Feral Strike!

Hauntingsforum

Feral Strike!

Post by Hauntingsforum » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:27 pm

Thats right its me again with another idea to make melee hunters great ag... wait they were never great at all Rexxar would be ashamed!

But to the topic, Feral Strike. What the melee hunter lacks (aside from bad scaling and mechanics that requires u to dodge to use one of ur 2 melee ablilites) is the lack of abilities. Here comes Feral Strike an attack that alters with the pet u have in usage. So what do i mean?

Bear / Crocos / Turtles- thematically an armored companion with low dmg - Feral Strike: Reduces Armor of ur opponent by x
(counter weakness)

Cats / Owls - thematically a high dmg companion - Feral Strike: Inflicts bleeding dmg to ur target
(double down ond dmg)

Wolf / Boars - thematically the middleground on pets with melee buff abilities - Feral Strike: Increases dmg dealt of the player and the pet for x amount
(u buff me i buff u)

Serpents / Skorpids - thematically nature and poison dmg - Feral Strike: Inflicts x amount of nature dmg.
(again double down)

Just some ideas combined with good scaling and or high dmg could do the trick. Would make the pet choice more prominent for melee hunters. Could be in the beastmaster section of skills when aquiring it at a trainer but should not be talented to far down in the skilltree to make it accesible for a survival hunter. Maybe no need for a talentat all just an attack more to use.

I really love the idea ofc. i have no clue on the technical side of things. Combined with my thrwoing stings suggestion were coming closser to a half serious class here!

Ty for spending ur time reading this, have a great one! <3

Edit: pls no scaling with weapon dmg that would result in another 2h using class. Emphasize dual wield by flat dmg on the skill. Like Rexxarrrrrr!

Balake

Re: Feral Strike!

Post by Balake » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:54 pm

Hunters should be encouraged to use fast one handers duel wield. It already has synergy with Predatory Aspects talent (faster weapon has more uptime).

Add this https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=45981 as a talent for melee crits only.

Melee hunter playstyle becomes spamming very fast swings to proc buffs on themselves and their pet.

Hauntingsforum

Post by Hauntingsforum » Tue Apr 11, 2023 10:40 pm

I like the talent but i would prefer an active ability to press and enhance the gameplay. But im totally with u when it comes to the dual wield aspect.

Bloodline1x9

Post by Bloodline1x9 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:20 am

I think the admins just need to make Raptor Strike stacks. And reduce its base cooldown to 3 seconds.
So the hunter will be able to accumulate bonus damage on bosses up to five times with raptor strike.

Plus, why is the wolf aspect only level 1 at 30? Where is the continuation?

Hauntingsforum

Post by Hauntingsforum » Wed Apr 12, 2023 12:05 pm

Yeah stacking Raptor would be cool but still i prefer more then one ability to do dmg :D Maybe just both. Ur idea would be easier to implement i guess. But when i look at how much skills other classes got i dont think its a technical issue here more a priority issue. Which is totally ok when u got so many things to do.