Not able to chat

Mmildge

Not able to chat

Post by Mmildge » Tue Aug 09, 2022 4:49 am

Hello I just downloaded the game today and when I tried to talk to my party member I got a message saying that I cannot chat yet. I was just wondering at what point I would be able to use the chat feature. TY in advance for the help.

Fin

Re: Not able to chat

Post by Fin » Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:38 am

Hello

You need to be at least lv 5 to use chat.
The terms of a deal you accepted are not a suggestion. Respect them: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2097

Cutie

Post by Cutie » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:43 pm

im lvl8 and it wont let me talk in chat?

Izzamana

Post by Izzamana » Sun Apr 02, 2023 5:50 pm

Hello there, I am not sure what is going on either. I was able to chat yesterday when I reached lvl 5 but today I am now level 7 and it says I am unable to talk. Not sure why unless they raised the talking level to 10 or something... though that would be lame if they did. It is probably bugged.

Werefox

Post by Werefox » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:14 pm

Yes, they did raise level to 10. Without any warning. On Sunday, when many RP events involving low level characters were planned.

Izzamana

Post by Izzamana » Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:21 pm

Do we know WHY the lvl was raised to ten?? it seems a bit much to wait to talk or group talk especially us hardcore players need to ask many questions.

Perhaps people are trolling to much but that just punishes the other players. Not sure why they jumped 5 more levels instead of a level or two more. Getting to ten sometimes takes a couple days and why would they make it hard for new players to ask questions?? If need be raise it to 7, however no talking till level 10 is pretty harsh and unnecessary.

Gentlebenrawr

Post by Gentlebenrawr » Sun Apr 02, 2023 7:09 pm

Pretty sure it is to make it harder for gold sellers. But they probably bot too, so it's probably not much of a hindrance.

Runninggargle

Post by Runninggargle » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:17 pm

I just hit level 12 and I still can't chat anywhere or use see my message in guild chat, but I can /say. I tried disabling all addons / logging on and off / deleting content in WDB and nothing has worked so far. Not sure whats going on or what the issue is. I can even see occasional level 5's chat in guild chat for some reason but I can't at level 12?

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:56 pm

It was raised to 10, however there are reports on an addon-related issue causing players above 10 to be unable to type. We are investigating it.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Runninggargle

Post by Runninggargle » Wed Apr 05, 2023 12:39 am

Akalix wrote:
Tue Apr 04, 2023 10:56 pm
It was raised to 10, however there are reports on an addon-related issue causing players above 10 to be unable to type. We are investigating it.
Appreciate y'all looking into this!

Runninggargle

Post by Runninggargle » Wed Apr 05, 2023 5:21 am

Did some more investigating. Culprit seems to be Turtle RP addon when I have it enabled. Removed the addon completely from addons folder and now guild chat is working fine.

Geniusallexx

Post by Geniusallexx » Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:53 am

to ban these gold sellers