New locations leveling

Blaut

New locations leveling

Post by Blaut » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:09 pm

I think I understood why the new locations are not as popular as they could be.

There is no pfQuest data for them. I tried to leveling on the island of Lapidis and in 2,5 hours I didn't meet anyone. The 2,5 hours themselves were spent very inefficiently. Constantly checking the quest log is exhausting. Especially when alternative in old well known locations. Dropped it so as not to waste time.

You may return to these locations when the goal is to complete all the quests in the game, but no more than that. Very sorry. Locations are made great!

Shamma

Re: New locations leveling

Post by Shamma » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:36 pm

pfQuest Turtle addin is community driven. Everybody is welcome to add in data for the new locations and extend the addon.

Blaut

Post by Blaut » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:32 pm

Yes, it's a pity. Such outstanding content mostly stays as advertising.

I don't know about making addons, but maybe the developers have a way to update the pfquest base without a lot of work?

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:37 pm

I think it's worth mentioning that you don't need a questing addon to actually enjoy the new leveling content. I for one refuse to ever use a questing addon even after 18 years of playing the game, but my point isn't to boast or present a holier than thou attitude. It's to reassure you that you needn't lament this lack of addon support.

As for why it doesn't have said addon support, I don't think updating a quest addon is quite as high a priority for addon devs or server devs, as it's completely possible to be able to play Turtle as vanilla was originally intended, and that's discovering quests and exploring new areas and content.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:37 pm
I think it's worth mentioning that you don't need a questing addon to actually enjoy the new leveling content. I for one refuse to ever use a questing addon even after 18 years of playing the game, but my point isn't to boast or present a holier than thou attitude. It's to reassure you that you needn't lament this lack of addon support.

As for why it doesn't have said addon support, I don't think updating a quest addon is quite as high a priority for addon devs or server devs, as it's completely possible to be able to play Turtle as vanilla was originally intended, and that's discovering quests and exploring new areas and content.
WOW. A man of culture. This is too much to ask from the Tinder generation.

Aluap

Post by Aluap » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:47 am

Is there a way to tell what levels are for each of the new zones? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere? These zones and the existing zone additions are why I rolled on Turtle. I’m still a low level but I won’t want to miss them not knowing I could’ve gone to them way earlier.

Blaut

Post by Blaut » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:55 am

Shamma wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 pm
How arrogant! Tinder or not, but in new locations no one leveling while others locations have a queues for some quest mobs.

Blaut

Post by Blaut » Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:58 am

Aluap wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:47 am
Is there a way to tell what levels are for each of the new zones? I don’t see it mentioned anywhere? These zones and the existing zone additions are why I rolled on Turtle. I’m still a low level but I won’t want to miss them not knowing I could’ve gone to them way earlier.
Lapidis Isle 48 - 53 lvls
Tel'Abim Island 54-60 lvls

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:47 pm

Blaut wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 9:55 am
Shamma wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:57 pm
How arrogant! Tinder or not, but in new locations no one leveling while others locations have a queues for some quest mobs.
I can be even more arrogant, but in this case I was actually sort of agreeing with u. U r absolutely right, about the fact that if pfquest displayed the quests on the new islands, there will be more ppl there.

On the other hand - y, u have no idea about making addons, otherwise u would know how ignorant u are to request the turtle devs to pour any effort into updating pfquest. Even after I told u - it is an independent project.

Sylveria

Post by Sylveria » Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:47 pm

When you don't know what level a certain area is, do it the old-fashioned way: Go there and check the level of the first mob you see. :)
I'm kinda the same as Redmagejoe. Never used any questing addon in my 18.. almost 19(?)yrs of WoW.

Kosmion

Post by Kosmion » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:48 pm

Tried Tel'Abim and it was awesome!
Sure a bit annoying that pfquest dont work, but I quickly found my way back to the ol fashioned way of just asking people

Blaut

Post by Blaut » Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:27 am

Updated the base for both new locations! Hurray!

https://shagu.org/pfQuest-turtle/

I'd say I went there to leveling, but it's too late for me. But as a new character, I'll definitely look into it, especially since the new quests usually have great rewards.