New casual player

Rjk

New casual player

Post by Rjk » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:35 pm

Hello all,

How is this server for casual players? I did do a forum search to see if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't see anything that answered my question, sorry if this is a duplicate.

I usually have on average 2-4 hours every evening to play, which depends on factors such as the time the kids are finally in bed, any TV shows my wife wants to watch etc...

How far can you see someone with my time limit get on this server?, my preference in the past (many, many years ago) was usually dungeons and raiding, but I did also like to dabble in PVP now and then. I just don't want to get to 60 and then realise I can't do most of the end-game content due to my time limitations.

Cheers

Rukopashka

Re: New casual player

Post by Rukopashka » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:43 pm

why do you need warcraft?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:56 pm

You could probably do everything comfortably and a steady pace other than raiding. That should not be a deal-breaker, though, as you can get plenty of enjoyment out of this server without ever raiding. There's plenty of content even before 60.

Hope you decide to stick around and give it a shot.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:14 pm

I play 2 evenings a week, about 4 hours each.
I enjoy the hell out of it
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Mackanvietnam

Post by Mackanvietnam » Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:04 pm

Hey, following up on this subject since i am in the same sittuation.
How is it to not play hardcore on turtle wow, is the community still big ?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Mar 08, 2023 1:14 am

Mackanvietnam wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 9:04 pm
Hey, following up on this subject since i am in the same sittuation.
How is it to not play hardcore on turtle wow, is the community still big ?
4200 people on at once just a day or two ago.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:57 pm

Hello!

Turtle wow is far more the best server that has ever been created.

Devs here have better ideas than cheap blizzard peasants.

Im also married, dont have much time.
Iplayed in lot of private servers earlier, mostly PVP.
i never tried an RP server.

And now im sure 100% i never gonna change server.
Turtle wow is my thing!!

PEACE!! maintenance_turtle
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Allwynd01
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Allwynd01 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:53 pm

You can reach 60 in a few months. There are also tents in settlements like Goldshire and Crossroads where you can get max rested XP really fast and level up twice as fast. Everybody's doing it.

Element19090

Post by Element19090 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:26 pm

Rjk wrote:
Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:35 pm
Hello all,

How is this server for casual players? I did do a forum search to see if this question has been asked before, but I couldn't see anything that answered my question, sorry if this is a duplicate.

I usually have on average 2-4 hours every evening to play, which depends on factors such as the time the kids are finally in bed, any TV shows my wife wants to watch etc...

How far can you see someone with my time limit get on this server?, my preference in the past (many, many years ago) was usually dungeons and raiding, but I did also like to dabble in PVP now and then. I just don't want to get to 60 and then realize I can't do most of the end-game content due to my time limitations.

Cheers

I'm in a similar situation myself though i do have a bit more time then you do.

That being said I would say as far as casual playing this server is the best you can hope for. It's a primarily PvE and RP focused game with heavy emphasis on leveling, questing, roleplaying, and just sorta hanging out. Raiding is pretty much a no go for you but if you find a solid core group of people you MIGHT be able to actually do some 5 man's.

Honestly at level 60 you'll probably be quite limited in terms of content because BG pops are slow because there just isn't a lot of PvP that happens and raiding with the forming of groups, all the attunement quests, and just the time it takes to get through the raid you are pretty much locked out of that.

I would say if you wanna hang out, enjoy leveling, and do some of the quicker and easier dungeons this is the perfect server. There is so much more world content, questing zones, and things to explore that have been added to the game.

I hope you can find a niche here that you enjoy.
Alyn - Level 60 High Elf Mage

Amalar - level 41 - Night elf Rogue

Uada - Level 28 - Human Warlock

No I never played on Elysium, stop asking me. The name was from the name randomizer.

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 am

Honestly at level 60 you'll probably be quite limited in terms of content because BG pops are slow because there just isn't a lot of PvP that happens and raiding with the forming of groups, all the attunement quests, and just the time it takes to get through the raid you are pretty much locked out of that.

[/quote]

Thats not true man...

last nite in prime time was almost 4k players online.

They were 2 WSG BG and 1 AB all the time ppl were spamming it. And surprisingly AV Q also pops.

So about BGs is a lot of competition regarding all new players they comin up.....

PEACE! maintenance_turtle
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock