Patch 1.17.0 — Beyond the Greymane Wall

Whalemilk

Re: Patch 1.16.6 — Work in progress!

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:50 pm

Bigguy05 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:42 pm
Any chance of an Elven Warlock in the future?
I feel like elves are a big fan of demons considered a demon made a sand castle and destroyed dalaran

Thendred

Post by Thendred » Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:47 pm

A new class for night elves would be nice, I personnally would love to see night elves paladin (paladins of elune sort of deal) or shamans (since the cenarion circle is already a thing, the connection to nature the shaman's have would fit) if you guys plan to mix them in both factions. Also melee hunter talents like allowing the use of traps in combat if you go survival would be amazing, good job on the server otherwise, I enjoy it smiling_turtle_head .

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:47 pm

Thendred wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:47 pm
A new class for night elves would be nice, I personnally would love to see night elves paladin (paladins of elune sort of deal) or shamans (since the cenarion circle is already a thing, the connection to nature the shaman's have would fit) if you guys plan to mix them in both factions. Also melee hunter talents like allowing the use of traps in combat if you go survival would be amazing, good job on the server otherwise, I enjoy it smiling_turtle_head .
I don’t think they should add any additional classes to any other races.

I don’t know if this is a term, but I feel like it will lead to “class creep”

It needs to stop at some point… why not now

Thendred

Post by Thendred » Sat Mar 04, 2023 7:37 pm

Personnally I think allowing every race to play every class wouldn't be a detriment to the game. Everybody already played this game to hell and back so why not allow people to have a bit of fun with new class/race combos, especially when you see races like human being able to do everything now. Allowing other races to have access to new classes may lead to decent synergies and simple fun to be had. Turtle wow clearly is heading toward a vanilla+ route, so changes like this that don't affect the difficulty of the game, and are more cosmetic than anything elses really, are fine in my book.

Halfgeek9

Post by Halfgeek9 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 3:18 am

Starshards for NE Priests need <3 like the TBC version. Elune's Grace is also a sad racial spell. Fearward and Feedback had some buffs, but the NE ones that need it most still awful.

Kyzen

Post by Kyzen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:26 am

Whalemilk wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:44 pm
Can you please put NPC’s on boats & blimps.

It would be so nice to be able to vendor or buy some food.

Also, it would make it look more lively
Not possible because of client limitation as far as I know.

Kyzen

Post by Kyzen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:26 am

Kefke wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:05 pm
The Quel'dorei fleet was not completely wiped out after the fall of Quel'thalas. Some of their iconic destroyers are returning to serve their people again!
Sea route from Alah'Thalas?
Would be great !

Bigguy05

Post by Bigguy05 » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:05 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:50 pm
Bigguy05 wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2023 3:42 pm
Any chance of an Elven Warlock in the future?
I feel like elves are a big fan of demons considered a demon made a sand castle and destroyed dalaran
Fair enough...
Just thinking about the RP potential, maybe I'll give the troll warlock a shot.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:39 pm

Kyzen wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:26 am
Whalemilk wrote:

What happens when NPC’s are added?

Torta
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Torta » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:47 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:39 pm
Kyzen wrote:
Sun Mar 05, 2023 11:26 am
Whalemilk wrote:

What happens when NPC’s are added?
The boat will leave and NPC will hang in the air.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:59 pm

Torta wrote:
Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:47 pm
The boat will leave and NPC will hang in the air.
That sucks…

Allwynd01
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:42 pm

What level content will be Gilneas for? Are there any plans for turning the unused space on Eastern Kingdoms into zones for leveling? It would be nice to have more alternatives for the 45-60 range. Felwood and both Plaguelands are very dark and depressing, Winterspring has very few quests, Silithus also has little quests and there are a lot of very hard mobs even non-elite ones.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 pm

You heard about the brilliant content for that exact level range made by the Turtle Wow developers, Gillijim, Lapidis and Tel'abim islands. Plus many new quests in The Badlands amongst others. That being said, I agree that Gilneas should be for lvl 45-60 or so. Maybe a small part of it could go all the way down to lvl 30, since it is right next to Tarren Mill and Southshore. A bonus to this is that it allows new ppl in that lvl range to experience some of the cool new content in the early-mid game.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:12 am

Jombo wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:21 pm
You heard about the brilliant content for that exact level range made by the Turtle Wow developers, Gillijim, Lapidis and Tel'abim islands. Plus many new quests in The Badlands amongst others. That being said, I agree that Gilneas should be for lvl 45-60 or so. Maybe a small part of it could go all the way down to lvl 30, since it is right next to Tarren Mill and Southshore. A bonus to this is that it allows new ppl in that lvl range to experience some of the cool new content in the early-mid game.
I heard dev say it is like l.v38 to 43 zone.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:43 am

Gilneas?

Ipsychd

Post by Ipsychd » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:51 am

Is there any eta on when 1.16 will drop or parts of it? Looking forward to the Troll Warlocks!

Xratedblonde

Post by Xratedblonde » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:32 pm

Yes please any eta on 1.16.6 patch also wanna play warlock

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:58 pm

Jombo wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:43 am
Gilneas?
Yeah, i saw it from reddit post of the dev

Bayanni

Post by Bayanni » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:18 pm

New raids hype

Kerenis

Post by Kerenis » Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:29 am

You got the chance to introduce epic gear tailored for offspecs here. Pally prot, Shaman Enh, Demonology Warlock, you name it. Its gonna be good even if its just T1 ilvl

Sebwolf

Post by Sebwolf » Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:04 pm

Oh Gilneas, yay! I will be able to play a badass werewolf with a charismatic leader in a nice old london vibe city!
Uh... That will happen, right?
Oh...

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:41 am

Ipsychd wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:51 am
Is there any eta on when 1.16 will drop or parts of it? Looking forward to the Troll Warlocks!
Xratedblonde wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:32 pm
The only ETA we are currently offering is "When it's ready" -- we don't want to commit to a specific timeframe until we are very near completion. But, I will say that I see progress made each day, and we've got a lot of passionate folks putting in the work.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Sylveria
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Sylveria » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:53 am

Kerenis wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2023 11:29 am
You got the chance to introduce epic gear tailored for offspecs here. Pally prot, Shaman Enh, Demonology Warlock, you name it. Its gonna be good even if its just T1 ilvl
I'd be happy for some Prot Pally gear. Atm i have to suffice with mixed gear of tank-plate and some Spellpower stuff.

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:08 pm

Would love to see some changes in pvp as described in topic here viewtopic.php?p=37053#p37053

+

More talents to choose from (without increasing level cap of course) so we could have fun with builds

+

Aaand glyph of the stars looking way more astral and better....

all of course in Turtle wow borders of sanity. We got a people bump again but without fun talent choices and fun pvp, we are just a classic wow with some extra steps. I think it would be way better to have a classical wow setting, developed as blizzard should, but they didn't. This doesn't mean we can't experiment with better pvp and talents.

Xerilin
Has liked: 14 times

Post by Xerilin » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:23 am

Akalix wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:41 am
Ipsychd wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:51 am
Xratedblonde wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:32 pm
The only ETA we are currently offering is "When it's ready" -- we don't want to commit to a specific timeframe until we are very near completion. But, I will say that I see progress made each day, and we've got a lot of passionate folks putting in the work.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."
satisfied_turtle turtle_in_love
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Myclassisbroke

Post by Myclassisbroke » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:34 am

I hope you guys are buffing Paladins... Please... I Hate not being able to one shot Naxx geared warriors, can only get them pesky buggers to 5% in a global.

Jombo

Post by Jombo » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:49 pm

So can we get some official info on what level zone Gilneas will be? Someone said mid-40s, but I have no idea where that info comes from

Enceebe

Post by Enceebe » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 pm

Kaktus96 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:24 am
Bayanni wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am
Hype for Gilneas, but I agree with Plainbear. Tauren still have the lowest total class count and could use at least 1-2 more options. If Paladin isn't possible, then Priest would be my recommendation.

Also, are there more class tweaks/changes coming under that gameplay section?
I just can't really think of a class that would fit Tauren other than the 4 they can already be.
Paladin? No. Alliance exclusive. Unless alliance gets shamans.
Rogues? Not really. Unless the Grimtotem show them some kind of hidden stealth ability idk.
Why not rogues? All they need are some new horseshoes that make no sound. Surely the genius goblin engineurs of the horde can come up with a solution for that. "Have you ever seen a Tauren stalk a Python? Of course you haven't...thats because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings"

But ya on a serious note Druid is something like a special/hero class exclusive for nightelves and tauren. I really wish all races had an exclusive class. Like Tinker for goblin/gnomes anyways. Feral and Moonkin are the stealth and caster specc for tauren.

It would be better to give them sets designed for one specc and not the jack of all trades but master of non sets they mostly have from pvp and pve endgame content. For example make a stormshroud Armor-Set/Wolfshead Helm(both grant already energy) questline similar to t0.5, but only for feral cat/bear druids. Or new leather working recipes that update these two and other sets with druid speccs in mind.

Pauloricardo

Post by Pauloricardo » Tue Mar 21, 2023 9:06 pm

Enceebe wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:34 pm
Kaktus96 wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:24 am
Bayanni wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:19 am
Hype for Gilneas, but I agree with Plainbear. Tauren still have the lowest total class count and could use at least 1-2 more options. If Paladin isn't possible, then Priest would be my recommendation.

Also, are there more class tweaks/changes coming under that gameplay section?
I just can't really think of a class that would fit Tauren other than the 4 they can already be.
Paladin? No. Alliance exclusive. Unless alliance gets shamans.
Rogues? Not really. Unless the Grimtotem show them some kind of hidden stealth ability idk.
Why not rogues? All they need are some new horseshoes that make no sound. Surely the genius goblin engineurs of the horde can come up with a solution for that. "Have you ever seen a Tauren stalk a Python? Of course you haven't...thats because Tauren are so adept at blending in with their surroundings"

But ya on a serious note Druid is something like a special/hero class exclusive for nightelves and tauren. I really wish all races had an exclusive class. Like Tinker for goblin/gnomes anyways. Feral and Moonkin are the stealth and caster specc for tauren.

It would be better to give them sets designed for one specc and not the jack of all trades but master of non sets they mostly have from pvp and pve endgame content. For example make a stormshroud Armor-Set/Wolfshead Helm(both grant already energy) questline similar to t0.5, but only for feral cat/bear druids. Or new leather working recipes that update these two and other sets with druid speccs in mind.
I understand if you disagree with me, but I can't see any other class option for Taurens than Priest.

Seigar

Post by Seigar » Fri Mar 24, 2023 11:32 am

Q: Which races are in consideration to be maybe added later down the line?

Pothi

Post by Pothi » Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:25 pm

Myclassisbroke wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:34 am
I hope you guys are buffing Paladins... Please... I Hate not being able to one shot Naxx geared warriors, can only get them pesky buggers to 5% in a global.
Someone is salty as he is no longer the king of a braindead dps class :P

Daithos

Post by Daithos » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:39 am

Are race changes being allowed to accommodate the new combinations?

Sinrek
Has liked: 12 times

Post by Sinrek » Mon Apr 03, 2023 8:48 am

Nope.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:27 am

any approx realease dates?
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock