Hunter trapped in own trap!

Musse

Hunter trapped in own trap!

Post by Musse » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:44 pm

I was in Gnomegeran where the Iron Dwarfs are, and laid a Freezing Trap and did not move (ie. trap was right at my spot). I started hitting a group in front of me, and sure enough one run into the trap, which sprung. But I was also trapped in it! All the correct messages told me I could not do this and that because was frozen!

As far as I know there is no mob there that does anything such, and I have neither ever been frozen there in Gnomegeran. This was also first time ever I was trapped in my own trap. Anywhere. Was this a very rare bug, or am I missing something here ...?

P.S. I was trapped for the same duration of time the trapped Iron Dwarf was, so preeeetttttyyy sure I was in my own trap and nothing else.

Sinrek
Has liked: 5 times

Re: Hunter trapped in own trap!

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Was there Arcane Nullifier bot nearby when that happened?
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Musse

Post by Musse » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:35 pm

Yes ... what does it do?

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:47 pm

This mob can revert (Nullifier for a reason) all magic directed at him. So when you lay your trap near this mob, it triggers it and then nullifies it so you catch your own magic back. Working as intended.

Musse

Post by Musse » Sat Aug 24, 2019 2:53 pm

The nullifier was not very near: there was one nullifier and 4 dwarfs (maybe one mechanical thingy too). I laid trap by me, sent pet on Nullifier (it was at approx 30 meters and stay there hitting pet), I fired at one dwarf, dwarf can at me, sprung trap, and both me and dwarf was trapped.

Btw, isn't the trap ment to trap ONE mob - or in this case player then?

Ok, as intended ... approx ... then ... but very rude of the Nullifier then. Maybe a TV-series is needed "Mobs Behaving Badly".

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:20 pm

I'd persuade you to test it again with this info in mind and perhaps get some addon for more information on what and who casts in combat. Eavesdrop comes to mind first.