Turtle HD Project

Posti

Re: Turtle HD (WIP)

Post by Posti » Tue Jan 03, 2023 1:13 pm

hey, just a comment to say thank you for the work you are provided to the community, it is so awesome, and I do like it a lot.
also have a great year !
"May your days be long and your hardships few."

Ribles

Post by Ribles » Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:38 pm

I'm sure you get these kinds of requests a lot, but there's 1 model I'd love to see get the update treatment. I LOVE the new version of the darkhound, and would like that one ported over. is that possible?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:20 am

Ribles wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 11:38 pm
I'm sure you get these kinds of requests a lot, but there's 1 model I'd love to see get the update treatment. I LOVE the new version of the darkhound, and would like that one ported over. is that possible?

Not likely to happen any time soon. The new CASC file system they use is impossible for me to decipher and pull assets from, compared to the standard MPQ (basically ZIP files) format Pandaria and earlier expansions use.

Ribles

Post by Ribles » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:09 am

I'm sorry to hear that. Thanks for the explanation. I appreciate it!

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:25 am

I am still in search of texture artists (see: someone who can make both RGB and Indexed PNGs to be used by the client's finicky criteria) who wish to make HD versions of Turtle custom skins, mounts, etc.

Lorencor

Post by Lorencor » Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:32 am

Hello all,

I'm going to start a mission to adjust the Tauren Spirit Walker skin for this Turtle HD patch. I don't have much knowledge in this, I have knowledge in programming (I don't know if that can help with anything).

Redmagejoe, I might need some tips from you, and I'll be asking about a few things as this change goes on. Maybe in discord or in game.

I don't know if this will be possible either or if the result will be perfect, but I will try doing my best.
Thanks.

Fixxer

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jan 07, 2023 6:50 am

Programming is not the issue, I'm afraid. If you cannot create a PNG from scratch, or modify existing BLPs (converted into PNG to be worked with) the HD patch uses to look like HD versions of the skins you're trying to fix (like Tauren Spirit Walker), then there is nothing you or I can do. It is a simple issue of vanilla textures being stretched over HD models. We need HD textures that currently don't exist.

Art is what is needed. An artist is what we need to improve the HD patch.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:22 pm

can we get everything the HD patch offers (spells, hd monster models, etc.) except with the 10 playable races?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:21 pm

New version is out, linked on the first post, with several bug fixes.

Alsharpton0

Post by Alsharpton0 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 6:22 pm

this mount is bugged i think

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jan 08, 2023 9:16 pm

Odd. That's the Immortal Charger? That worked last time I checked. I will look into it.

Nozdormus

Post by Nozdormus » Mon Jan 09, 2023 2:29 pm

Hello!
Ty for greate work. HD is really looking good.
But there is some things that blow up my eyes and ears.
patch-A.MPQ include : Legion Character + World Models / Music Pack / Spell Effects.
Can i somehow turn off Spell effects and music pack ? Wanna only hd models.

Akalix
Has liked: 4 times

Post by Akalix » Tue Jan 10, 2023 6:47 am

Hello!

Would like to report the store mount "Swift Alliance Steed" looks quite odd in the pack.

I would recommend the Reins of the Vicious War Steed as a replacement model, which is from Cataclysm.
Public Relations / Community Manager / Head of Recruitment

Looking to join Turtle? Need media information? Contact me!

Vahlok

Post by Vahlok » Tue Jan 10, 2023 4:31 pm

Hello!!
Regarding the unsheath/sheathing issue, i've found something interesting as heck. Apparently the female trolls are able to unsheath and sheath their weapons just fine with the HD patch whereas other races don't have this, is it possible that someone or the gracious mod author could look into why the female trolls can whilst others cannot? - It could be that the former mod author that had this pack simply just wasn't finished with some scripts?

Just throwing in a heads up and hoping it'd make an improvement! :> <3

Vahlok

Post by Vahlok » Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:29 am

Races that 'can' use sheathing animations currently are as follows.
- Orc Female
- Troll Female
- Forsaken Male
- Gnome Female
- Tauren Male
- Goblin Male & Female (No new models)
- High Elf Male & Female (No new models)

Mixxl

Post by Mixxl » Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:34 pm

I just connected a second screen to my computer, and all of a sudden, the main display stays black whenever I am trying to start Turtle WoW. Was there anybody having the same issue with this? I want to eliminate any source of problems regarding this patch before reinstalling TurtleWoW.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:09 pm

Mixxl wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:34 pm
I just connected a second screen to my computer, and all of a sudden, the main display stays black whenever I am trying to start Turtle WoW. Was there anybody having the same issue with this? I want to eliminate any source of problems regarding this patch before reinstalling TurtleWoW.
This issue is unrelated to the HD Patch. Please post in the appropriate support section.

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:33 am

New version up: Added NO_DUPLICATE flags to a number of SoundEntries that prevent ear-rape when using the unhacked binary to remove sound channel limit.

Drummbass

Post by Drummbass » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:44 pm

I did tryed this HD patch a month ago but i quickly ran into two issues which kinda forced me to remove it.
Issue 1: Whenever i click to fly ( regardless from destination A to B ) my client will crash at some point During the flight. I log back in and will continue flying , landing as nothing ever happened. It always crashes but only once ( very wierd bug ) .
Issue 2: whenever a paladin casts concecretion i see the new improved animation which is very appreciated and it looks awesome ( 10/10) but the animation never stops, it loops indefinitely until i reload my ui or relog.

I have no clue should I write my issues here, but desided to share my experience. I also fully understand its non profit community driven project and the intent of this post is not to bash or be mean about it, but rather can anyone help me to fix my issues so that I can enjoy the good looking textures

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:29 pm

Both of those issues are unrelated to the HD patch. The first was due to a memory issue resolved by using the 4gb RAM patch for WoW.exe which is becoming more and more necessary even for base Turtle with new assets being added. The second was an issue that came about due to a graphics configuration issue I believe had a solution posted last year.

Pandarini3

Post by Pandarini3 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:02 pm

Sadly the 4GB patch does not fix the crashes. Even after installing it still crashes when approaching cities with many people, BB, SW or Org are all crashes

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:59 pm

I have yet to have memory-related crashes using the latest WoWFOV.exe and the latest version of my HD patch. Please be sure that you are using the latest patch-A and patch-B from the first post (check the date), and that you are using WoWFOV.exe, not WoW.exe.

Axes

Post by Axes » Tue Jan 24, 2023 1:13 am

For some reason when I try to download "patch-A.MPQ" whenever I reach about 70-80% the download collapse and got to start again from 0. I was able to download "patch-B.MPQ" with no problems.

Idk if it just me, GDrive dowloads are pretty slow, but a file constantly failing when trying to download it, that's a first to me. Well, if you have any idea why, or a suggestion I would be graceful. Thanks.

Eazykalibos

Post by Eazykalibos » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:22 pm

There seems to be issue with Quel Dorei Meditation, it doesnt have animation

Eazykalibos

Post by Eazykalibos » Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:47 pm

Bug with NPC called Yur Dragonfist, he doesnt have face.

Madlivzz

Post by Madlivzz » Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:57 pm

Bug with the angel of death npc, it looks wrong, the npc we respawn when we die

Nain000

Post by Nain000 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:49 pm

Hello,

I spotted a bugged texture for Dwarfs who the skin colour with war paints.

Seems the skin is bugged. Would it be possible fixable or difficult ? Like making those skins appear as normal skins choices instead of ones with warpaints.

Kind regards

Love this mod, would be awesome if this was fixed

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:14 pm

Eazykalibos wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:22 pm
There seems to be issue with Quel Dorei Meditation, it doesnt have animation
Known. I don't know how SpellVisualsKit.dbc works so I can't really begin fixing it.

Eazykalibos wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 1:47 pm
Bug with NPC called Yur Dragonfist, he doesnt have face.
If it's a custom Turtle NPC, this is known. They use prebaked textures they make themselves, rather than utilizing generic resources. This makes it impossible to have an HD version of it unless the team made the assets themselves, which they likely wouldn't.

Madlivzz wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 4:57 pm
Bug with the angel of death npc, it looks wrong, the npc we respawn when we die
Unable to be reproduced. Works correctly for me and many others. I've only seen 1 or 2 other people mention this, and I have no way of knowing what people are doing differently to achieve this effect. Graphics card / driver differences, possibly.

Nain000 wrote:
Sat Jan 28, 2023 7:49 pm
I spotted a bugged texture for Dwarfs who the skin colour with war paints.

Seems the skin is bugged. Would it be possible fixable or difficult ? Like making those skins appear as normal skins choices instead of ones with warpaints.
Mentioned before and known. Issue is similar to above. It cannot be fixed unless someone makes actual art assets for the custom Turtle assets. Mod works by replacing files from future expansions. These custom skins never existed in future expansions, therefore the files don't exist. This occurs because old textures are being wrapped around new models. No fix unless you can convince staff to make HD art assets.

Klen

Post by Klen » Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:56 pm

Texture bug is still going, wowfov or wow.exe crying_turtle

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:35 pm

Klen wrote:
Sun Jan 29, 2023 6:56 pm
Texture bug is still going
And it forever will until I announce that any artists exist on this project. I may add another disclaimer to the top of the first post with how often I've had to address this question.

Skate

Post by Skate » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 pm

Hi, outstanding work!

Is there any chance, that we could get a HD cata character models only patch, without the spell effects?

Kind Regards

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Tue Feb 07, 2023 6:55 am

Skate wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:56 pm
Is there any chance, that we could get a HD cata character models only patch, without the spell effects?
Read the first post.

Skate

Post by Skate » Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:06 am

Oh okay, my bad. Thanks for answering regardless.

Lokens

Post by Lokens » Sat Feb 18, 2023 4:50 am

The screen for creating the Dwarf race, you can see yellow-black stripes instead of half the snow
Also, all 3 skins for the night elf in the store without a face
Friend thank you very much for this mod, it's very nice to play with it

Imhitchens

Post by Imhitchens » Sun Feb 19, 2023 7:38 pm

I'm having issues where some animals (notably hunter pets) like horses and wolves have broken models/textures (big spikes as if points on the model stretches into infinity).

I'm using the latest patch, and the turtle wow client version from the direct download link on turtle wow's site.

Deleting WDB doesn't solve it.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?