My account was hacked and my items and gold are gone.

Imonobor
Has liked: 3 times

My account was hacked and my items and gold are gone.

Post by Imonobor » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:19 am

Hey there!
My account was hacked and all items and gold from my character "Nydas" are gone. Curiously my bank is untouched.
I opened a ticket and a GM told me to make a new ticket listing the items that I'm missing and to change my password (which I already did). Sadly, ticket character limit prevents me from listing it all in a ticket, so I thought I'd make this thread and link it in the ticket.
The following items are present in my outfitter addon, so I'm 100% sure I had them. They may have had some enchantments that I don't remember, but the ones I do remember are written. I do have screenshots with proof for most items.

Equipment from my character: Sorcerer's Bindings, Quel'dorei Hero Cloak, Wolfrunner Shoes (with mithril spurs), Sorcerer's Gloves, Songstone of Ironforge, Robe of the Archmage, Fire Ruby, Crimson Felt Hat, Arbiter's Blade, Sorcerer's Belt, Skyshroud Leggings, Blackteeth Necklace, Stormrager, Ring of the Academy, Celestial Orb, Epaulets of Denatharion

Alternate sets equipment: Dreamweave Gloves (with riding speed enchant), Acidic Walkers (with run speed enchant), Carrot on a Stick, Rethress Tide Crest, Drakestone of Spirit, Deep Striders,

Items from my backpack: 7x Wizard Oil, around 50-100 gold, 4 Gromsblood, 20x Heavy Runecloth Bandages, 9 Superior Mana Potions, 5 Major Mana Potions, 10 Major Healing Potions, 20 Aquadynamic Fish Attractors, Runed Truesilver Rod, Runed Arcanite Rod, stacks of reagents (Rune of Teleportation, Rune of Portals, 2x stacks Arcane Powder, Tiny Silver Keys), 20x Tender Wolf Steak, some Un'goro soil (20ish I think?), 1x Tea with Sugar

I'm sad that there is no way to automatically roll back my character to an earlier date, because I'm bound to forget some items that may be of some import, since I haven't logged in a couple of months. I have memories that my inventory was full of materials and random greens last time I logged out, but I don't have any screenshots of that, so I can't say what they were. Even though I can buyback a few items from a vendor (see in one of the screenshots), I don't have the gold to do so.

Screenshots:
Zip of original .tga files with original dates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7sey2yojty9kz ... s.zip?dl=0
Imgur album:
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Thewowtraveller

Re: My account was hacked and my items and gold are gone.

Post by Thewowtraveller » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:04 am

:(

Just joined this server/forum and this is the first thing I read without any reply. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

From a SQL point of view, it's quite easy to do this as long as they are backing up the two tables that store the player data. If any admins require help with the SQL queries necessary to facilitate anything like this please contact me.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Apr 05, 2023 11:03 am

Thewowtraveller wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:04 am
:(

Just joined this server/forum and this is the first thing I read without any reply. Sorry to hear this happened to you.

From a SQL point of view, it's quite easy to do this as long as they are backing up the two tables that store the player data. If any admins require help with the SQL queries necessary to facilitate anything like this please contact me.
Thank you for your sympathy.
It also shocked me that there was no way to rollback characters, especially because I think this thing happened rather recently (judging by the other scammed people). Hope they can implement such a system to prevent these things from happening in the future, especially if it's as easy as you say.
Another thing that baffled me is that when you log into the site, it ONLY tells you the last login IP and location, which is obviously the one you just logged in from, which is useless information. There should be a log of these things, to see when and how many times an account was compromised. I know the IP address would be useless, because it can be masked with VPNs, but it's still something - it could link the scams to one person or several different persons if the IPs match.

Although, I did receive an answer to the ticket I made ingame, so don't be dismayed that there is no answer here. They're working on it, for which I am very thankful turtle_in_love_head

Alovander

Post by Alovander » Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm

Hello! literally same thing happened to me on all my characters however hacker didnt sell some of my items like trinkets and rings, everything else is gone. Where should i report this, which tab in ticket section? Damn i was about to come back after some break and this happen, sad life.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:48 pm

Alovander wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm
Hello! literally same thing happened to me on all my characters however hacker didnt sell some of my items like trinkets and rings, everything else is gone. Where should i report this, which tab in ticket section? Damn i was about to come back after some break and this happen, sad life.
It should go in the "Items" ticket section. Try to describe to the best of your memory all your missing items, or better yet check if you have any screenshots or addons like Outfitter that says what you had equipped. If the ticket character limit is too short, make a new thread in this forum listing all the items, and link it in the ticket.

Sorry this happened to you, it sucks. Also, goes without saying, change your password ASAP and try not to reuse any passwords anywhere in the future. Use a password manager if you can't remember them.

Alovander

Post by Alovander » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:03 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:48 pm
Alovander wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 4:40 pm
It should go in the "Items" ticket section. Try to describe to the best of your memory all your missing items, or better yet check if you have any screenshots or addons like Outfitter that says what you had equipped. If the ticket character limit is too short, make a new thread in this forum listing all the items, and link it in the ticket.

Sorry this happened to you, it sucks. Also, goes without saying, change your password ASAP and try not to reuse any passwords anywhere in the future. Use a password manager if you can't remember them.
Oh yeah i got anwer from ticket that they are checking my issue and shouldn't take longer than 10 days. Unfortunately i don't have any screens, in fact i had break from turtle and logged in around 5 days ago just to check whats up, today i log and my characters are almost naked, found some people on global saying they were hacked as well, it was some mass hacking action or what?

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:07 pm

Alovander wrote:
Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:03 pm
Oh yeah i got anwer from ticket that they are checking my issue and shouldn't take longer than 10 days. Unfortunately i don't have any screens, in fact i had break from turtle and logged in around 5 days ago just to check whats up, today i log and my characters are almost naked, found some people on global saying they were hacked as well, it was some mass hacking action or what?
Yeah, apparently someone got a hold of another private server's user data including username/password combinations and has been going through them on TurtleWoW to see if any match and scamming their items. Pretty scummy behavior, but it can easily be avoided by not using the same passwords. I highly recommend anyone who uses a password that they have ever used anywhere else to change their password right away in order to avoid this.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:58 pm

Your character has been fully restored Imonobor. Please, remember to change your password!

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 pm

I'm locking the topic as the issue has been resolved.