Bounty Board?

Aurrius

Bounty Board?

Post by Aurrius » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:58 pm

i have an idea for a bounty board
doesnt give any xp for quest hand in but it does give coin/rep and (possibly) repeatable?
like go kill x of whatever mob or one specific mob in zone
could also have more wide variety in major cities for further off lands
and can be "go investigate x area" as part of an exploring quest?
for instance have a bounty board in goldshire that asks for 10 defias bandits/rogue wizards and it gives like 10s and 100 rep to stormwind
and go to stormwinds bounty board and it asks you to go in a dungeon to slay x mobs so it also encourages people to do dungeons more because ive seen a lot of problems with people not interested in doing dungeons lately...
or it asks for you to go to an area that isnt always traversed like "we have heard reports of a hidden cave at the southernmost part of kalimdor. go investigate."
having the bounty as a physical note like a letter in your bags might also be helpful in case you have your quest log full and you can have on that page all your bounties that you have jotted down. also having bounties shareable would increase player interaction

Sinrek

Re: Bounty Board?

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:23 am

Sounds like a great idea for zone/reputation grind repeatable (daily?) quests! Better get to making a full list of them zones and quests!! We'll have'em worked out and there's a high chances they go live!
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Mikeloss

Post by Mikeloss » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:03 am

This sounds interesting. Although I was lead by the Title with a different thing in mind. I though that we could have this Bounty Board and together with the OP's idea there could be also a Wanted Quest for Criminal players (Who have many Dishonarable kills). That way we could spice things up in the Realm with player criminality and divisions inside the Factions (Police/Criminal game like thingy).

Big Love! smiling_turtle_head
Maelm the Forest Ranger
"What I have learned from the elves in my youth is what I do for a living. If no one protects us then who will..."

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:45 pm

Doubt mighty all those Dishonored folks will keep their /pvp on at any time.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Aurrius

Post by Aurrius » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:39 pm

what do you mean by lists? like type out a list of potential quests in zones or type the actual in game quests in detail? ...im not sure how WoW quests are implemented. although i was thinking for those with the scarlet crusade ring there could be a seperate bounty board for them as well, targetting groups of undead or argent dawn members?

Punchbuggy

Post by Punchbuggy » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:50 pm

Is this the kind of thing you want? SWG Bounty

Or something more like the thing already in the game, the wanted posters by banks and such?

Or something bigger, like in retail?

Did you want to use it to move all the "Wanted" quests to a centralized area, or make all new Wanted quests plus bounties on Players? I'm just unsure if what i think I understand you wanting as something that is not already in the game from almost every quest giver.
Sure, Punchbuggy go kill 30 rabbits and return to me for me to send you to the same area to now skin those same rabbits.
Sometimes I amuse only myself

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:07 am

Those wanted quests could for example be part of the sand of times stuff. The royals of stormwind have been warned by their spies in Tanaris that something is going on in the caverns of time. The gate that has long been closed and sealed the caverns has been opened. Those spies who were lucky enough to make it back to Stormwind had interesting and yet frightening information about creatures. The nobles now want us to kill them and are willing to pay us for that. That would be one way the caverns of time could be introduced and linked to quests.

OR you could find a quest there for the custom world bosses/rares.

Aurrius

Post by Aurrius » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:24 am

yeah i was thinking like the first image Punchbuggy posted but with a blue ! and the quests change, etc. also chlothar i like that idea! could do that to also guide classes/races specifically to sands of time objectives too like for tauren to learn plainsrunning or mages khadgar's unlocking perhaps?

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:24 pm

A wanted board for players only requires other players to participate. Create a thread here on forums, state name and reward, done.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Aurrius

Post by Aurrius » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:49 am

i wouldnt say that. thats asking to be ganked, hence why i only suggested bounty quests for npcs or go somewhere or collect x amount of items lol

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:24 pm

I support the idea of some form of daily kill / gather mats / gather white gear quest board. Makes it a bit more immersive if you bring 10 swinesnouts or goreliver or copper ore, kill 10 gnolls or bring 10 short swords to Westfall for supporting the hard pressed people there. And this in most areas.

Would partizipate in writing the list.