Challenge: Slow & Steady

User avatar
Shamma
Posts: 468

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Shamma » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm

Semperius wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:57 am
Please remove the death penalty in dungeons, no one wants to lose experience as a tank, or be responsible for dying as a healer. The second day I can't get into dungeons. The waiting time is over 50 minutes.

Image
Forget LFT, roll HC.. U will get into dungeons with ppl who do not like dying.

User avatar
Kefke
Posts: 77

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:53 pm

Shamma wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm
Forget LFT, roll HC.. U will get into dungeons with ppl who do not like dying.
Can confirm. I do not like dying on my Hardcore alt.

Semperius
Posts: 6

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Semperius » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:35 pm

Kefke wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:53 pm
Shamma wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm
Forget LFT, roll HC.. U will get into dungeons with ppl who do not like dying.
Can confirm. I do not like dying on my Hardcore alt.
Not all players are that good. Making mistakes and dying is okay. Newbies come to the server, they also want to get gaming experience. It's a pity that the developers killed low-level dungeons.

User avatar
Kefke
Posts: 77

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:44 pm

Semperius wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:35 pm
Kefke wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:53 pm
Shamma wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:19 pm
Forget LFT, roll HC.. U will get into dungeons with ppl who do not like dying.
Can confirm. I do not like dying on my Hardcore alt.
Not all players are that good. Making mistakes and dying is okay. Newbies come to the server, they also want to get gaming experience. It's a pity that the developers killed low-level dungeons.
I'm actually a newbie myself. I played a little bit back in the day, but never got very far. Turtle is my first time having a character that made it past the first few zones. For me, playing on Hardcore is a way to improve my skills. The high penalty for dying means that I have to put a lot of thought into what content I do, how I approach it, and how I make use of the tools the game gives me. Sure, I've had to restart the character a few times, but I end up learning something from each death, and understanding why I died that time, instead of just throwing myself at a brick wall until I get through it, which I think has helped me immensely in becoming a better player.

Semperius
Posts: 6

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Semperius » Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:51 pm

I'm sorry what are you doing not in the hardcore forum thread? Thank you, I already understand your point of view. No need to repeat.

User avatar
Kefke
Posts: 77

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Kefke » Tue Jan 24, 2023 11:02 pm

I'm not sure you do. I'm saying that it's not just for players who are already good at the game. Having an extra challenge can be an incentive to improve, and look at what went wrong when you die so that you can figure out how to avoid it next time.

Because ultimately, Slow and Steady is a lot like Hardcore - a self-imposed challenge. If you don't like the penalties, you're allowed to drop it. If not, then also like with Hardcore, you accept that it will make the game more difficult, and places an expectation on you as the player to master the game and avoid dying. It's very much possible to clear dungeons without party deaths, much less multiple.

Aside from that, I'm sorry if you're having trouble finding people to tank and heal, but S&S players are allowed to group with normal players. So it's not the penalty that's responsible for that.

User avatar
Massie2
Posts: 36

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Massie2 » Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:23 am

The only reason I support this change, would not be to incentivize more people to queue up.

But rather to prevent whiny people from quitting a dungeon after dying (to their own fault) because "I lost too much xp, its not worth it bye".

Xudo
Posts: 195

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Xudo » Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:32 am

Massie2 wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:23 am
The only reason I support this change, would not be to incentivize more people to queue up.

But rather to prevent whiny people from quitting a dungeon after dying (to their own fault) because "I lost too much xp, its not worth it bye".
I don't think that this should and can be prevented.
If they don't lose xp, they would pretend they lose money for repairs. Same thing.
Whiny people will whine. They just need an occasion.
Semperius wrote:
Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:35 pm
Not all players are that good. Making mistakes and dying is okay. Newbies come to the server, they also want to get gaming experience. It's a pity that the developers killed low-level dungeons.
Developers do all right. Low level dungeons pop often, they are not "killed" in any sense of the word.
There is a problem in finding tank, but it is not related to xp penalty for death.
Not everyone do Slow&steady afterall and you are not forced to do it.
Xudo - tauren warrior 19 Sergeant. Consumed by real life.
No 60 lvl character.
Applying enchant to item should increase required level
Change low level brackets
Add lvl requirement to bandages

Have fun not only at 60.

Semperius
Posts: 6

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Semperius » Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:26 am

Well, you can't go against the flow. The rest seem to be fine with it. Will have to play solo until 60. Only 4 levels left. Sadly.

PS. Oh yeah, 5% on 56, or gold to repair is a very fair comparison.

User avatar
Shamma
Posts: 468

Re: Challenge: Slow & Steady

Post by Shamma » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:05 pm

Semperius wrote:
Wed Jan 25, 2023 11:26 am
Well, you can't go against the flow. The rest seem to be fine with it. Will have to play solo until 60. Only 4 levels left. Sadly.

PS. Oh yeah, 5% on 56, or gold to repair is a very fair comparison.
I cannot feel any compassion for u. U chose the glyph. U knew what it does. U do not like the penalty - why pick up the glyph?

Post Reply