Reckoning Issue

Soulforged

Reckoning Issue

Post by Soulforged » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:21 am

Hello,

After 5 points in reckoning talent and trying to proc, it doesn't seem to work at all. I 've read a previous post here in the Paladin section saying its broken and completely useless.
Opening a ticket it was asked from me to present proof in github, which (call me dumb) but i don't understand how i can provide it.
Could other paladins confirm that it doesn't work at all in case i am wrong?
If yes, how can we bring to the a developer's attention?

Thank you:)

Kairion

Re: Reckoning Issue

Post by Kairion » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:26 am

There are two things at play here you might or might not know about reckoning:
1. In classic Reckoning (And Warriors Bloodcraze/Enrage) do not proc when sitting down. This was only added in TBC - so sitting down to force procs does not work.
2. Turtle nerfed Reckoning from stacking more than one additional Hit at a time to not be abused in PvP.

So i think it works as expected. Its just not very good ;)

Soulforged

Post by Soulforged » Fri Jan 20, 2023 11:28 am

Oh i see, well thank you for the info:)

Eierdotter

Post by Eierdotter » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am

Hmm so 5 points investment to have a like 5% dmg increase.
i assume mobs have a 5% crit chance, higher if lvl difference is higher.

i tried to farm stacks with sitting down to then oneshot mobs while levelling. did not work as explained above so i switched to ret since it is useless in the nerfed state.

my conclusion is that prot is a endgame spec for fringe cases.
you can tank lower levels probably better as ret
you use like 50% of mana as ret
you deal at least 100% more dmg as ret
blocking does not enough dmg to aoe farm efficiently

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:24 am

Eierdotter wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:50 am
Define efficient. With Prot you can end fights with 5 mobs at once with 100% mana even while using your skills, which means no downtime. If you factor in how long it takes to kill things with Holy Shield and auto attacking, and divide that by the number of mobs you kill at once, then compare that to the time to kill one thing with ret + downtime from drinking, I think you will find that Prot is the more efficient farming build.

Eierdotter

Post by Eierdotter » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:28 pm

well i was oom after every group as prot
and i barely need to drink as ret 🤷

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:30 pm

Eierdotter wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:28 pm
well i was oom after every group as prot
and i barely need to drink as ret 🤷
I can clear roughly 40 mobs in 2 mins as Prot. Ret can't come close. That's with zero down time bar the casting of 2 Holy Lights. I'm not even close to pre-raid BiS either so I assume it gets crazier once you get more spell damage and more reactive damage.
Ret has its better uses such as caster mobs but Prot/Ret with a bunch of proc items like Hanzo Sword, Fiery Blaze, reactive damage trinkets and shield spikes makes short order of any physical mobs and can trivialise certain elites too.
If you are ending fights with zero mana as Prot, it's purely down to how you play, not due to the class.