New Badlands dungeon

Rukopashka

New Badlands dungeon

Post by Rukopashka » Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:33 pm

Dungeon Name: Tomb of the Forgotten Kings

Location: The dungeon entrance is located in the Badlands, here's a chain of quests to summon a portal to the Tomb of the Forgotten Kings:

Quest 1: Uncovering the Ruins
Players receive this quest by talking to an NPC located in the Badlands. The NPC explains that they've discovered ancient ruins that appear to be of Titan origin, but they need the players' help to clear out the area and uncover more of the ruins.

Objective: Clear out the enemies in the ruins and report back to the NPC.

Quest 2: Investigating the Ruins
The NPC informs the players that they've uncovered a portal deep within the ruins, but it appears to be inactive. The players are tasked with investigating the surrounding area for clues on how to activate the portal.

Objective: Collect artifacts from nearby creatures and bring them back to the NPC for analysis.

Quest 3: The Missing Component
The NPC informs the players that they need one more component to activate the portal, an ancient crystal of Titan origin. The crystal is said to be located in a nearby temple, guarded by powerful guardians.

Objective: Enter the temple and defeat the guardians to retrieve the crystal.

Quest 4: Summoning the Portal(or not a portal otherwise it doesnt matter)
With all the necessary components collected, the NPC instructs the players on how to activate the portal to the Tomb of the Forgotten Kings.

Objective: Follow the instructions and activate the portal.

Upon activation, the players are transported to the entrance of the Tomb of the Forgotten Kings.

Boss 1: King Tutenra, the Mummy King
Description: King Tutenra is a mummified ruler of the ancient dynasty, brought back to life by dark magic. He commands an army of undead soldiers and can summon swarms of scarabs to overwhelm his enemies.

Boss 2: Queen Neferia, the Serpent Queen
Description: Queen Neferia is a cunning and deadly snake-woman who once ruled alongside King Tutenra. She uses poison and shadow magic to debilitate her foes, and can summon giant snakes to aid her in battle.

Boss 3: Prince Horus, the Falcon Prince
Description: Prince Horus is a fierce warrior who was transformed into a half-falcon creature by a curse. He wields a deadly spear and can call upon the power of the winds to create whirlwinds that suck in his enemies.

Boss 4: High Priestess Setesh, the Shadow Priestess
Description: High Priestess Setesh is a powerful shadow priestess who serves the forgotten dynasty. She can summon shadow demons to do her bidding and can drain the life force of her enemies to heal herself.

Boss 5: King Ramses, the Deathless Pharaoh
Description: King Ramses is the final boss of the dungeon, an immortal pharaoh who has survived for millennia thanks to dark magic. He wields a powerful staff and can summon sandstorms and undead minions to aid him in battle.

Overall, the Tomb of the Forgotten Kings is a challenging dungeon filled with traps, puzzles, and ancient relics. Players will need to work together to defeat the powerful bosses and uncover the secrets of the long-lost dynasty.э

p.s guys, don't laugh, I just came up with this idea

Etarpylon

Re: New Badlands dungeon

Post by Etarpylon » Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:55 am

I feel like this dungeon is quite nice. While I'm not sure Badlands is an appropriate place for an Egypt-themed dungeon (that spot feels more apt for Tanaris or Silithus) with stuff like pharoahs and a guy named Horus, I am interested in the boss encounters being more puzzle-like.

I could see Obsidian Destroyers being a regular occurrence, and The Deathless Pharoah could be a Scourge Lich who is in the wrong place.

I also feel this is in line with the Ruins of Zeth which were introduced recently.

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:36 am

Seems like an idea with a lot of style behind it, but I'm curious how you see it being tied into the overall lore. With the names and theming, it sounds like it should be tied to AQ20 in some way.

Ishilu

Post by Ishilu » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:05 am

Sounds cool. If I understand this correctly, the suggested area is a titan Ruin with a portal leading to this mummy themed area.

Maybe in this case, the players should not only fight "royalty" but also some portal guardian on the titan side first?

By the way, Egyptian themed titans were a thing in cata, if I recall correctly. I know, that was one expansion after things had seriously gone downhill with the game, but I actually liked Uldum.

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:15 am

Etarpylon wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 4:55 am
I also feel this is in line with the Ruins of Zeth which were introduced recently.
it would be nice to connect them somehow

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:17 am

Kefke wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:36 am
Seems like an idea with a lot of style behind it, but I'm curious how you see it being tied into the overall lore. With the names and theming, it sounds like it should be tied to AQ20 in some way.
as for me, Badlands is a very empty location and it would be nice to place this dungeon in the middle of such a deserted location, despite the fact that there are a lot of excavations there, which corresponds to the theme

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:27 am

Ishilu wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:05 am
Sounds cool. If I understand this correctly, the suggested area is a titan Ruin with a portal leading to this mummy themed area.

Maybe in this case, the players should not only fight "royalty" but also some portal guardian on the titan side first?

By the way, Egyptian themed titans were a thing in cata, if I recall correctly. I know, that was one expansion after things had seriously gone downhill with the game, but I actually liked Uldum.
you're totally right! the egyptian-themed titans were actually in Cataclysm, and Uldum was a pretty cool zone if I do say so myself. the Tol'vir were the titans in that zone, and they were these humanoid dudes that the titans made to guard their cities and temples. the whole place was decked out in egyptian-style stuff like pyramids and hieroglyphics, which was a nice change of pace from the usual Warcraft fare. even though Cataclysm had some problems, I think most people who played it would agree that Uldum was one of the highlights of the expansion.But I really don't know how this theme will work for Turtle WoW.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 am

My thought was just that AQ20 is the only place where I can recall the Titans using the Egyptian pantheon theming. If not for the description of being cursed, I would assume your third boss was another horusath, like Ossirian, and Setesh is sharing name theming with Setis, who's a rare spawn in the Silithus overworld. All the other places with titan-forged that I can remember are Norse themed.

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:15 am

Kefke wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:39 am
My thought was just that AQ20 is the only place where I can recall the Titans using the Egyptian pantheon theming. If not for the description of being cursed, I would assume your third boss was another horusath, like Ossirian, and Setesh is sharing name theming with Setis, who's a rare spawn in the Silithus overworld. All the other places with titan-forged that I can remember are Norse themed.
Titans are very much related to Badlands, that's why:
Uldaman is an ancient Titan city located in the Badlands region of Azeroth in the game World of Warcraft. The Titans were a powerful race of beings who created and shaped many worlds in the Warcraft universe, including Azeroth. Uldaman was one of the cities they built on Azeroth to serve as a research and excavation site.

Uldaman was primarily used by the Titans to study the dwarves, who were created by the Titans as part of their plan to shape Azeroth. The dwarves were tasked with mining and excavating the world, and Uldaman was a key site for studying their progress and guiding their efforts.

Over time, Uldaman was abandoned by the Titans and eventually fell into ruin. However, it remained an important site for the dwarves, who continued to use it for mining and excavating. The dwarves also discovered ancient Titan artifacts within the city, which they began to study and experiment with.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:32 am

I know who/what the Titans are. The thing is that, lore-wise there seem to be different cultures...or maybe factions...umm, aesthetics? ...among the Titans. Their creations in Silithis are "Egyptian". Uldaman has a more...well, honestly "dwarf" theming, but lore you get from questing there talks about the Aesir and Vanir, which are terms taken from Norse mythology. So the expectation would be that either a new dungeon in the Badlands would follow the same theming as other Titan ruins there, or there would be some explanation of why this one location has the theme of the ruins from a different zone.

Rukopashka

Post by Rukopashka » Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:41 am

Kefke wrote:
Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:32 am
I know who/what the Titans are. The thing is that, lore-wise there seem to be different cultures...or maybe factions...umm, aesthetics? ...among the Titans. Their creations in Silithis are "Egyptian". Uldaman has a more...well, honestly "dwarf" theming, but lore you get from questing there talks about the Aesir and Vanir, which are terms taken from Norse mythology. So the expectation would be that either a new dungeon in the Badlands would follow the same theming as other Titan ruins there, or there would be some explanation of why this one location has the theme of the ruins from a different zone.
now I see your point, you may be right and in the end it's just my fantasy, I doubt the devs will pay attention to this post