the talent tree is supposed to be garbage forever cause people think its a meme cause blizzard didnt have the time or interest in fleshing it out? Thats a weird argument for sure. Its ok to not be the best dps melee class as a hunter like shamans will probably not be the main tank in a raid. But even then when u think about it should prot paladin be a full tank if shamans are not? Speccs are only meme´s because theyre not balanced out right back in 2005. That should not be the argument against it. How would u feel if we meme down one of ur favorite class´s speccs to even the field, terrible ofc. so pls understand that we the melee hunter niche want this specc to be good and viable outside of the leveling phase. The right direction is ther it just needs the same love other classes got here in Turtle. Priorities are fine and i think there is no haste in doing so but it should not be of the table cause some people dont take it seriously.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:04 pm

Hauntingsforum wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:49 pm
Karrados wrote:

So a whole side of the talent tree is supposed to be garbage forever cause people think its a meme cause blizzard didnt have the time or interest in fleshing it out? Thats a weird argument for sure. Its ok to not be the best dps melee class as a hunter like shamans will probably not be the main tank in a raid. But even then when u think about it should prot paladin be a full tank if shamans are not? Speccs are only meme´s because theyre not balanced out right back in 2005. That should not be the argument against it. How would u feel if we meme down one of ur favorite class´s speccs to even the field, terrible ofc. so pls understand that we the melee hunter niche want this specc to be good and viable outside of the leveling phase. The right direction is ther it just needs the same love other classes got here in Turtle. Priorities are fine and i think there is no haste in doing so but it should not be of the table cause some people dont take it seriously.
Not quite, melee Hunter is not only not fleshed out, it was outright abandoned as a concept in the same way Melee priest did not survive the alpha builds of wow. The removal of Lacerate is a clear indicator that the shift was away from such a spec.

Protection paladin, Moonkin Druid and Elemental shamans got fully fledged talent trees to work with and adjust. Melee hunters got a total of TWO purpose built offensive talents for their playstile and 3 defensive ones.

You can theoretically play medic warrior with some heal on use items and bandages. But it will never be a competetive spec if the game wants to remain any semblence of the warrior class as it was in classic.
In similar fashion if you want to make melee hunter a thing, you'd have to completely overhaul the survival tree. Which i'm not sure is adding more to the game than it detracts. And it's not even certain it would preserve the gamefeel that currently attracts melee hunters

But then again, i'm not getting the appeal of melee hunter in the first place