will there be a scourge or scarlet crusade themed content?

Dazgor

will there be a scourge or scarlet crusade themed content?

Post by Dazgor » Thu Feb 09, 2023 12:56 am

hi there. do you have any plans or ideas to make factions like scarlet crusade or scourge playable? I do like to play as a real (not rp) scourge agent or scarlet crusader it will also create epic pvp or pve events like scourge attack on the scarlet monastery or crusade against the forsaken for control over the capital or all of Lordaeron or what about adding a scarlet crusade themed raid like scarlet bastion? or new Avalon? or what about a new zone like northern Lordaeron that split between the scourge and the crusade? scourge faction should include most races and must have classes like death knight and acolyte while the scarlet crusade is only limited to high elves, humans and dwarves.

Andromath

Re: will there be a scourge or scarlet crusade themed content?

Post by Andromath » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:39 am

I suppose the biggest issue in adding a third faction would be leveling. It's not as if a member of the Scourge could level through Alliance or Horde content really. They'd need their own 1-60 questing experience, and if it's made too fast by having fewer available quests and zones, players might flock to it in order to level up faster.

Maybe something at max level like a traitor system might work, but even then we'd be splitting the playerbase up more than it already is.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:55 am

I'm given to understand that there used to be an option to join the Scarlet Crusade, but that there were issues that led to it being removed.

Mac

Post by Mac » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:49 pm

Kefke wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:55 am
I'm given to understand that there used to be an option to join the Scarlet Crusade, but that there were issues that led to it being removed.
Yes! The quests were removed from the database it seems, but this old thread discusses it, and this old thread talks about the ring that the quest would give you and how, when worn, made the Scarlets friendly to you. I've heard it was removed because it was being exploited to safely open chests in Scarlet Crusade areas, but that's only what I've heard. I still have my ring in the bank, but it's now cracked and unusable.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:29 pm

It is possible to make these factions behave like other factions you can gain reputation with, like argent dawn, timbermaw, etc. In my opinion, there should be heavy penalties for doinng so. For example, a character that joins the scourge should lose all reputation with their native faction, meaning they can no longer access auction houses, flight masters, or basic vendors. As for the Scarlet Crusade, this faction is too race specific. The only races that could feasibly join are humans, dwarves, and high elves.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29