Small things I would pay for (Donation Shop)

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Small things I would pay for (Donation Shop)

Post by Kefke » Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:20 am

So, I've had some ideas of cosmetics that I would be interested to see in the Turtle shop. Some I know I would pay for, and some I think others would. I didn't think any of them warranted their own thread, so I'm presenting them in list form.
  1. "Glyph of Giants" - You know how some potions can make your character larger? Why not an option to be larger all the time? Sometimes, you just want to be tall.
  2. "Glyph of the Starry Void" - Shadowform is pretty neat. It adds a unique visual effect to the character. I can't help but think that it would be a little cooler if you were even darker and filled with stars, though. Maybe make the glow more of a pale color as well?
  3. Runes - (In fairness, this one probably could warrant its own topic.) There are a lot of cool magic effects that can appear on enchanted weapons, but why should I have to choose a specific enchant to get the look I want? It would be really nice if you could acquire a visual effect to apply to a weapon separate of enchants. Maybe throw in some visual effects that aren't tied to enchantments, or are from later versions of the game? Let people put dark fire, white light, dripping red energy, or what have you on whatever weapon they want, independent of enchants.
  4. Undead Alternatives - There are certain skins for other races that I feel like would work well as replacements for the standard undead. In particular, the Necromancer, Stratholme, and Dark Ranger skins. Yes, it would replace the character model, but I feel like these sorts of skins could still be usable for playing a more "preserved" undead.
  5. Reagent Bag - This is something that exists in retail, but I believe it's actually one of the better ideas they had. An extra large bag that can hold materials used by any crafting profession. Some professions are particularly material-heavy, and it's worse if you do multiple crafting professions, so I can see people gladly paying for the convenience, even at the expense of keeping anything else in that bag slot.

Daspien1

Re: Small things I would pay for (Donation Shop)

Post by Daspien1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:39 am

+1 undead skins big need
Dzamboko troll warlock

In the end death claims us all !

Daspien1

Post by Daspien1 » Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:45 am

And pls give Shaman Ghostwolf skins Like Raptor or spectral Wolf ... Like Druid hast a Tone of stuff...
Dzamboko troll warlock

In the end death claims us all !

Luuk

Post by Luuk » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:25 pm

These are all cool ideas. Personally i would also pay for fashion coins....

Drubarrymooer

Post by Drubarrymooer » Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:51 pm

Kefke wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2023 9:20 am
So, I've had some ideas of cosmetics that I would be interested to see in the Turtle shop. Some I know I would pay for, and some I think others would. I didn't think any of them warranted their own thread, so I'm presenting them in list form.
  1. "Glyph of Giants" - You know how some potions can make your character larger? Why not an option to be larger all the time? Sometimes, you just want to be tall.
So, I would LOVE this...not as a permanent glyph, but as a toy or something. One that makes you small too. A time limit would have to be on it too to prevent from children spamming in dungeons/raids/bg's, etc.

"Gnomish World Enlarger XL" - "Enlarge the world around you so much you become one with the specs of dust in Azeroth. Be wary though. Some who use this report auditory hallucinations" as a call back to Horton Hears a Who. Maybe even have it backfire once in awhile and teleport you to a special Gnome only instance that shall not be named. :-p

"Goblin World Shrinker" - Originally created by Goblin Engineers to help with creating larger explosives, this device made users so large that they sometimes blew themselves up instead. *User note* Sometimes it still does when atmospheric conditions are just right." Make it so whenever a wind storm kicks up, you die, and when it rains you shrink.

Noce

Post by Noce » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:10 pm

mbe get a glyph or w/e so that shamans get new animal for ghost wolf. mbe some serpent, tiger, hyena. it would be also nice to add new spell - aquatic form of spirit animal. make some default, like turtle or smtn. and add glyphs or w/e to get sharks or whatnot.

Liatris

Post by Liatris » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:58 am

I like these ideas a lot.
Although I think a glyph to change the size of your character should be limited to some aspect. I feel like people would become giants to block interaction NPCs. Other than that, weapon/character effects sound pretty cool. The horde could also really use the additional undead skins.
Sav - Level 35 Mage (Leveling) | RP Profile

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:47 am

Shadow form is visually broken atm, when you mount up it makes your character really transparent and you lose the dark shadow effect, only way to fix is drop and re enter Shadow Form.

This was also present in retail back in 1.12. And wasn't fixed until TBC.

Mac

Post by Mac » Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:07 am

These are really great suggestions.

Going by the popularity of Winterfall Firewater, I'd say Glyph of Giants would sell well. A lot of roleplayers and just players in general like to feel big. No judgement, just saying.

The runes idea is also really great. Maybe it could also be tied into the current transmog system as an additional way to change an item's appearance. Maybe you'd have to buy a rune to unlock the appearance, and then it'd cost you a fashion coin each time you wanted to apply it.

As for undead alternatives, a wretched skin would be really awesome and would seemingly work with the existing model. It also kind of fits the Horde ugly aesthetic more. Not opposed to letting forsaken change models to things like the Necromancer skin for Humans or the Dark Ranger skin for High Elves, though.

And as for reagent bags, those would be cool, but I'd also really like a bag that was really big but could only hold trinkets. Any time I choose to play an engineer, I always have like a billion trinkets that I want to carry with me so I can go go gadget everything, and they wind up taking over so much bag space.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:07 pm

Thanks for the post. Great additions!

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Feb 21, 2023 3:04 pm

Soulbound bags. They are 48 size and work like Reagan bags. You can only store soulbound items in it.

36 don't cut it anymore. I already got rid of my music stones.

Lightwave

Post by Lightwave » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:52 pm

Since Turtle added Foxes, could we get a shaman Glyph of the Ghost Fox that changes your Ghost Wolf model? (Yes, this is inspired by Retail's Glyph of the Spectral Vulpine)

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:05 pm

I like foxes.