The debuff limit has been fixed yay

Shamma

Re: Please actually fix the debuff limit

Post by Shamma » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:19 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 pm
Baiking wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:26 pm
So has this been fixed or no?? wanna play shadow priest but not really feeling it if im not allowed to play my class max lvl.
Nope. This change could take 2 minutes for them to do in the vmangos config yet they just still refuse to do it. I have no clue why they will not make this change.
Speculation here - they are designing their custom raid with debuff limit in mind.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:47 pm

If true that would be the dumbest thing in the world lmao. They should be well aware that adding more debuffs does not increase raid damage at this point, it only allows in more memes. This is clearly stated in my OP and nobody has contested that statement.

Buy yeah we can only assume, because the devs STILL have not said anything on this topic, not a word. I just have to assume they are ignoring it and will not see this comment right here.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:29 pm

Ugoboom wrote:
Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:47 pm
If true that would be the dumbest thing in the world lmao. They should be well aware that adding more debuffs does not increase raid damage at this point, it only allows in more memes. This is clearly stated in my OP and nobody has contested that statement.

Buy yeah we can only assume, because the devs STILL have not said anything on this topic, not a word. I just have to assume they are ignoring it and will not see this comment right here.
Well honestly it is my best guess. Or they want to be able to display all debuffs on the target and they are currently unable to so they do not want to allow them (again a speculation).

I have said before I am not 100% "for" this (even though trending more "for" than "against"), but really wish to hear the devs' point of view.

Timmy

Post by Timmy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:52 pm

This would be a very welcome change for underrepresented specs

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 pm

! ! ! IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION BELOW ! ! !

If you'd all like to know why this has not been implemented yet, it's a simple matter of technological limitations. The server configuration for the core is very much able to raise the debuff limit serverside to whatever number your heart desires. The major issue is that the vanilla client, archaic as it is, can only DISPLAY so many of those debuffs, and it's likely the devs are incredibly hesitant to enable what will essentially be invisible debuffs. While your debuffs would indeed be on a raid boss, if your client doesn't tell you they're there, you're likely to continue to complain to the devs that it still doesn't work.

It is not that the devs do not desire to raise the debuff limit. My understanding is that a section of the team is poring tirelessly over how they can jury-rig a solution to the outdated client's limitations so that the debuffs you can place match what the client shows.

! ! ! IMPORTANT CONSIDERATION ABOVE ! ! !

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:57 am

Timmy wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:52 pm
Won't change much. Debuff slots aren't why certain classes suck. It's just pure scaling issues.
Timmy wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:52 pm
Doesn't change anything really. The underrepresented specs like Shaman don't really gain anything from more debuff slots and its not even really a net increase for Warlocks since spamming DoTs is less damage than just spamming Shadowbolt.
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 pm

If you'd all like to know why this has not been implemented yet, it's a simple matter of technological limitations. The server configuration for the core is very much able to raise the debuff limit serverside to whatever number your heart desires. The major issue is that the vanilla client, archaic as it is, can only DISPLAY so many of those debuffs, and it's likely the devs are incredibly hesitant to enable what will essentially be invisible debuffs. While your debuffs would indeed be on a raid boss, if your client doesn't tell you they're there, you're likely to continue to complain to the devs that it still doesn't work.

It is not that the devs do not desire to raise the debuff limit. My understanding is that a section of the team is poring tirelessly over how they can jury-rig a solution to the outdated client's limitations so that the debuffs you can place match what the client shows.

Just move spells to stack like Ignite does. The only issue then is if you take 20 warlocks and have them all DoT the mob that you need to factor in the obscene amount of threat they produce.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:27 am

Spell stacking does not really work. Since a whole stack can only belong to and deal threat for one target and there are still over 24 different spells you want to have.

On the limit, the game would display the debuffs in decreasing order of priority if i recall correctly - so you might need a addon to see the duration of your personal debuffs wich is bad, but id be interested if addons could display more debuffs or if the client flat out doesnt get the info

Original3

Post by Original3 » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:49 am

+1

Timmy

Post by Timmy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:27 pm

Won't change much. Debuff slots aren't why certain classes suck. It's just pure scaling issues.
Debuff slots are why certain specs are not viable in a raid environment. Enhancement shaman can't use stormstrike, can't bring more than one spriest, arms warrior can't use mortal strike, warlock can't dot, ret paladin can't use consecration or crusader strike, I can go on and on. Imagine not being able to cast your main dmg spells because of a permanent technical limitation. Debuff limit is not liked by the majority of vanilla players, from experience the minority consist mostly of no changes ideologists.
Doesn't change anything really. The underrepresented specs like Shaman don't really gain anything from more debuff slots and its not even really a net increase for Warlocks since spamming DoTs is less damage than just spamming Shadowbolt
How is an increased debuff limit that allow enhancement shaman to use stormstrike not beneficial to enhancement shaman?
No one claimed it to be better for a Warlock to dot rather than spamming shadow bolt, you completely missed the point. It's about actually being able to actually cast those spells. It'd increase spec diversity.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:21 pm

timmy's got the point, raising the debuff limit is a straight up positive to everyone in the game. there is 0 reason the devs have to not be doing it right this moment.
Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:43 pm

lmao you goofball you didn't even read my OP, I adressed this

" If the dev team is worried about the UI not displaying every debuff, consider that both blizz' Season of mastery and the Vanilla+ server have made this exact change, and the UI only shows 16 debuffs. Literally nobody on those servers, cares about that problem, it's a complete nonissue."

In fact, right now we already have that invisible debuffs problem, thanks to UnitDebuff() still only returning the first 16 debuffs. And guess what? Its fine. Nobody cares. It is NOT an issue
Mekunekud wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:57 am
Correct, fixing debuff limits doesnt magically make every spec viable. But again, read my OP, you can see exactly how many abilities currently straight up cannot be used right now. At the very least, this is the first step in opening the doors to fixing bad spells and being able to design fixes for classes that doesn't revolve around this stupid debuff limit crap.
Mekunekud wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 4:57 am
Just move spells to stack like Ignite does. The only issue then is if you take 20 warlocks and have them all DoT the mob that you need to factor in the obscene amount of threat they produce.
lmaaoooo what. you straight up just don't understand how ignite works, or how debuff stacking works.

Jaccob

Post by Jaccob » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:47 am

On Vmangos discord:

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Jan 17, 2023 2:46 am

Jaccob wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:47 am
On Vmangos discord:
2021 yeah torta has def gone back on that thought since we did get 24 now

Karrados

Post by Karrados » Tue Jan 17, 2023 4:27 pm

I feel like at this point they can throw the debuff limit out of the window. This limitation mostly hurts hybrids that can't apply certain debuffs / dots and which might even lock them out of certain attacks (Stormstrike, Judgement, Flame Shock just as examples) which in turn brings their dps down.

They want to make Hybrid speccs more viable? Remove the debuff limit and that will help slightly with some classes.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:42 pm

+1

Please dev team.
You made it this far with this incredibly awesome version of the game.

Now all eyes are on you with this removal of the
debuff limit. ❤️
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Remorsx

Post by Remorsx » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:01 am

+

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Sun Jan 22, 2023 12:43 am

Honestly, this is a change that needs to be made. Too many classes are dependent on debuffs, and their performance in raids is hamstrung not by how good the class is, but by the fact that they can't do what they need to do to function without interfering with other players doing their job.

Schwarzschild

Post by Schwarzschild » Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:34 pm

Jaccob wrote:
Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:47 am
On Vmangos discord:
"Debuff management in raids" = Every raid adopting the same list of best debuffs and basically shoe-horning all classes into the same playstyle.
- Tank or Ret paladin being even less viable without Seal of the Crusader slot
- WL (i.e., THE DoT class) not being allowed to use DoTs for the most part
- Shadow Priest, who needs 3 debuff slots, is an extreme commitment for a raid leader
- Hunters, Moonkins, Shamans not being able to use any of their DoTs
Last edited by Schwarzschild on Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:05 am

+1 turtle_in_love_head
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Madlivzz

Post by Madlivzz » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:39 am

Agree

Paxy

Post by Paxy » Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:12 pm

Agree

Etarpylon

Post by Etarpylon » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:48 am

Without the debuff limit being raised, I have very little incentive to have Balance as my Druid offspec.

I'm already in pursuit of Feral as my main spec, but Resto would be my offspec on account of how wicked awesome the T2.5 and T3 sets from AQ40 and Naxx (respectively) look in general.

Ibux
Has liked: 9 times

Post by Ibux » Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:52 am

+

Olivine

Post by Olivine » Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:13 pm

+1

Tawneyturtle

Post by Tawneyturtle » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:44 pm

+1
Tawney - High elf warrior 60
Feytale - High elf Mage 60 (Rank 1 Mage Naxx during WBs)
Have fun parsing not only at 19.