Apimius

Re: Please actually fix the debuff limit

Post by Apimius » Sun Oct 02, 2022 8:28 pm

+1

Geojak
Has liked: 32 times

Post by Geojak » Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:17 pm

With World buffed scheduled for removal, there is no problem with buffing raids by allowing all speccs to work with debuffs.

+10

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:10 pm

Geojak wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 9:17 pm
With World buffed scheduled for removal, there is no problem with buffing raids by allowing all speccs to work with debuffs.

+10
good point

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:26 pm

+1

May I ask, do hunters use the Mark or poison sting?

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Oct 05, 2022 12:18 am

Markuis wrote:
Sun Oct 02, 2022 10:26 pm
+1

May I ask, do hunters use the Mark or poison sting?
with current debuff limit, only mark is viable to cast. sting is not used ever.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Chnams

Post by Chnams » Wed Oct 05, 2022 9:38 am

Apimius wrote:
Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:30 pm
i think 40 debuffs would be perfect, basicly 1 slot for every person in a 40 man raid grp (and we all know that some specs take more than 1 and some dont take a slot at all)
Just remove the limit entirely. There's strictly no reason for adding an arbitrary limit. Make it 256 or something.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Oct 06, 2022 1:55 pm

yep exactly, because no even 40 is not enough for people to start being affli mages and whatnot with 3 spriests and yada yada. this isnt a balancing concern, its just a technical bug that has been removed now and needs further removing

Unchallenged

Post by Unchallenged » Thu Oct 06, 2022 7:49 pm

Agree!
Streaming On YouTube Here

Arraris

Post by Arraris » Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:51 pm

+1

The TWoW team added a lot of cool utilization to some underloved classes and specs with the latest class changes. But, without a higher debuff limit, it's still very difficult for those "offspecs" to perform to their best - with prot/ret pallies, spriests and aff warlocks as key examples (though shaman, driud and rogues fit in there to a lesser extent). To perform to their best, these specs want to put 2-3 debuffs each on a boss. but that simply isn't a realistic option when there are dozens of other players and only 24 debuff slots to go around.

I would love to see the limit increased, even if it's something like 24 debuffs for 20 man raids and 48 debuffs for 40 man raids - allowing each raider 1 debuff "slot" with some flexibility. But ultimately I think it would be best for the debuff limit to be drastically raised or removed entirely.

Velite

Post by Velite » Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:49 am

Arraris wrote:
Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:51 pm
+1

The TWoW team added a lot of cool utilization to some underloved classes and specs with the latest class changes. But, without a higher debuff limit, it's still very difficult for those "offspecs" to perform to their best - with prot/ret pallies, spriests and aff warlocks as key examples (though shaman, driud and rogues fit in there to a lesser extent). To perform to their best, these specs want to put 2-3 debuffs each on a boss. but that simply isn't a realistic option when there are dozens of other players and only 24 debuff slots to go around.

I would love to see the limit increased, even if it's something like 24 debuffs for 20 man raids and 48 debuffs for 40 man raids - allowing each raider 1 debuff "slot" with some flexibility. But ultimately I think it would be best for the debuff limit to be drastically raised or removed entirely.
Yeah on this point, the game wasn't designed for your group to decide which debuffs need to be used. In that case, you'd obviously you'd prioritize the ones with highest impact. It was designed with the assumption that if you have the mana and global cooldown to do so, you can use it. It's part of your rotation. Just like it is in all other content.
Resident Paladin Expert

Oinkboinkdoink

Post by Oinkboinkdoink » Sun Oct 09, 2022 11:46 pm

+1
Blood and Thunder

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Tue Oct 11, 2022 4:53 pm

Bump

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:26 pm

Bump

Oonadruidqueen

Post by Oonadruidqueen » Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:33 pm

Bump

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Fri Nov 04, 2022 7:17 pm

another bump for the cause
Last edited by Apimius on Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Delmaree

Post by Delmaree » Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:03 pm

+1

Luminiera

Post by Luminiera » Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:23 pm

+

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:20 pm

I do not know whether I agree. Probably, but not absolutely clear cut for me. What I definitely want to know however is - What does Torta and the staff think about this?

This is a topic surrounding vanilla since its inception.

Knnib4l

Post by Knnib4l » Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:56 am

+1

Pahacsinta

Post by Pahacsinta » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:05 am

+

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:06 pm

+1

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:14 pm

Shamma wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 4:20 pm
I do not know whether I agree. Probably, but not absolutely clear cut for me. What I definitely want to know however is - What does Torta and the staff think about this?

This is a topic surrounding vanilla since its inception.
Well since they upped from 16 to 24, but only because they were able to add default UI support for showing the debuffs... I think that alone is whats important to them, for us to be able to see all the debuffs, and that otherwise they are open to raising.

This is why I lead them to my OP where i say this prio of theirs is bizzare and nobody else really agrees. Right now, non-default UI players like luna and pfUI enjoyers, currently only see 16 debuffs. And guess what, it's fineeeeeee. Nobody cares.

Now is the time to actually fix the limit.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:51 pm

SoM also did away the debuff limit and it did just show the debuffs in decreasing order of importance. Cutting out after a certain number of debuffs. Not seeing ones dots might be a bit annoying, bbut i'd rather have an addon and be able to use my dots than not use them at all

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:08 pm

bump

Seltsamuel

Post by Seltsamuel » Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:25 pm

The debuff cap was not well thought out to begin with. Have 40 people in a raid but only 16 debuff slots. Who would think that up and say: "Yup! That is Good!"

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:38 am

This discussion is utterly pointless. This topic has been chewed and digested more times over the years than there are ppl playing on Turtle. The staff have an opinion and them actually changing the debuff slots shows this is already on their radar. Nothing that is going to be said here will affect them in any way or bring news to them.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:01 am

Shamma wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 1:38 am
This discussion is utterly pointless. This topic has been chewed and digested more times over the years than there are ppl playing on Turtle. The staff have an opinion and them actually changing the debuff slots shows this is already on their radar. Nothing that is going to be said here will affect them in any way or bring news to them.
priorities are not set in stone. If a topic gets a ton of interest and discussion, this may be whats needed to convince someone and adjust priorities.

Please stop trying to police discussion. You can get away with doing this in your own threads, don't do it in mine.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:22 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:01 am
Please stop trying to police discussion. You can get away with doing this in your own threads, don't do it in mine.
U r right. I am sorry. This was insensitive of me.

Trymv1

Post by Trymv1 » Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:37 am

Seltsamuel wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:25 pm
The debuff cap was not well thought out to begin with. Have 40 people in a raid but only 16 debuff slots. Who would think that up and say: "Yup! That is Good!"
It was a technical limitation in the game itself, hence why it started as 8 even before raising to 16 later in the Vanilla life cycle.

Also why SoM dropped it immediately.

Ukkoso

Post by Ukkoso » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:14 pm

+

Velite

Post by Velite » Sun Nov 27, 2022 12:16 am

It should go, and if the game is significantly changed from where things "should be" with respect to raiding content (where this change is only going to have the most impact), then adjustments should be made in areas which make sense within the game, not technical limitations.
Resident Paladin Expert

Frelancr42

Post by Frelancr42 » Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 pm

Hi, new to Twow. Has the debuff limit been raised recently? I'm considering rolling a lock as it is my fav class but don't want to level to 60 just to get shut out of raids.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:00 pm

Frelancr42 wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:51 pm
Hi, new to Twow. Has the debuff limit been raised recently? I'm considering rolling a lock as it is my fav class but don't want to level to 60 just to get shut out of raids.
Warlocks have never been shut out of raids neither here nor on vanilla/classic. They have always been welcome to all raids. The issue was/is only that u need to be specced demonic sacrifice and use shadowbolt, not dots.

Baiking

Post by Baiking » Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:26 pm

So has this been fixed or no?? wanna play shadow priest but not really feeling it if im not allowed to play my class max lvl.

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Dec 22, 2022 9:00 pm

Baiking wrote:
Thu Dec 22, 2022 7:26 pm
So has this been fixed or no?? wanna play shadow priest but not really feeling it if im not allowed to play my class max lvl.
Nope. This change could take 2 minutes for them to do in the vmangos config yet they just still refuse to do it. I have no clue why they will not make this change.