Can someone explain this

Dyland

Can someone explain this

Post by Dyland » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 am

Why is it okay for a max level alliance druid to kill me over and over by crossroads but it's not okay to drop an infernal on a low level player?

Reploidrocsa

Re: Can someone explain this

Post by Reploidrocsa » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:33 am

You can only be killed if you flag for pvp, a mob can go through anyone (including HC players)

Nokidding

Post by Nokidding » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:50 am

Reploidrocsa wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:33 am
You can only be killed if you flag for pvp, a mob can go through anyone (including HC players)
This. You can always unflag and you won’t be harmed by any player. Low levels don’t have that option when facing infernals.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:11 pm

Because that guy was a famous griefer and repeatedly griefing both unflagged lowbies and HC players

Dyland

Post by Dyland » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:17 pm

Why can't they just code it so that infernals can't tag unflagged players? It seems ridiculous that every other class can use their entire toolkit to grief lowbies with no consequences but warlocks can get permabanned for using one of their funnest spells.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:24 pm

Dyland wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:17 pm
Why can't they just code it so that infernals can't tag unflagged players? It seems ridiculous that every other class can use their entire toolkit to grief lowbies with no consequences but warlocks can get permabanned for using one of their funnest spells.
Yeah, yeah, a l.v60 warlock with l.v60 enslaved demon in low level zone must be a pure accident.
Rules are clearly written about ganking and griefing. If griefing is reported, you get banned. End of story.

Dyland

Post by Dyland » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:29 pm

Dropping an infernal in crossroads and letting it run amok is one of the major draws of classic. It's been neutered and coded out of the game in retail, and now you can't even do it in turtle wow either...

There are rules against ganking? Then why when a max level druid popped out of stealth just to camp me over and over in crossroads and I complained I was told "war mode is a choice". Isn't hardcore mode a choice too?

Dyland

Post by Dyland » Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:32 pm

I'm sure an alliance druid buffed up with deviate delight hanging around the tent zone in crossroads one shotting the same people over and over is pure accident too.

Thecakeisalie

Post by Thecakeisalie » Wed Feb 08, 2023 3:16 pm

There is a clear difference between the scenarios with the Druid and the Warlock, as well as the definition of ganking and griefing.

The Druid can only kill pvp flagged players.

The Warlocks infernal will kill all players, regardless of pvp flag.

Dyland wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 2:29 pm
Dropping an infernal in crossroads and letting it run amok is one of the major draws of classic.
Are you serious?

Kefke
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Kefke » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:43 pm

Are you seriously asking why it's not okay for you to take out your frustrations by griefing people?

Dyland

Post by Dyland » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:54 pm

Kefke wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:43 pm
Are you seriously asking why it's not okay for you to take out your frustrations by griefing people?
No I'm asking why it's okay for max level players to ruin my playing experience by one shotting me over and over with no consequence because I made a choice to go warmode but it's not ok to frustrate the poor little hardcore players when they made a choice to go hardcore...

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:57 pm

Dyland wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:54 pm
Kefke wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:43 pm
No I'm asking why it's okay for max level players to ruin my playing experience by one shotting me over and over with no consequence because I made a choice to go warmode but it's not ok to frustrate the poor little hardcore players when they made a choice to go hardcore...
Because the choice to go Hardcore was not a choice to be able to be killed by other players, and Warmode was.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:56 pm

It sure would be nice if we didn't have a ridiculous custom mechanic which effectively doubles up the server's EXP rates while making dozens of low levels gather within a small AoE's range to benefit from it.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:39 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:56 pm
It sure would be nice if we didn't have a ridiculous custom mechanic which effectively doubles up the server's EXP rates while making dozens of low levels gather within a small AoE's range to benefit from it.
I don't really think it's the fault of the people being ganked that other people decide to be assholes.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:46 pm

Normally you'd be lucky to get a single player with a loose infernal. Tents are retarded.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Wed Feb 08, 2023 7:57 pm

Again, the fact that it makes it easier for someone to be a dick doesn't mean that it isn't the dick's fault.

Geojak
Has liked: 27 times

Post by Geojak » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:31 am

getting killed by an infernal in goldshire makes the game feel alive and dangerous. even when i died to it i wasnt even mad, its fun!
Getting killed by theremus in SW for once was fun too. just see the madness is hilaroius.
and so was the blood pandemie when hunters used to bring the disesase from hakkar.

now these have all ben nerfed and severly punished. makign the game more and more stale and monotonous.

Yes, killing lobies again and again, everday nfernal by another warlock, or for more than 15 minutes. that would massively suck.
but once in a while its acutally exciting.

its all about Hardcoe, again. Just make them immune to infernals.

we are killing vanilla with perma banns and over policing. let people play.

why is it always a perma ban? why not 1 month? 2 motnh if they do it again. its too extreme
Last edited by Geojak on Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 am

Clearify this for me;

Can a HC character be killed by a dropped infernal, without being flagged for PVP?
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:38 am

i vaguely remeber the devs already implemented something to make this impossible.
Last edited by Geojak on Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:41 am

viewtopic.php?p=16870&hilit=infernal#p16870 same drama from 1 year ago.
lots of infos still relevant

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:12 am

Geojak wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:31 am
getting killed by an infernal in goldshire makes the game feel alive and dangerous. even when i died to it i wasnt even mad, its fun!
Getting killed by theremus in SW for once was fun too. just see the madness is hilaroius.
and so was the blood pandemie when hunters used to bring the disesase from hakkar.

now these have all ben nerfed and severly punished. makign the game more and more stale and monotonous.

Yes, killing lobies again and again, everday nfernal by another warlock, or for more than 15 minutes. that would massively suck.
but once in a while its acutally exciting.

its all about Hardcoe, again. Just make them immune to infernals.

we are killing vanilla with perma banns and over policing. let people play.

why is it always a perma ban? why not 1 month? 2 motnh if they do it again. its too extreme

Getting killed by infernal is fun?
Speak for yourself, bro

Feebas233

Post by Feebas233 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:30 am

From what i have heard, that guy is a well-known scumbag who have been devoting his time to make other people's gameplay as miserable as possible. He have been getting away with his griefing because 'he has been playing here for long' blah blah...
He must think he is invincible from rules as he keep griefing both HC and unflagged ppl. Now his luck ran out.
Honestly, i am surprised guy like him only got banned this late despite injecting his toxic behaviour to the community for this long.
Nobody will miss him that much as fewer scumbags from games make the community better

Tamm

Post by Tamm » Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:51 pm

Spawning infernals in lowbie hubs is one of vanilla lock features.
Being banned for that is a meme and facepalm

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:40 pm

Tamm wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:51 pm
Rules against griefing are clearly stated and warned. You break it, you got banned. End of story.
Don't like the rules? Perhaps, there are other classic servers you would enjoy

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:28 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 3:40 pm
Tamm wrote:
Rules against griefing are clearly stated and warned. You break it, you got banned. End of story.
If you use that you can justify to opose any kind of changes. Don't like your salary just quit. Don't like your government just move. Don't like the balance just play a, different game. Cmon. What's the point of discussing anything with such a mindset

Feebas233

Post by Feebas233 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:39 pm

People are seriously complaining because griefing and making other people's game play miserable have consequences?
What kind of twisted logic is that?

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:33 pm

Remmo87 wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 am
Clearify this for me;

Can a HC character be killed by a dropped infernal, without being flagged for PVP?
Once the infernal is no longer enslaved, it becomes a normal mob which will attack any player.

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:38 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:33 pm
Remmo87 wrote:
Clearify this for me;

Once the infernal is no longer enslaved, it becomes a normal mob which will attack any player.
A level 60 hostile mob that'll attack any player.

Remmo87

Post by Remmo87 » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Andromath wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:38 pm
Gantulga wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:33 pm
Remmo87 wrote:
Clearify this for me;

A level 60 hostile mob that'll attack any player.

Yikes... If it wasnt a server with HC characters, id have no problem with that happening once in a while,
but there should be done something so it wont kill HC players imo.
I dont know if it can be done so it is not hostile to HC chars. Dno..
Morgruk - Orc Shaman
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You think you do, but perhaps maybe 100% you don't not do.
Or... some of you might actually perhaps most surely do actually anyway, still.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:58 pm

I'm honestly tired of kneejerk negative changes (like the idiotic buff to guards) and extreme bans handed out to players who merely use their skill set. All to appeal to a minority "playing" a custom game mode by AFKing under tents.

Stop crippling the game and its players to appeal to HCs.

Lightwave

Post by Lightwave » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:08 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 4:28 pm
Jongyi wrote:
Tamm wrote:
If you use that you can justify to opose any kind of changes. Don't like your salary just quit. Don't like your government just move. Don't like the balance just play a, different game. Cmon. What's the point of discussing anything with such a mindset
Your argument is terrible, don't make a false equivalence.
Leaving a country takes a significant investment of time, energy, and money.
Getting a new job can also be a major hurdle.
Finding a different WoW server is a google search away.

When you get a job, you agree to the employer's rules. If you don't like the rules and decide to break them, you get fired.
If you think your government's laws are dumb and break them, you go to jail.

We all agree to Turtle WoW's rules by playing on the server. Break those rules, you get banned.
Dropping an Infernal on low level players (hardcore or not) is EXPLICITLY FORBIDDEN in the server rules.
viewtopic.php?p=12799#p12799

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:26 pm

Gantulga wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 5:58 pm
I'm honestly tired of kneejerk negative changes (like the idiotic buff to guards) and extreme bans handed out to players who merely use their skill set. All to appeal to a minority "playing" a custom game mode by AFKing under tents.

Stop crippling the game and its players to appeal to HCs.
You must be kidding. HC are also players and make up nearly the half of playerbase.
Why HC must suffer the griefing, toxicity of some assholes and trolls if they are not pvp-flagged.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:32 pm

Jongyi wrote:
Tamm wrote:
I think it's safe to say that "Don't go out of your way to make other people have a bad day." is a rule most places.

Ziggyw

Post by Ziggyw » Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:27 am

Just simple compare to RL
Even during a war, fully equipped soldier (high lvl char) going into enemy territory, looking for school, nursery or other area with kids (low lvl char) and killing them - is considered as war crime and punished by most of civilised countries - even if these kids are carrying weapons (pvp flagged lowbie) - it can be still considered as crime. Going to low level area looking for lowbies to gank - IMHO it's a clear sign someone got serious sanity problem and should be separated from other people.
What's funny - it most often happens within alliance "players" ... why ? really can't understand, considering whole idea of alliance, with "holy" paladins and all that "goodness" being fundamental for RP alliance - for me if someone choose to play on alliance side - should consider himself as someone playing on "good side", with honour and pride (probably that's why most of WoW servers have ally community much better organised and managed, with just chaos on horde side)
Can understand ganking over similar level - lets say within 5, maybe 10 lvl difference - ok, happens
But killing someone who cannot even scratch you ? Seriously anyone can say there is an honour in killing even pvp tagged chars which are 30-40-50 lvls lower ? Seriously someone can be proud to announce "killed today x enemies ... all 10-20 lvls, and i'm 60 ... they couldn't even touch me" ?
Everyone considering it as normal - do you think bullying is a good thing and should be allowed in RL ?

IMHO to allow people enjoy game, 2 simple rules should apply
1. entering low lvl zone (lets say starting zones) - any char auto comes into PVE mode, without any possibility to attack other players - doesnt matter friend or foe
2. even targeting or attacking other player with more than agreed lvl difference shouldn't be possible or maybe should be just ineffective ?
Of course - exceptions apply - for example within capital cities to allow defence during raids on fraction leaders

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Fri Feb 10, 2023 8:16 am

I couldn't be bothered to to laborious sift through every single post from people protesting the ban in this thread, so I'll return the favor by sparing everyone the trouble of reading a long-winded post from myself.

Rules are clear, they were pushed and pushed and pushed for a long time, and finally they were pushed enough to warrant a ban. You'll all get over the dude's ban. Please continue to cry about why you think the rules should be different. If you don't like rules being enforced, find another server.
Dyland wrote:
Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 am
Why is it okay for a max level alliance druid to kill me over and over by crossroads but it's not okay to drop an infernal on a low level player?
Because you being ganked isn't against the rules, and knowingly, repeatedly bypassing game mechanic safety nets to kill unflagged players (BONUS: for the sole purpose of negatively impacting others players' gameplay experience) is. I'm glad I could clear up that very difficult interpretation of the rules for you.