Transmog Suggestion Thread

Pahacsinta

Re: Transmog Suggestion Thread

Post by Pahacsinta » Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:24 pm

I dont have pics but TBC reputation pvp sets/dungeon sets looks solid aswell and not too outof place imo

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:07 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:52 am
any news on adding T2 recolor options for transmog?
Not that I'm aware of.
Hopefully Dragunovi potentially reads this thread.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:21 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Sun Nov 13, 2022 2:20 pm
Black feathers leggings

https://www.wowhead.com/classic/item=41 ... d-leggings.

possible source: low chance to drop off any hinterlands/winterspring moonkin
I'd actually really like these included too alongside the matching chest piece.

Fokinlegend

Post by Fokinlegend » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:34 am

Lieutenant commander's dreadgear (replica or normal)

By far my favorite outfit, but you need 1800 battlegrounds for the achievement necessary.

https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=82 ... -dreadgear

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:50 am

Fokinlegend wrote:
Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:34 am
Lieutenant commander's dreadgear (replica or normal)

By far my favorite outfit, but you need 1800 battlegrounds for the achievement necessary.

https://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=82 ... -dreadgear
No you don't? This isn't retail WoW, are you sure you're in the correct forum?
Vanilla PvP gear can be acquired simply through playing BGs and getting the required rank.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:49 pm

Bump

Noce

Post by Noce » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:08 pm

why not just keep fashion coins for all things? make a npc vendor that sells xmog item models for a FC. u buy item, get it in wardrobe. and then u spend another FC to actualy make xmog. mbe increase npc vendor prices to keep ppl occupied in farming dungs. imo this is way simpler, rather than making some new way of farming.

also it would be so nice if ppl who do pvp can somehow get oportunity to get FC via pvp. dont know how. but i can see that ppl who get max rank have nthing else to do. keep them in game somehow even after getting max ranks.

it would be also nice that npc vendor sells all or some new model sets from later expansions - green, rare, epic.

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:29 am

So, according to this video there's a model in the gamefiles for a "Corrupted Thunderfury", which appears to be Thunderfury, but with darkened metal (though it also looks like it might have some missing textures). I think that would be a cool option.

Also, since Thunderfury reminded me of it, some of the one-handed weapons are big enough to be wielded in two hands, and having two-hand versions for transmog would be pretty neat.

Aside from that, here's a few pages from The Cutting Room Floor to pull from.

https://tcrf.net/World_of_Warcraft/Unus ... _Off-hands

https://tcrf.net/World_of_Warcraft/Unused_Items/Armor

That "Onyxia Scale Breastplate" is particularly interesting to me.

Littlebirdd

Post by Littlebirdd » Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:55 am

This one is from TBC, it looks very nice I wish it will get added that would be great.
https://www.wowhead.com/tbc/item=29433/ ... h-red-glow

And the Zul'Aman shoulderpads too, I wish to see and use them soon in-game ^_^
Headhunter Jasta of the Darkspear Tribe and Horde

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:19 pm

Early leveling I didn't equip every item I got before vendoeing. So some low level quest item rewards I have lost.

Also for quests you compelte and have to choose, you will forever miss those other transmog options.

Why not unlock all transmog items from all optional quest rewards no matter what choice. Safe players from screwing themselfes permanently from not knowing initially

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Fri Feb 17, 2023 11:05 pm

Noce wrote:
Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:08 pm
why not just keep fashion coins for all things? make a npc vendor that sells xmog item models for a FC. u buy item, get it in wardrobe. and then u spend another FC to actualy make xmog. mbe increase npc vendor prices to keep ppl occupied in farming dungs. imo this is way simpler, rather than making some new way of farming.

also it would be so nice if ppl who do pvp can somehow get oportunity to get FC via pvp. dont know how. but i can see that ppl who get max rank have nthing else to do. keep them in game somehow even after getting max ranks.

it would be also nice that npc vendor sells all or some new model sets from later expansions - green, rare, epic.
I suggested something similar during the Halloween event regarding the masks. The GMs seemed adamant that in order for you to be able to transmog gear you have to earn it the old fashioned way even if it requires excessive and frustrating amounts of farming to do so. :(

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Sat Feb 18, 2023 3:28 am

So, I was messing around on Wowhead, trying to plan a transmog, and I noticed that the infamous Martin Fury has the appearance of an armor breastplate and bracers, but as a shirt. Which is a really nice option for making outfits.

Littlebirdd

Post by Littlebirdd » Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:37 am

Archer's Garb recolor
green/uncommon set for future zones?
or rare set for future dungeons/raids
Headhunter Jasta of the Darkspear Tribe and Horde

Noce

Post by Noce » Tue Feb 28, 2023 9:44 am

2 hand sword model id love to see is Nethersteel Claymore
https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=25167
bis 2 hand sword

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:43 am

I wonder if glasses would be possible to implement. We do have sunglasses now.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:00 pm

Made a post a while ago outiling an idea on implementing the tier 1 & 2 recolors and forgot to post it here in the megathread - whoops! Especially with the new raids coming in the next patch this could be extra incentive to run them, as well as the turtle-original dungeons!
Syrathegreat wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 pm
In TBC Blizz added recolours of the Classic Tier 1 and 2 sets as dungeon and raid drops, some of which are really interesting and add new aesthetics for the sets (my personal favourite being the silver and red Dragonstalker set for Hunters).

My proposal would be for Turtle to add questlines to obtain these recolours inspired by the Tier 0.5/Dungeon Set 2 sets. This could just be just for cosmetic rewards but I think a more interesting option would be to do similar to the 0.5s and maybe use this to help boost the specs with less gear support?

Furthermore this could help make running the old raids for Bindings, DFT, etc more evergreen and fulfilling since there would be more horizontal gear incentives. Plus maybe the questlines could lead you around more of the new Turtle content as bonus incentive!

Some examples of the recolours for those unfamiliar:

I think it would be great to have access to these sets even if just for transmog - they by their very nature fit in with the world of Classic! Plus I think implementing them like 0.5 would be entirely Blizzlike and could be super interesting! The only issue I can see (other than the work of course) would be that Warlock Tier 1 does not have a recolour (at least not implemented anyways), however from my understanding, creating new recolours is not too difficult and may be worthwhile.
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:54 am

Syrathegreat wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:00 pm
Made a post a while ago outiling an idea on implementing the tier 1 & 2 recolors and forgot to post it here in the megathread - whoops! Especially with the new raids coming in the next patch this could be extra incentive to run them, as well as the turtle-original dungeons!
Syrathegreat wrote:
Thu Jan 26, 2023 1:49 pm
In TBC Blizz added recolours of the Classic Tier 1 and 2 sets as dungeon and raid drops, some of which are really interesting and add new aesthetics for the sets (my personal favourite being the silver and red Dragonstalker set for Hunters).

My proposal would be for Turtle to add questlines to obtain these recolours inspired by the Tier 0.5/Dungeon Set 2 sets. This could just be just for cosmetic rewards but I think a more interesting option would be to do similar to the 0.5s and maybe use this to help boost the specs with less gear support?

Furthermore this could help make running the old raids for Bindings, DFT, etc more evergreen and fulfilling since there would be more horizontal gear incentives. Plus maybe the questlines could lead you around more of the new Turtle content as bonus incentive!

Some examples of the recolours for those unfamiliar:

I think it would be great to have access to these sets even if just for transmog - they by their very nature fit in with the world of Classic! Plus I think implementing them like 0.5 would be entirely Blizzlike and could be super interesting! The only issue I can see (other than the work of course) would be that Warlock Tier 1 does not have a recolour (at least not implemented anyways), however from my understanding, creating new recolours is not too difficult and may be worthwhile.
I mentioned the possibility of adding all-class T1/T2 recolors in my first post and still support their inclusion. (:

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:58 am

Zeldy wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:54 am
I mentioned the possibility of adding all-class T1/T2 recolors in my first post and still support their inclusion. (:
Yup that's what made me repost here actually! Akalix had asked to include suggestions on how to implement these sets so wanted to throw the idea I'd written up into the ring :D Thanks for making the masterthread!

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Mon May 08, 2023 3:57 am

Bump

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Mon May 08, 2023 10:53 am

More gear for different armor types that have like fur trims. So far it's really only the full fur Ghostwalker sets, parts of the Sentinel Garb sets (the horde guards), and Hunter and Druid tier, as well as a couple scattered pieces. It would be nice to have a larger variety of pieces that would allow for some snowy warrior transmogs, or alterac rogues, etc etc.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Wed May 10, 2023 3:45 am

Syrathegreat wrote:
Mon May 08, 2023 10:53 am
More gear for different armor types that have like fur trims. So far it's really only the full fur Ghostwalker sets, parts of the Sentinel Garb sets (the horde guards), and Hunter and Druid tier, as well as a couple scattered pieces. It would be nice to have a larger variety of pieces that would allow for some snowy warrior transmogs, or alterac rogues, etc etc.
That's a good idea! Some areas of the map do have very cold weather so more winter clothing would be a welcome addition.

Dasitmane

Post by Dasitmane » Sun May 14, 2023 12:03 pm

Make xbows transmoggable into bows. Endgame hunters have no real ranged tmog options.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Wed May 31, 2023 1:03 am

Jaina Proudmoore's Custom Robe [Display ID: 2970]

Another lovely robe I've always coveted after seeing it in a WoW advertisement years ago. I feel like this would look excellent for all spellcasters but particularly Human, High Elf and Undead, especially if it could be acquired in different colors.
My idea for obtaining this was for it to be a mid level 30's quest reward possibly set in Dustwallow Marsh and obtainable by both factions, or have it as a quest pertaining to Dalaran for Alliance.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Wed Jun 14, 2023 2:35 am

I'm excited about the upcoming patch. Hopefully a few of the suggestions are included with it!

Nebelwerfer

Post by Nebelwerfer » Tue Jun 27, 2023 7:48 pm

The position of the weapon on the character model.

When transmogrifying a weapon the position of the main weapon on the character model is taken. Thus, when the main weapon is transmogged to a weapon that should be removed on the back, the position of the main weapon does not change and the new weapon skin is displayed on the belt. The suggestion is that when transmog weapons, in addition to the skin, the position of the weapon on the character model should also be taken into account. Thus when transmogrifying weapons to a model that by default should be on the back, not only the skin should be changed, but also the placement on the character, so that after transmogrification, the main weapon is also placed on the back.

Szalord

Post by Szalord » Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:01 pm

Geojak wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:19 pm
Early leveling I didn't equip every item I got before vendoeing. So some low level quest item rewards I have lost.

Also for quests you compelte and have to choose, you will forever miss those other transmog options.

Why not unlock all transmog items from all optional quest rewards no matter what choice. Safe players from screwing themselfes permanently from not knowing initially
I'd also like to reiterate on this. As it stands, you need to equip an item at least once in order to unlock its transmog, i'd like a change on this - allow us to unlock transmogs on items automatically if they're bound on pickup (or straight unlock on gray / white items since those aren't bound on equip).

And of course, please allow us to unlock all the transmogs of all the items of a quest reward upon finishing the quest.

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:00 pm

Szalord wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2023 3:01 pm
Geojak wrote:
Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:19 pm

I'd also like to reiterate on this. As it stands, you need to equip an item at least once in order to unlock its transmog, i'd like a change on this - allow us to unlock transmogs on items automatically if they're bound on pickup (or straight unlock on gray / white items since those aren't bound on equip).

And of course, please allow us to unlock all the transmogs of all the items of a quest reward upon finishing the quest.
I support this as well, as this will become a legitimate issue next patch for people that are doing the Vagrant's Endeavor and won't be able to equip quest rewards of Uncommon quality and above.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:19 am

What about... Obtain many transmogs by fishing?
The items are just white items with "replica" name on it, and contained in "box of atrezzo" fished around the world. Different zones yield diferent boxes with different replicas inside, some easier to obtain, some others very rare. So, if you want a specific item you'll have to gather intel on where you can fish for it and then spend some time fishing

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:15 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Mon Jul 10, 2023 12:19 am
The items are just white items with "replica" name on it, and contained in "box of atrezzo" fished around the world. Different zones yield diferent boxes with different replicas inside, some easier to obtain, some others very rare. So, if you want a specific item you'll have to gather intel on where you can fish for it and then spend some time fishing
I like this idea and I think it could be feasible! But the replicas would most likely have to be of items with that of a Rare quality or below, as I think players having the potential to fish up Tier 3 or Thunderfury transmogs would probably be a bit too much, especially if the replicas didn't have a level restriction. Maybe some replicas of Epics could be allowed, it's really up to the devs as they seemed pretty adamant that in order for your character to use a transmog item they need to have earned it on their own.

Reploidrocsa

Post by Reploidrocsa » Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:52 pm

Zeldy wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:15 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:
I like this idea and I think it could be feasible! But the replicas would most likely have to be of items with that of a Rare quality or below, as I think players having the potential to fish up Tier 3 or Thunderfury transmogs would probably be a bit too much, especially if the replicas didn't have a level restriction. Maybe some replicas of Epics could be allowed, it's really up to the devs as they seemed pretty adamant that in order for your character to use a transmog item they need to have earned it on their own.
I was thinking on unique models, like models from tbc/wrath, custom made ones or unexpected ones. Something like the royal crest of lordaeron shield from wrath stratholme, a piece of armor with unique color pallete, dagger with the model of a scaled down polearm and different off hand frills with weapon models. I know there's a cloth helmet that looks like a plate leveling one, add more stuff like that

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:52 pm

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:52 pm
Zeldy wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2023 3:15 am
Reploidrocsa wrote:
I was thinking on unique models, like models from tbc/wrath, custom made ones or unexpected ones. Something like the royal crest of lordaeron shield from wrath stratholme, a piece of armor with unique color pallete, dagger with the model of a scaled down polearm and different off hand frills with weapon models. I know there's a cloth helmet that looks like a plate leveling one, add more stuff like that
Unique models would be wonderful! I'm cautiously optimistic that at least some items suggested in this thread will be included in the next patch, but Akalix never got back to me when I asked him about it. Yes, that's the Undercity Bucket Hat which I actually acquired and was very excited to do so since I think it's a very beautiful helmet that non plate wearers can finally acquire for their collection. I would absolutely love more items akin to that. If Akalix or one of the other devs sees this post I would love to hear their opinion regarding additional fishing cosmetics.

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:07 pm

Add the Daisy Dukes from the Racer Girl in Tanaris.

Create removable bracers like the shoulders.
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Tue Aug 15, 2023 6:01 am

Foobs wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2023 2:07 pm
Add the Daisy Dukes from the Racer Girl in Tanaris.

Create removable bracers like the shoulders.
Didn't they add the Daisy Dukes? Unless they removed the quest?

https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=81111

Foobs

Post by Foobs » Tue Aug 15, 2023 9:32 am

I didn't know they had. I just logged for the night but I'll make sure to check when I log back in. Super excited! Ty!!!

turtle_in_love
wary_turtle_head I'm just here for the GM's replies--Carry on!!

Zeldy

Post by Zeldy » Sun Aug 27, 2023 1:06 am

Dang this thread's over a year old now, nice!