Transmogrification

Deadcrow

Re: Transmogrification

Post by Deadcrow » Sun Nov 11, 2018 5:53 pm

I'm in favor of Dodge's suggestion, it's less transformation and more dye vendor

Rramage

Post by Rramage » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 am

My two cents on Transmogrification, I know I'm new to the server and super late to this discussion.

I really like transmog from the role playing perspective for the following reasons:
1) it allows all members of a guild to wear a similar uniform or outfit, which is immersive and increases cohesion/cool factor.
2) vanilla clownsuits look silly, it's hard to take a character seriously when it looks super goofy. "I'm Sir Elrich Caerscion, the last living member of the ancient Order of Lordaeron... gaze upon my emerald scaled capris pants and purple wasp pauldrons and gold gloves with blue trim". I understand that this is blizzlike but I don't get the impression that the primary purpose of this server is to be an exact vanilla clone.
3) increased customization of appearance allows characters to not be carbon copies of each other. NPCs have individual gear sets that distinguish them, PCs should be able to do that as well. Having every member of a class look the same except hair and face options is less immersive in my opinion. Maintaining a look for your character would increase in-game recognition, and seeing a specific character go by in the world would have more impact than "lightforge paladin #96848"

From a server/business perspective, transmog brings the following benefits:
1) Unlocking transmog slots for turtle tokens is a source of server income
2) increased investment in characters encourages activity and logged in time
3) acquiring transmog gear can be a significant time investment that gives players something to do and keeps them logged in and playing, which is important in a lower population server that lacks an active endgame raiding scene
4) max level players hunting for transmog gear would often be moving through low level content and provide opportunities to help low level players

For those who do not wish to see transmog in the server, a simple checkbox option to disable the display of transmogrified items accommodates every reason that people have to not want transmogs. The given reasons to not want transmogs are valid, but it would very easy to satisfy both sides of the argument.

Sorry for the novel and the necropost

Sinrek
Has liked: 6 times

Post by Sinrek » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:58 pm

Kudos for such a great necropost.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Punchbuggy

Post by Punchbuggy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:30 pm

Query: Is it possible to have a bag that only will hold clothes? e.g. Herbing Bag, but clothes. I played on a Neverwinter Nights server eons ago that had a wardrobe bag that could only hold clothes, which was used for RP outfits, ofc. This freed up inventory space for the regular crap you had to carry around and you still had the RP clothes available to you when you were in an RP situation.

Just an idea, don't know if it is plausible.
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Musse

Post by Musse » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:03 pm

Quote "The majority of the votes says no. Mismatched armor has its own charm!"

Remember that modern "democracy" works so that the most noisy people gets their way through. Not necessary "the majority" (even if it said "of the votes") - as a matter of fact very seldom the majority, since the majority is wise, tolerant, and above all quiet.

I will not understand why people are against what other people wear or not. Sometimes same people that uses addons to change the look of the game.

Transmog IS an important part of any RP. This may be a "vanilla" server, but it is also foremost a RP server!
Of course we need transmogs! If transmogs would have been possible by Blizzard at vanilla it would have been introduced! But Blizzard was busy with other things. Not having transmogs is not what makes this gamewise more vanilla.

We have other stuff that is not "vanilla" (= not Blizzard). This is good, but why would transmogs be any exception to this?

Khazvarg

Post by Khazvarg » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:11 am

I kindda like the versatility Transmografication bring to the table for RP purpuses, but as far as I like the idea, this is Vanilla, So if you want to use some different set for RP, you better get it ready on your bags.
Khazvarg Wildhammer
Dwarf Warrior
"Ancestors guide me"

Casanova

Post by Casanova » Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:36 am

I mean you're still going to have a full bank just by farming you rp outfits and even with transmog you still need to carry those items. For example you can transmog your Leather armor into another leather set, but you still need to carry your cloth outfit. (casual outfit). But yeah, i would lile to see transmog in the server, is just a quality for the rp players.

Normanjudges

Post by Normanjudges » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:10 pm

it should stay away from vanilla. its one of the reasons why you get so incognito on retail. the enemy or the other players should see what you are wearing and how much power you have

~ Streicher Dwarven Hunter
Leyvar 60 Paladin

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:41 pm

I would love to give my heal paladin a robe fulltime, even while leveling, but there are no plate robes. So I'm pro transmog!

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:49 pm

I'm also pro transmog, I even have a transmog picked out for my warlock if we get this implemented

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:24 am

I am not familiar with Transmogrification, what are they exactly?

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:40 am

Yutilk wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:24 am
Making one piece of armour look like another, it's a cosmetic thing

Casanova

Post by Casanova » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm

Yutilk wrote:
The piece of armor can only be the same type: leather with leather, mail with mail. You can't use a mail piece to change the look of one that is leather. That's how it works since cataclysm.

Qixel

Post by Qixel » Mon Sep 23, 2019 5:37 pm

I would add that, if added here, there's realistically no reason for the armor restrictions. There isn't in retail, either, of course, but the point remains.

Yutilk

Post by Yutilk » Tue Sep 24, 2019 7:21 am

Casanova wrote:
Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:56 pm
Yutilk wrote:
The piece of armor can only be the same type: leather with leather, mail with mail. You can't use a mail piece to change the look of one that is leather. That's how it works since cataclysm.
Thanks for the clarification, this sounds super cool!

Thrakus

Post by Thrakus » Sat Oct 26, 2019 1:25 am

I'm Necroing this thread to bring back Transmog discussion for server. I think it would be incredibly helpful for RP to still be able to do dungeons/kill things while staying in character.
The only major downside of it would be confusion in Pvp, which is really not an issue on this server. And it's not a pure server so no need to be purist about it. =)
Plus, Torta just showed some awesome goggles from Mirage Raceway I want to rock at all times.
Shonx the mage
Beedle the druid
Snarle the hunter
Mordant the rogue
Alundar the paladin
Albinoe the shaman

Proud member of Molten Core Salvage Ops

Kayliss

Post by Kayliss » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:09 am

I'd rather see guild banks so people would stop using the AH as an extra bank and messing up the pricing on the auctioneer mod by putting the prices so high no one will buy the stuff they just want to store, or add the 5% deposit like blizz did to deter the use of the AH as an extra bank personally.

Badling

Post by Badling » Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:01 pm

Personally i would love Transmog, i have done vanilla over and over and i love the spark and extra style that Turtle wow has to it, and since it is an RP server aswell i would love to be able to jump into sets that are perhaps not as "cristmas tree mode" as vanilla generally is

As to how this would work, is a discusion in itself. but i would like it

edit, yeah those goggles, i NEED them while tanking in molten core they look so amazing its not even funny xD

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Nov 01, 2019 9:24 pm

I'd love to have transmog too. Some kind of simple form would be enough. I'd even buy it.

Reidforspeed

Post by Reidforspeed » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:40 pm

Not to throw up too much dirt digging excavating this thread, but was there ever a consensus/opinion from the turtle team about transmog implementation?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:13 pm

We kinda ended up on asking the populace. Most said something close to "No, thanks".