State of alterac valley

Heine

State of alterac valley

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:19 am

Current av is very sad to play tbh
Tons of npc to fight against, more like a pve ground.
If your team does not have a proper tank or healers, you can't win this.
Last one leads to horde always leaving this battleground creating a huge disadvantage or early closure.

I;am suggesting to rework av into last versions

- this will fix backdooring or make it harder
- reinforcements allow to play af to "kill them and win" instead of waiuting for a tank to come to BATTLEGROUND
- people wont afk but gonna kill enemy players instead to endbattleground gaster
- capping mines will be a huge think since it increases reinforcements counter thus helps to win

In general, it will be more fun for sure.

Geojak
Has liked: 34 times

Re: State of alterac valley

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:43 am

-1, reinforcement killed vanilla spirit of av

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:50 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 8:43 am
-1, reinforcement killed vanilla spirit of av
Vanilla spirit of av = playing 22vs10 because opposite side does not have tank/healer to win ?

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:44 am

vanilla spirit = needing a tank and healer to slowly fight trough an amry of players and npc elites

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:47 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:44 am
vanilla spirit = needing a tank and healer to slowly fight trough an amry of players and npc elites
If your vannila spirit requires a condition that can not be reached within 80% games - it should go away.
You are an alliance player for sure or do not play av on daily basis.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:08 am

I just would like to point out that it's a Blizzard way, to destroy their games because players can't adapt to some trivial things.

For how hard is to get a tank? I think our general PVP systems require more attention as world pvp is pretty dead, on 60 I wait 8-10+ mins to jump to any BG at all... And these are real problems. Not someone not being able to be a tank. Tanking is just a spec and some gear, you don't need raid equipment to do AV. If players don't feel encouraged to do it, they like to lose games apparently.

If we would have world PVP everywhere enforced, would above mean that one of sides would cry they want it to get disabled, becaus they also can't figure out how to write to people to get help, form guards, or take any other action? Encouraging such behavior makes people just don't do things and complain further instead of adapting. Funny is that I literally saw tons of tanks while leveling as horde, so where are PVP guilds, whispers, global channels, discord and other forms of communication asking people to be tanks, or if someone is eligible due to class choice - be one ?

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:36 am

Van isn't hard to tank. Easier fight than Drek to be perfectly honest. Not having heals is a way more common problem with Horde in my experience.

Ultimately, AV is a PVE race. If you can't even finish the race, of course you aren't going to win. If you can't kill Van, you have two options. First option is to trinket back to your base and try to stop Alliance from killing Drek. While you do this and stall for time, you can try messaging other Horde players online and get them to join your game so you can have a team that can actually win. The second option is just take the L, and that's the common choice taken sadly.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 am

Heine wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:47 am
Geojak wrote:
If your vannila spirit requires a condition that can not be reached within 80% games - it should go away.
i played av on a daily basis around a year ago on alliance. the pop was way lower back then and we had often 15 vs 12, at most maybe 25 vs 22. there was a brief time in point where horde always won when t3 horde players chidie and absolon and arkimonday and junna ranked together.

Heine

Post by Heine » Wed Mar 29, 2023 11:07 am

Geojak wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:53 am
Heine wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:47 am
Geojak wrote:
i played av on a daily basis around a year ago on alliance. the pop was way lower back then and we had often 15 vs 12, at most maybe 25 vs 22. there was a brief time in point where horde always won when t3 horde players chidie and absolon and arkimonday and junna ranked together.
Ia' currently playing 5th av in a row 22 vs 15
If thats ur "vanilla spirit" so let av be dead, iam gonna que ab/wsg instead so be it w/e

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:01 pm

dont forget to queue blood ring instead of av!

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:02 pm

Blood Ring is awesome and more people should queue it.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:01 pm

Mac wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:02 pm
Blood Ring is awesome and more people should queue it.
Not with our abysmal class balance.

Chickbloomm

Post by Chickbloomm » Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:46 pm

Unfortunately turtle wow is not having any intentions so far to help improve to crap pvp state of the game if you want to play pvp on vanilla server have to wait like me for epoch server to launch they got great ideas and motivation for pvp.

Piffo

Post by Piffo » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:15 am

AV is obviously connected to Faction Balance.
Other servers control the balance via character creation restrictions.

Maybe more Horde Players would go AV if they get a "Minority Buff" or they add a special pvp related timely faction change so you can sign up on both sides if players are missing.

I personally hope for a free Faction/Race change to Horde. (Other direction only for a Donation. Something like 200cp maybe).

Heard that they want to add something like that in the future.

Heine

Post by Heine » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:26 am

Lack of dev feedback around pvp problems is sad tbh.
Chickbloomm wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2023 12:46 pm
Unfortunately turtle wow is not having any intentions so far to help improve to crap pvp state of the game if you want to play pvp on vanilla server have to wait like me for epoch server to launch they got great ideas and motivation for pvp.
Undead paladins >.>

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:35 pm

I would love a reworked AV which would get more people playing it
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Rat2156

Post by Rat2156 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 4:50 pm

Reinforcements is the worst thing that happened to AV.

One of the actual issues with AV is that too much of the reward is locked behind finishing the game and winning it. The bulk of the rewards should be put on actually fighting a battle instead of just trying to end it as quickly as possible

Williamson75

Post by Williamson75 » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:39 pm

If they don't want to balance it they need to do something. I mean double rep and honor for horde. If we go the other route and just want to motivate horde to que give them the rep of a win on a loss. I don't care has to be a reason for them to choose and suffer

Bittermens

Post by Bittermens » Tue Apr 11, 2023 9:46 pm

Elites are a pain in the dick, Mobs are annoying on both sides, mainly archers.
Horde and alliance has 2 turtling chokepoins that makes it miserable and there is the fact that nobody does quests that gives the needed rep for pre-raid bis at exalted.

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Wed Apr 12, 2023 9:35 am

Anything but reinforcements mechanics please, I can work with anything but that.
I used to play eagerly here.

Nandiebs

Post by Nandiebs » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:02 pm

Or just replace all wolves near horde base with rams and triple their respawn rate

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Wed Apr 12, 2023 4:33 pm

why are reinforcements so scary to people?
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:23 pm

Because they litteraly killed the Alterac I had fun with to exchange it with a run against time. Now, I know that on Classic, people were cheesing AV and rushing the boss (as if it was the new one, implemented and encouraged with reinforcement that I have played with in WOTLK and Cataclysm), but I just hate that. Alterac is (only for me, and so in my opinion) a gigantic battle able last hours and hours. Perhaps there are too many NPCs, I can agree with that, and of course there is an obvious need for balance, but I would just hate it if this BG would last a maximum of 20minutes. I can do Warsong Gulch, Arathi or Arena for that.

Nandiebs

Post by Nandiebs » Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:53 pm

in order to achieve victory through reinforcements you need a lot longer than 20 mins lol
believe me, I had plenty of those in tbc and wotlk

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:30 pm

Nilay wrote:
Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:23 pm
To be fair, it should be an hour maximum, but you are the only person who wants to spend hours in AV. Most people are there for honor and rep, and at the point that it ceases to be cost-effective, people would rather set up an auto-clicker to AFK until it ends because of people who INSIST on dragging it out. AV battles are not as engaging as you seem to believe (and honestly, I admire that you're still enamored with it while the lustre of it has worn off for many of us), and you aren't going to convince the majority to suffer to satisfy the minority's enthrallment for these "epic large scale endless battles".

Nilay

Post by Nilay » Thu Apr 13, 2023 6:47 pm

I am not trying to convince anybody, you are right it's tedious for most of the players. I am just the type of player liking to fight on the same map against the same people for years ^^'

Barosa25

Post by Barosa25 » Sat Apr 15, 2023 11:48 pm

Nandiebs wrote:
Thu Apr 13, 2023 5:53 pm
in order to achieve victory through reinforcements you need a lot longer than 20 mins lol
believe me, I had plenty of those in tbc and wotlk
It wasn't possible to use reinforcements in the TBC & WOTLK, or for that matter what they did in Classic, like we are talking about here.

Stinkyjames

Post by Stinkyjames » Wed Apr 19, 2023 11:16 am

Yeah Ive tried getting some rep and honor through AV, I dont think its going to happen. I am more likely to get gear from a raid than from pvp at this rate. Gathering up to farm Lt.s is the most boring thing ever. Id honestly rather have 15v15 AV and have it scaled down a little so that you atleast stand a chance at doing something.