Crossfaction whispers and warmode....

Element19090

Crossfaction whispers and warmode....

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:42 am

With this player boom it's becoming extremely toxic. I said it before and I'll say it again, xfaction communication should be limited to party chat and guild chat. Whispers should require you to either be on the person's friends list or in the same guild.

It's extremely tiresome when i am constantly being cursed at, trolled, and whined at in whispers and /s

And for the love of god can we please at the very least get faction specific chats as an option for those not wanting to be in world?

This is only going to get worse as the population grows.
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Xerilin
Has liked: 8 times

Re: Crossfaction whispers and warmode....

Post by Xerilin » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 am

I agree on the faction chats. But just get rid of Warmode. Open World PVP just doesn't fit on a cross-faction RP-PVE server. RP-PVP-Events or flagging yourself for fun would still be possible without it.
Komm zur Geheimen Zuflucht (RP-Gilde)! Wir haben Zimtschnecken!

Alienne Xerilin Rubinai Irrwisch Mekhalani Flinks Kinrela Cavy

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:05 am

Xerilin wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:52 am
I agree on the faction chats. But just get rid of Warmode. Open World PVP just doesn't fit on a cross-faction RP-PVE server. RP-PVP-Events or flagging yourself for fun would still be possible without it.
I think Xfaction from the beginning was a stupid idea that goes against core gameplay mechanics but it's here so whatever. I think a lot of people enjoy having a PvP option including myself however it creates a lot of toxicity when you can immediately harass the person you just ganked or were ganked by.

I'd also add that Faction community and teamwork is an essential part of Vanilla.

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Heine

Post by Heine » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:27 am

Make pvp crossfaction, wpvp as well and it will be realy cool

Joshua111

Post by Joshua111 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:49 am

Hello to all my fellow gamers. I am for warmode removing too. Just remove it and make this realm PvP as most of realms are. It will be a blast and new ppl will come as well! :)

Joshua111

Post by Joshua111 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:51 am

Element19090 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:42 am
With this player boom it's becoming extremely toxic. I said it before and I'll say it again, xfaction communication should be limited to party chat and guild chat. Whispers should require you to either be on the person's friends list or in the same guild.

It's extremely tiresome when i am constantly being cursed at, trolled, and whined at in whispers and /s

And for the love of god can we please at the very least get faction specific chats as an option for those not wanting to be in world?

If someone cursing at you just report them maybe?? ... Or ignore list is your buddy too! It is very easy, my friend. I am communicating with horde players on daily basis while leveling, we helping each other and having fun together. I have not found any problems yet. ;-)

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:00 am

Joshua111 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:49 am
Hello to all my fellow gamers. I am for warmode removing too. Just remove it and make this realm PvP as most of realms are. It will be a blast and new ppl will come as well! :)
How about no? There is two things that make communities on Vanilla servers behave badly. One is large size, the other is pvp. Can't do anything about being awesome and attracting lots of players, but most definately about not turning into a pvp server.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:27 am

Xerilin wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:00 am
Joshua111 wrote:
How about no? There is two things that make communities on Vanilla servers behave badly. One is large size, the other is pvp. Can't do anything about being awesome and attracting lots of players, but most definately about not turning into a pvp server.
I garee and I think the current warmode is a great way to give people choice i just think the xfaction communcation causes toxicity where there otherwise wouldn't be and greatly worsens PvP.

Andima

Post by Andima » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:39 am

why dont you just /ignore rude people?

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:53 am

Andima wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:39 am
why don't they just implant the chat functions which were intended to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the first place?

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:12 am

Element19090 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:53 am
why don't they just implant the chat functions which were intended to prevent this sort of thing from happening in the first place?
And divide an entire community in half/ruin friendships that have built up since 2018/cripple the roleplay community which heavily relies on cross faction communication?
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:18 am

Element19090 wrote:

They'll just hop onto an alt of the same faction as you and send you rude whispers.

Just ignore them if it bothers you.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:26 pm

It's more toxic in BG's aswel oddly enough it's mostly paladins complaining about every other class when they can one shot plate users with the berserker debuff.

Id like to see it restricted to guild and friend list.

Sph1nx

Post by Sph1nx » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:40 pm

just ignore if the toxicity is over the top, i love have banters with fellow pvpers

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:57 pm

Many people I know came because of crossfaction. Most Guilds are crossfaction, most RPs are crossfaction, so why limit a feature that is obviously popular ? I would argue that in BG, it should and must be limited tho as we are obviously letting an open door to non-fair-play usage of the chat.

What we should ask is imo better report tools (and antispam mecs). It is a pain that you have to screen abuses, that you have to report to GM people that are obviously bad.

On the other side, I think that the warmod is a great thing, people should be just warned before clicking on it of the risks that they will take. Warning good pve folks that they will enter in the cursed realm of evilness and gang, and that they should NOT take it if they are not ready for.
Warmod is great BECAUSE it is optional.
A non negligible part of the PVP bois will always be toxic tho, sadly you can't do anything for them.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:27 pm

Bellybutton wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 11:12 am
Element19090 wrote:
And divide an entire community in half/ruin friendships that have built up since 2018/cripple the roleplay community which heavily relies on cross faction communication?
How would it be dividing the community? If you are able to talk in party chat , guild chat, and whisper people you have added to your friends list then where exactly does community get broken? This is such a stupid argument

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:31 pm

Illyane wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:57 pm
Many people I know came because of crossfaction. Most Guilds are crossfaction, most RPs are crossfaction, so why limit a feature that is obviously popular ? I would argue that in BG, it should and must be limited tho as we are obviously letting an open door to non-fair-play usage of the chat.

What we should ask is imo better report tools (and antispam mecs). It is a pain that you have to screen abuses, that you have to report to GM people that are obviously bad.

On the other side, I think that the warmod is a great thing, people should be just warned before clicking on it of the risks that they will take. Warning good pve folks that they will enter in the cursed realm of evilness and gang, and that they should NOT take it if they are not ready for.
A non negligible part of the PVP bois will always be toxic tho, sadly you can't do anything for them.
I think warmode is great and there are plenty of people who opt in to where you can have plenty of fun PvPing while leveling while giving PvE players the option to opt out of WPvP.

I just think Xfaction communication should be removed from /say specifically and that whispers should require you you be in the same guild, or partied with the person, or on your friends list.

I also think factions should have access to chats that are faction specific.

I don't see any arguments on how this would break up communities already formed or limit cross faction friends and guilds.

Mcnair

Post by Mcnair » Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:35 pm

"I just think Xfaction communication should be removed from /say specifically and that whispers should require you you be in the same guild, or partied with the person, or on your friends list."

You really can't see how this is exactly breaking up the community? So if I run across a player questing from the other faction I have no way to ask them if they want to join a party? Communication _is_ the basis of the whole community, please do not try to take that away from people. How would you find new friends to play with?

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:17 pm

Mcnair wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:35 pm
"I just think Xfaction communication should be removed from /say specifically and that whispers should require you you be in the same guild, or partied with the person, or on your friends list."

You really can't see how this is exactly breaking up the community? So if I run across a player questing from the other faction I have no way to ask them if they want to join a party? Communication _is_ the basis of the whole community, please do not try to take that away from people. How would you find new friends to play with?
invite him to the party and then you can talk with him in /party. Or if he is flagged, kill him, remove the competition and avoid flamewars. Somebody earlier made a good point about BG's as well.

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm

Element19090 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:31 pm
Illyane wrote:

I think warmode is great and there are plenty of people who opt in to where you can have plenty of fun PvPing while leveling while giving PvE players the option to opt out of WPvP.

I just think Xfaction communication should be removed from /say specifically and that whispers should require you you be in the same guild, or partied with the person, or on your friends list.

I don't see any arguments on how this would break up communities already formed or limit cross faction friends and guilds.
And that's how I see you don't do RP often: it's crossfaction: /s, /e and /y are kings (as /g, /r and /p are most of the time OOC, and /w is used with caution). If you destroy that, there is basically no more RP on this server.
And most people met on questing with /s, I don't think your suggestion has any benefit for us.
Last edited by Illyane on Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:38 pm

Illyane wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm
Element19090 wrote:
Illyane wrote:

And that's how I see you don't do RP often: it's crossfaction: /s, /e and /y are kings. If you destroy that, there is basically no more RP on this server.
number 1. Roleplayers are a niche small minority and always will be. isn't roleplay organized within guilds anyway? I'm not even gonna get into why total communication between factions is lore breaking and retarded to begin with. You do you...Now that being said how is this broken with guild and party chat allowing cross faction speaking?

Joshua111

Post by Joshua111 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:50 pm

Xerilin wrote:
Joshua111 wrote:
I dont think so. Like I said - I have hardly encounter these events. You are looking for problems where they are not, my friend. Just play and enjoy this great adventure what Turtle staff is giving us! ;)

Joshua111

Post by Joshua111 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:51 pm

Element19090 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:27 am
Xerilin wrote:
Joshua111 wrote:
I garee and I think the current warmode is a great way to give people choice i just think the xfaction communcation causes toxicity where there otherwise wouldn't be and greatly worsens PvP.
I disagree. Its the same as I stated in my last post.

Xerilin

Post by Xerilin » Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:11 pm

Element19090 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:38 pm
Illyane wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:31 pm
Element19090 wrote:

And that's how I see you don't do RP often: it's crossfaction: /s, /e and /y are kings. If you destroy that, there is basically no more RP on this server.
number 1. Roleplayers are a niche small minority and always will be. isn't roleplay organized within guilds anyway? I'm not even gonna get into why total communication between factions is lore breaking and retarded to begin with. You do you...Now that being said how is this broken with guild and party chat allowing cross faction speaking?
Just as a side note: Can't say I agree on the communication part. Forsaken just forgetting Common as a language is way more lore breaking.

Also, rp is pretty big on Turtle. Obviously, more people don't rp than do, but it is a large niche here.

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:33 pm

There are hundreds of rp players. And as for lorebreaking, somebody just didn't pay attention about how warcraft heroes were communicating. You had 3 games and dozens of novels to understand that tho. Or just watching cinematic. You are just showing how little you know about the lore, his logic and RP in general. Just look into it, what you are saying is wrong and easy to answer.

Just one last thing mister, turtle wow is RP-PVE server, if you can believe it. If your only answer to opposite opinion is basically "shut up", then why bother having a conversation?

Andima

Post by Andima » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:06 pm

Element19090 wrote:
Andima wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:39 am
cuase /ignore is easy, cheap, already implemented, will solve your problem and yet wont cause problem to others ._.

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:39 pm

Element19090 wrote:
not even gonna get into why total communication between factions is lore breaking
How is it lore breaking? Common is a near-universal language in the Warcraft setting, lorewise it's not even a human language, and both tauren and night elves have been canonically shown to speak common 10,000 years ago.
Currently nearly all playable orcs have been imprisoned by The Alliance for a generation, and their closest allies (Tauren and trolls) have been shown time and time again throughout lore to know common.' Why -shouldn't- Orcs know common, be it learned during imprisonment or during the events between Warcraft 3 and WoW when they're establishing a society on Kalimdor? Common's understood and spoken by most of the lesser/monstrous races of Azeroth too.

The factional language barrier in Classic/Retail literally only exists on a gameplay standpoint and has zero bearing on lore, especially when time and time again in cutscenes and scripts, NPCs and lore characters can speak and talk to eachother across factions.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:49 am

Element19090 wrote:
This is a RP-PVE server, not a PVP server.

Just ignore the mean words. Sticks and stones.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:44 am

Illyane wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 6:33 pm
There are hundreds of rp players. And as for lorebreaking, somebody just didn't pay attention about how warcraft heroes were communicating. You had 3 games and dozens of novels to understand that tho. Or just watching cinematic. You are just showing how little you know about the lore, his logic and RP in general. Just look into it, what you are saying is wrong and easy to answer.

Just one last thing mister, turtle wow is RP-PVE server, if you can believe it. If your only answer to opposite opinion is basically "shut up", then why bother having a conversation?
Key characters in cinematics and certain educated peoples do not equal the masses. Not every Orc for example would care to learn common. Where in the lore does it say that every single Tauren or Orc ect learn common? Is it not far more realistic to assume that large portions of people speak their own language and the official faction language?

It's silly to assume that the average Horde adventurer takes the time to fluently learn common...

I have never told anyone to shut up. I have not been rude to anyone, I am having a conversation and expressing an opinion. You're the one who is buttmad and lashing out.

As for RP. RPer's are and will always be the minority, and as the server grows focus will whether RP'ers like it or not be around PvE and possibly PvP content because that is what actually maintains player count.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:57 am

My TurtleRP shows 2622 character listings. Seems like the server has a lot of roleplayers.

Illyane

Post by Illyane » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:18 am

In RP and outside RP, people choose to interact with the other faction or not. My point was that it IS possible lorewise and not as retarded as you make it sound. The rest is up to personnal choice and vision. I am just answering your argument. It is the same case as the useless debate about collusion. That's all. You will always have people wanting to stop or limit everything, I personnaly think it is better to have the freedom to choose. This crossfaction feature is a twow feature, limiting it is not the best choice in my opinion.

And for the "shut up", it is basically because your phrasing sounds like: "you are a minority, the majority don't have to care", that is not an argument imo. Many people have chosen to quit wow because Blizzard has a similar way of "dealing" with players. But yeah, I am lashing ;)

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:34 am

Element19090 wrote:
Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:44 am
Not every Orc for example would care to learn common. Where in the lore does it say that every single Tauren or Orc ect learn common? Is it not far more realistic to assume that large portions of people speak their own language and the official faction language?

It's silly to assume that the average Horde adventurer takes the time to fluently learn common...
Lore-wise, Common is the universal language of Azeroth, not the Alliance's language. Common is only the Alliance's language as a game mechanic in Classic/Retail.
Tauren have been shown to have been speaking common for 10,000 years, communicating with the Night Elves.
Orcs are the only Horde race that recently would have to learn Common since they don't come from Azeroth, but have had 25 years since the First War to learn Common (also keep in mind that if your orc is younger than 25 years old, they were 99% likely raised in a Human prison camp, where they could have picked up Common).

Also, let's say that you're right and the majority of orcs/tauren/whatever don't know Common. Why -can't- I roleplay that mine does? Or let's say that you don't want to roleplay that your Orc knows Common, then simply roleplay that he doesn't (You, the player can read cross-faction, but you simply have to roleplay that he can't).

I just find it silly that you're so adamant that the Horde shouldn't know Common but seem completely fine that random Gnolls, Centaur, Ogres, Harpies, Kobolds, Naga, Furbolgs, Murlocs, Troggs, etc can speak Common fine
Zamba the Unruly

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:01 pm

What doesn't make a whole lot of sense lore-wise is every Horde race starting with Orcish as a known language, especially the Forsaken.

Sweets

Post by Sweets » Thu Mar 16, 2023 7:56 am

Ditch warmode. It doesn't fit the server and outside of the xp gain it seems no on really wants it. My experience 1-60 priest and 1-40 priest has been nothing but ganked when I can't do anything. Then by the time I run back they have either deflagged or the more likely situation where they are 20+ levels higher than you. No one comes to help because this server doesn't care about world pvp.

The BGs are another nightmare. Afkers everywhere. The top is somehow more rigged than classic was. They pop all the time with not enough players to keep it open, never mind make it feel like a real BG. A much simpler system seems more fitting for a vanilla+ type server that really doesn't have the numbers to support the old archaic system.

Clarithium

Post by Clarithium » Mon Mar 20, 2023 2:34 am

Element19090 wrote:

if you gank people trying to quest of course they're going to be mad at you. Stop ganking people. Or just turn whispers off in your chat window while you gank people