Turalyon and Alleria

Rukopashka

Turalyon and Alleria

Post by Rukopashka » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:04 pm

What happened to Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon after they disappeared through the Dark Portal in the Second War?

In the game's lore, Alleria and Turalyon led the Alliance Expedition to Outland to fight against the Burning Legion, but they never returned to Azeroth. Their fate remained unknown for many years until they were finally mentioned again in the Legion expansion, where players discover that they have been missing for over a thousand years and are believed to be trapped on the shattered world of Argus.

However, the specifics of their time on Argus and how they managed to survive and evade the Legion's grasp remain a mystery. Additionally, it is unclear whether they will ever return to Azeroth and what role they might play in future storylines.

Meepingmeeps

Re: Alleria Windrunner and Turalyon

Post by Meepingmeeps » Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:30 pm

We don't know. We might see them whenever we go to Outland (if we do) or the devs might decide to just not include them, which would be a missed opportunity imo

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:24 am

Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't involve Turalyon being a Draenei Weaboo or Alleria becoming a budding Void Goddess for... whatever reason the retail Devs thought that was remotely a good idea for her.

As far as Turtle WoW goes, I wouldn't mind seeing Turalyon, Alleria, Khadgar, Kurdran, and Danath coming home. Maybe whenever the Blood Elves get back, they bring the remnants of the Alliance Expedition with them. Granted that's assuming the Turtle WoW Devs intend for the Blood Elves to be a friendly/allied faction, as opposed to raid fodder.

Although if they WERE to be friendly, I could see Alleria rocking the Blood Elf style pretty hard.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:46 am

Andromath wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 12:24 am
Whatever it is, I hope it doesn't involve Turalyon being a Draenei Weaboo or Alleria becoming a budding Void Goddess for... whatever reason the retail Devs thought that was remotely a good idea for her.
[sarcasm]Well, you see, it's very important to include popular characters in order to bring in old fans who haven't gotten on board, or who have left. It's also very important that every new character be an even bigger badass than the ones before them were, so that players know how cool they are, and no one feels slighted by their favourite character being "weak" when they're introduced. So, to really show how badass they are (and even more importantly show what a totally cool badass the player is, so that they feel good about their purch- themselves), we need to have the player fight them.[/sarcasm]

Galendor

Post by Galendor » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:44 am

It all depends on what fate befell the heroes of the Alliance Expedition on Draenor. They could die during the shattering of the Red World or be exterminated with rise of Magtheridon. Maybe they managed to survive, allied themselves with another tribe of draenei and are in constant guerilla war with demons. In this case it would be interesting to see how would they interact with Illidari.
I, for sure, would be glad to see survivors of the Expedition in Outland.

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:11 pm

To be fair, in terms of Vanilla lore, the last we heard of the expedition indicated that they escaped the destruction of Draenor by entering one of the many portals Ner'zhul had opened. I can't imagine Turtle WoW's devs have any interest in developing an entire other planet (certainly not while there is still so much of Azeroth left unexplored as well).

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:29 pm

Yeah, about the only ways we're likely to see the expedition force again is...
  1. The draenei get added, and they hitch a ride with them.
  2. They get back on their own through the power of [vigorous jazz hands].
  3. Surprise twist where they also got caught by the Legion, and a new demon general shows up with corrupted versions of them among his soldiers.
...note that I'm not saying any of these are good ideas.

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:52 pm

I'd argue the best way to see the Alliance Expedition return would be with the Blood Elves.

We know the Illidari have the means to travel between Outland and Azeroth, and assuming Kael'thas decides to drop Illidan like a hot potato as Illidan couldn't really provide a new source of magic for his people, the idea of the Blood Elves returning and having come across the remnants of the Alliance Expedition in the process aren't that far-fetched, depending on how long Kael'thas had them spend scouring Outland for any sources of magic.

Alternatively, maybe they could come back on their own? Khadgar isn't exactly a slouch when it comes to magic, and there are some unaccounted-for magical artifacts that would probably be a great help in bringing everyone home once found, such as the Eye of Dalaran.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Eye_of_Dalaran

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:25 pm

That last bit would be the "jazz hands" I mentioned.

Shroudedsoul

Post by Shroudedsoul » Mon Apr 10, 2023 8:31 am

Kefke wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:29 pm
Yeah, about the only ways we're likely to see the expedition force again is...
  1. The draenei get added, and they hitch a ride with them.
  2. They get back on their own through the power of [vigorous jazz hands].
  3. Surprise twist where they also got caught by the Legion, and a new demon general shows up with corrupted versions of them among his soldiers.
...note that I'm not saying any of these are good ideas.
Honestly I would prefer the Broken. The Draenei was such a random add in tbc when we had the Broken already established since wc3.

I'm hoping that if we do go to Outland that it'll be closer to the wc3 version and not the tbc version which pushed in the Draenei as a major force there to promote the new playable race.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Apr 10, 2023 4:54 pm

I think it would be cool if on outland their are npcs telling us that they escaped last second trough a portal. And now we the players are doing a chain to try reopen said Portal. This brings us inside a dungeon were we try rescue them on another world, only to find out they are dead or die while fighting to help us escape back.

I wouldn't want them back alive and healthy on azeroth. Their main story is completed, they deserve a nice grave thought

Bride

Re: Turalyon and Alleria

Post by Bride » Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:35 am

In the Legion expansion, players discovered that Alleria and Turalyon had been trapped on the shattered world of Argus, the Burning Legion's stronghold. They had been missing for over a thousand years, fighting against the Legion forces and surviving against all odds. The exact details of their experiences on Argus and how they managed to survive remained undisclosed at that time.

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:52 pm

Meepingmeeps wrote:
Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:30 pm
We don't know. We might see them whenever we go to Outland (if we do) or the devs might decide to just not include them, which would be a missed opportunity imo
Some years ago they planed Outland, the Ghostlands and Quel'thalas.
IDK why they retracted of including them, it will be in the patch 1.15.0 with the High Elves and Goblins.
If you check the page of Waybackmachine you will se the announcement in the main site.

Imonobor

Post by Imonobor » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:29 pm

Dracarusggotham wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:52 pm
Meepingmeeps wrote:
IDK why they retracted of including them, it will be in the patch 1.15.0 with the High Elves and Goblins.
If you check the page of Waybackmachine you will se the announcement in the main site.
Probably because adding whole new areas, not to mention a whole new planet, is a TON of work, and they probably didn't have the team for it back then.
Just think of all the locations, towns, camps, quests, storylines, npcs, objects like herbs/mines, monsters, dungeons with their own bosses, unique rare mobs and world bossea and whatever not that must go into creating a new zone so it won't look and feel empty. I'm all for the inclusion of these zones, but it will probably happen slowly, one-by-one.

About Turalyon and Alleria, I agree that the most lore-friendly way to introduce them would be with the blood elves. After all, no matter how "evil" they got under Kael's leadership, they wouldn't leave their legendary ranger-general to die if they found her.
Nydas - 60 High Elf Mage (Nordanaar)
Farren - 60 Tauren Shaman (Nordanaar)
Gothric - 15 Human Paladin (Nordanaar)
Markal - 58 Undead Priest (Tel'Abim)

Dracarusggotham

Post by Dracarusggotham » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:58 pm

Imonobor wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:29 pm
Dracarusggotham wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:52 pm
Meepingmeeps wrote:
Probably because adding whole new areas, not to mention a whole new planet, is a TON of work, and they probably didn't have the team for it back then.
Just think of all the locations, towns, camps, quests, storylines, npcs, objects like herbs/mines, monsters, dungeons with their own bosses, unique rare mobs and world bossea and whatever not that must go into creating a new zone so it won't look and feel empty. I'm all for the inclusion of these zones, but it will probably happen slowly, one-by-one.

About Turalyon and Alleria, I agree that the most lore-friendly way to introduce them would be with the blood elves. After all, no matter how "evil" they got under Kael's leadership, they wouldn't leave their legendary ranger-general to die if they found her.
I endorse them to use the old map of Azeroth, you know, the Classic Eastern Kingdoms when Quel'thalas had a most acurate geography with the Warcraft III lore, and when the Ghostlands don't exists.
This can be a more interesting and small map with less work to do, similar to Gilneas.