Turtle WoW team recruiting?

Stegblob

Turtle WoW team recruiting?

Post by Stegblob » Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:23 pm

I apologize if this is a bad place for this question but I’ve tried reaching out in several different ways to no avail. Is the team currently recruiting for any narrative positions? I’m a senior writer/quest designer for an indie video game team and I’d love to write for some world of Warcraft stuff.

Any help would be pretty bad arse, thanks.

Andromath

Re: Turtle WoW team recruiting?

Post by Andromath » Sun Feb 05, 2023 12:01 am

viewtopic.php?t=4151

Unfortunately, they don't seem to be recruiting for narrative positions at this time. Just game-masters and Modellers. I do wonder about the structure of the narrative design team now that you bring it up.

Stegblob

Post by Stegblob » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:27 am

I haven't played much of Turtle WoW but it seems like they don't wholesale make new quests, but rather are mostly editing old ones? Maybe I'm mistaken with that. It's really cool though and I've always dreamed about designing questlines zone-by-zone for an MMO, or at least an MMO as high fidelity as even classic WoW.

Andromath

Post by Andromath » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:46 am

I've been playing for a few days, and they have made new quests. The Goblin and High Elf starting area's would be good examples, but you can find some others sprinkled around. For example, leveling in Elwynn, I killed some Murlocs and they dropped a ring which started a quest to take it to the mage trainer to have a curse lifted from it, which rewarded a low level ring.

Syrathegreat

Post by Syrathegreat » Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:50 am

Stegblob wrote:
Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:27 am
I haven't played much of Turtle WoW but it seems like they don't wholesale make new quests, but rather are mostly editing old ones? Maybe I'm mistaken with that. It's really cool though and I've always dreamed about designing questlines zone-by-zone for an MMO, or at least an MMO as high fidelity as even classic WoW.
There's new zones and full new questlines turtle_in_love
Juniper <Gnomish Cosmonaut Corps> - Hunter | Gnome | 54 | War Mode | S&S
Kyra - Warrior | Night Elf | 25 | HC | S&S | Lorekeeper
Kolgra - Warrior | Orc | 31 | War Mode | S&S
Merry - Paladin | Dwarf | 29 | HC

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:04 am

There are many new quests and new areas present in Turtle Wow. I'd check out the various threads about patches to see some of them.

viewtopic.php?t=4442

I assume they're not recruiting for their narrative team as they just recruited a new member into it.

You still can make quests using the quest making tool and submit them. I don't recall exactly how that's done so I'd ask the devs in the discord
Nodoba Level 60 Hunter
Wolf Council (Officer) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Vanguard of <Wrath of the Forsaken>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Faidonied13

Post by Faidonied13 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:13 pm

I haven't played Turtle WoW much, but I can tell that they make new quests and edit old ones. They try to make the game more varied and exciting. Have you been dreaming about developing quest lines for a long time? It requires a lot of creativity and patience. I sometimes write scripts, and in order to have enough time for this, I use the https://edusson.com/write-my-speech website where the authors write me amazing speech. Going to college and balancing hobbies isn't easy, so help is always welcome.
Last edited by Faidonied13 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reptilewow

Post by Reptilewow » Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:06 pm

Easiest way to go about it is probably to just send them an email at:

[email protected]

If that works, just know that I don't accept monetary compensation for my help. But you can always name a quest after me, if you really can't stop yourself.

Good luck.