HC Challenge - Duos

Vangaard

HC Challenge - Duos

Post by Vangaard » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:37 pm

So i convinced my brother to try this HC challenge with me. Neither of us have touched this game since Wotlk first came out back in 2000's and didnt stay long for that expansion, mainly TBC. Even then my brother was more into TBC then i was. Vanilla was what i liked. Then just awhile ago i seen allot of people trying this challenge and it really got me intrigued. I am going to try it alone as well, maybe include iron man challenge as well.

My question is, i've heard as a duo HC challenge you may trade between each other and may help each other out with quests and professions as long as we are lvling together and progress at the same rate. seeing as how Turtle WoW has a built in challenge, if we were to accept the "stay a while and listen" quest would it immobile us from actually working together for the same common goal? How does DUOS work withen the challenge ? i am sure my brother and I would love to have the chance to own the title and steed that comes with the rigorous sweaty nerd play sttyle of recognition.

I apologize if others asked this redundant question as well. would just like to beable to have the full capabilities we are allowed with out complications.

Kefke

Re: HC Challenge - Duos

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:43 pm

Interested in the answer to this myself. A friend and I have talked about doing a hardcore duo. Not sure if there's a built-in mechanic for it or it's on the honor system. Though, if there isn't a built in way to set up a duo, it seems like having it so that being in a party and accepting the hardcore challenge quest (or would it need to be a new quest?) together through the game's "join in" function would be a good way to do it.

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:53 pm

So long as you have both accepted the HC challenge you can group and trade with each other provided +-5 levels of each other. Its even possible to do dungeons provided all are within the same level range.

Assuming this is what you're asking about and I'm not misreading this
Nodoba Level 50ish Hunter
Packleader (GM) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Member of <Shards of the Black Opal>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Vangaard

Post by Vangaard » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 pm

I seen in the HC rules it has set for personal HC challenge but as a duo it seems like there are some stipulations that may heed your DUO team. So maybe its just both accept the HC quest and then just work on your self in a DUO group which is ok, just seems to hinder the DUO aspect. we've been talking for the past hours deciding on our race and professions and what we can do but then in the rules it seems to make it a personal gain. which kinda defeats the purpose of our Duo Challenge.
In any case maybe its just better to go with the honor system and just record or if you can stream the process??? IDK would love some insight on what others have done.

Vangaard

Post by Vangaard » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:59 pm

@pistol

I am sure what you have replied with is an answer i was looking for.

Maybe the way i read the rules was what confused me.
I appreciate the reply. Good luck with your endeavors.

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:02 am

Pistol wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:53 pm
So long as you have both accepted the HC challenge you can group and trade with each other provided +-5 levels of each other. Its even possible to do dungeons provided all are within the same level range.

Assuming this is what you're asking about and I'm not misreading this
My understanding is that the "official" version of Hardcore duoing has a "if one dies, both die" clause.

Pistol

Post by Pistol » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:46 am

There isn't a "one die-both die" thing in twow but of course you can just do that on the honor system
Nodoba Level 50ish Hunter
Packleader (GM) of <Wolfskull Clan>
Vorick Level 60 Warrior
Member of <Shards of the Black Opal>
And numerous other characters
Editor of the Gutter

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Wed Jan 25, 2023 1:16 am

Vangaard wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:37 pm
So i convinced my brother to try this HC challenge with me. Neither of us have touched this game since Wotlk first came out back in 2000's and didnt stay long for that expansion, mainly TBC. Even then my brother was more into TBC then i was. Vanilla was what i liked. Then just awhile ago i seen allot of people trying this challenge and it really got me intrigued. I am going to try it alone as well, maybe include iron man challenge as well.

My question is, i've heard as a duo HC challenge you may trade between each other and may help each other out with quests and professions as long as we are lvling together and progress at the same rate. seeing as how Turtle WoW has a built in challenge, if we were to accept the "stay a while and listen" quest would it immobile us from actually working together for the same common goal? How does DUOS work withen the challenge ? i am sure my brother and I would love to have the chance to own the title and steed that comes with the rigorous sweaty nerd play sttyle of recognition.

I apologize if others asked this redundant question as well. would just like to beable to have the full capabilities we are allowed with out complications.
U are confusing Classic HC with Turtle HC. These are different and have different rules. U should familiarize yourself with the Turtle HC rules if u plan on doing HC here.

Ryo3000

Post by Ryo3000 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:50 pm

if we were to accept the "stay a while and listen" quest would it immobile us from actually working together for the same common goal? How does DUOS work withen the challenge ?
If you're both HC characters it will not get in the way of your objectives

HC characters can group/trade with other HC characters so long as there's no more than a 5 level difference

But they may never use the auction house, so be aware of that if any of your plans involved making money with auctions

As a tip: Herbalism + Alchemy is considered to be some of the best professions for HC because consumables can save you in a pinch and provide great utility, if you're playing a duo it's probably a good idea to have one of you 2 as a potion crafter

Kefke

Post by Kefke » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:53 pm

Ryo3000 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:50 pm
if we were to accept the "stay a while and listen" quest would it immobile us from actually working together for the same common goal? How does DUOS work withen the challenge ?
If you're both HC characters it will not get in the way of your objectives

HC characters can group/trade with other HC characters so long as there's no more than a 5 level difference

But they may never use the auction house, so be aware of that if any of your plans involved making money with auctions

As a tip: Herbalism + Alchemy is considered to be some of the best professions for HC because consumables can save you in a pinch and provide great utility, if you're playing a duo it's probably a good idea to have one of you 2 as a potion crafter
One of the other meta combos is Mining + Engineering, mostly for target dummies, but also for utility.