Writing a Hardcore Completionist Questing Guide

Blueage

Writing a Hardcore Completionist Questing Guide

Post by Blueage » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:38 am

Hello,

I'm pretty new to Turtle WoW. It's been a lot of fun exploring all the new content, though admittedly I haven't gotten very far yet. I also fell in love with Hardcore Mode and can't imagine playing WoW any other way now.

Anyway, I decided to write a questing guide for HC players. While eventually I would love to make my own addon (I'm very new to coding), for now I am using the TourGuideVanilla addon. Hopefully there's some interest in this sort of thing.

At the moment, I've finished the guide for Goblins from level 1 to 10 (12 if the player completes all optional sections).

I explain most of this in the guide, but this is not so much a power-leveling guide. While it was a major goal of mine to optimize the quest routes, I am not perfect and there's always room for improvement. More importantly, I want to include as many quests as possible which may require that the player go a little out of their way occasionally. However, efficiency is a focus.

The addon uses coordinates in conjunction with TomTom Vanilla. The addon also works with Pfquest Turtle. I'd recommend turning off the Pfquest directional arrow and quest log (TourGuide tracks quests automatically), but the minimap modes are very useful.

I DID NOT CREATE ANY OF THESE ADDONS.
THE GUIDE ONLY WORKS FOR NEW GOBLIN CHARACTERS (for now)

Downloads
TourGuideVanilla for Turtle
TomTomVanilla
pfQuest
pfQuest-turtle

If you try out this guide, please feel free to ask any questions or offer any suggestions on how I can improve the experience.

Thank you

Isaashmead621

Re: Writing a Hardcore Completionist Questing Guide

Post by Isaashmead621 » Tue Apr 25, 2023 3:01 pm

Blueage wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:38 am
Hello,

I'm pretty new to Turtle WoW. It's been a lot of fun exploring all the new content, though admittedly I haven't gotten very far yet. I also fell in love with Hardcore Mode and can't imagine playing WoW any other way now.

Anyway, I decided to write a questing guide for HC players. While eventually I would love to make my own addon (I'm very new to coding), for now I am using the TourGuideVanilla addon. Hopefully there's some interest in this sort of thing.

At the moment, I've finished the guide for Goblins from level 1 to 10 (12 if the player completes all optional sections).

I explain most of this in the guide, but this is not so much a power-leveling guide. While it was a major goal of mine to optimize the quest routes, I am not perfect and there's always room for improvement. More importantly, I want to include as many quests as possible which may require that the player go a little out of their way occasionally. However, efficiency is a focus.

The addon uses coordinates in conjunction with TomTom Vanilla. The addon also works with Pfquest Turtle. I'd recommend turning off the Pfquest directional arrow and quest log (TourGuide tracks quests automatically), but the minimap modes are very useful.

Downloads
TourGuideVanilla for Turtle
[url=http://shagu.org/pfQuest/]pfQuest

pfQuest-turtle

If you try out this guide, please feel free to ask any questions or offer any suggestions on how I can improve the experience.

Thank you
for some reason the link to github doesnt work for me, can you check and maybe fix it somehow?

Rogzn

Post by Rogzn » Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:43 pm

You could maybe look into VanillaGuide addon.. I starting using it today.. It's based off joanas guide but it's in-game

Fred25

Post by Fred25 » Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:17 pm

Blueage wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:38 am
Hello,

Downloads
I think this is a great guide for beginners. It’s also difficult for me to combine work and study. It's hard when deadlines overlap and you're overloaded. One thing that has really helped me is seeking help from professional services like https://payforessay.net/ They offer reliable support while completing assignments, allowing me to focus on other priorities. It's not about avoiding work, but how to manage it effectively. Using resources like these can save a lot of time. Believe me, it's worth thinking about in those moments when you need help.

Thank you
Thanks!