List of class changes that Turtle wow coded into the game but never implemented

Balake

List of class changes that Turtle wow coded into the game but never implemented

Post by Balake » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:37 pm

With 1.16.6 coming soon and no class changes yet on the horizon ( https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... /image.png )
I thought it would be fun to scour the database for cool things and found a huge amount of custom spells added around the time of the last class changes patch but that weren't shipped along with it, so I thought to share it with everyone to reminisce about what we could have had crying_turtle

Note: The database frequently has mistakes with numbers, showing percentages as (1%) and times in milliseconds.

Going class by class

Druid
Nature's Call a permanent faerie dragon pet!
Cyclone
Storm Crow Form
Primal Precision
Mana Flare
Barkskin FERAL

Hunter
Go for the Throat
Aspect of the Snake
Aspect of the Fox
Aspect of the Turtle

Warlock
Carrion Swarm
Demonic Empowerment
Summon Incubus
Curse of Erennius
Demonic Servitude
Atrocity

Mage
Spellsteal
Water Elemental
Frostfire Bolt

Priest
Champion's Grace
Improved Divine Spirit
Shadow Nova

Shaman
Healing Rain
Mana Tide
Fire Nova
Earthgrab
Harsh Wind
Earthquake
Big Bad Voodoo
Ethereal Form
Lava Lash

Paladin
Seal of the Martyr
The art of war
Shield Charge

Rogue
Shadow Strikes
Shiv
Flashbang

Warrior
Shield Mastery
Gladiator Stance
Pulverize
Bladestorm
Shield Guard
Death Scream
Commanding Shout
Devastate
Dagger Mastery

Ravenstone

Re: List of class changes that Turtle wow coded into the game but never implemented

Post by Ravenstone » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:46 pm

Awesome stuff, good finds!

Gantulga

Re: List of class changes that Turtle wow coded into the game but never implemented

Post by Gantulga » Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:52 pm

Some of those are ridiculous so it's no wonder they were scrapped. Still cool to see what devs have done though.

Balake

Post by Balake » Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:10 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 3:52 pm
Some of those are ridiculous so it's no wonder they were scrapped. Still cool to see what devs have done though.
For sure some are too OP to be added, but a lot of them would be fun additions to help shake things up a bit.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 29, 2023 9:08 am

Great find. Hopefully we'll get to see these implemented some time in the future (some of them in an adjusted, balanced state where they're not quite so overpowered).

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:11 am

Mage and druid...needs...more...arcane...speeells *dies*

Maesus

Post by Maesus » Wed Mar 29, 2023 10:51 am

The custom Hunter aspects look great, Aspect of the Snake would be a wonderful addition, shame they scrapped it :(

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed Mar 29, 2023 12:23 pm

I get a bit worried when i read trough these talents.
Many are just backports of Wotlk stuff. While wotlk might be a good game too, i signed up for classic / classic + and that for me is a different version than lvl 60 Wotlk.

But since these are just extracts from the DB and not official announcements, i won't read too much into it just yet.

But great job Balake for digging these up

Curse of Erennius https://database.turtle-wow.org/?spell=56505
Sounds like its not a Warlock curse but rather belonging to a potential boss in the emeral dream raid Erennius https://database.turtle-wow.org/?npc=60747

Wrathweaver

Post by Wrathweaver » Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:19 pm

They said there will be some changes this patch.
I really hope they mean that they will go back to vanilla jotc and do the proc thing seperatly.
Paladin is really the only class that is weird and against the whole classic concept on this server.
Great Sun and Glorious Leader of the Bring Back Judgement of the Crusader movement.

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Wed Mar 29, 2023 4:33 pm

Wrathweaver wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2023 3:19 pm
They said there will be some changes this patch.
I really hope they mean that they will go back to vanilla jotc and do the proc thing seperatly.
Paladin is really the only class that is weird and against the whole classic concept on this server.
Devs should made new seal for procs. And leave SoC as it used to be.

Khancvetan

Post by Khancvetan » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:57 pm

I bealive that Ench shammy should get duel wield at certain point, and/or maybe option to put multiple totems at once... just sain. otherwise everthing looks great

Anadrol

Post by Anadrol » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:21 pm

Shadow Nova for Spriest, wow, i hope that.

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:30 pm

Wow some of them are amazing
Tauren Shaman,Ork Shaman,Ork Hunter,Troll Priest,Ork Warrior

Charanko

Post by Charanko » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:31 pm

Khancvetan wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:57 pm
I bealive that Ench shammy should get duel wield at certain point, and/or maybe option to put multiple totems at once... just sain. otherwise everthing looks great
I think multiple totems is comming this patch …you will be able to put down all 4 elements at the same time i believe
Tauren Shaman,Ork Shaman,Ork Hunter,Troll Priest,Ork Warrior