Show Healing

Trifke

Show Healing

Post by Trifke » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm

REALLY TURTLE DEVS???!!? REALLY??!! You have added so much custom content so much nice things i really enjoy it ,but i cant believe you did not fix/add thing that is so annoying about vanilla-is that you cant see healing when you heal someone other than yourself.Dont tell me there are addons that can show you healing , i know about it and they all suck those scrolling battle text sh*t addons i cant stand them.Besides theres not much space for addons since vanila client is bottlenecked low memory or something.Anyway im not into coding and shit but adding "normal" healing visual which every expansion but vanilla have shouldn't be hard at all ,right? Developer opinion on difficulty off adding such "feature" and dev opinion for turtle 1.14 client support difficulty with all the custom content would be appreciated below!
Last edited by Trifke on Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shamma

Re: Show Healing

Post by Shamma » Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:29 pm

Trifke wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm
REALLY TURTLE DEVS???!!? REALLY??!! You have added so much custom content so much nice things i really enjoy it ,but i cant believe you did not fix/add thing that is so annoying about vanilla-is that you cant see healing when you heal someone other than yourself.Dont tell me there are addons that can show you healing ,f*** you and go die, i know about it and they all suck those scrolling battle text sh*t addons i cant stand them.Besides theres not much space for addons since vanila client is bottlenecked low memory or something.Anyway im not into coding and shit but adding "normal" healing visual which every expansion but vanilla have shouldn't be hard at all ,right? Developer opinion on difficulty off adding such "feature" and dev opinion for turtle 1.14 client support difficulty with all the custom content would be appreciated below!
U are about to get your thread deleted. Bye have a good day!

Geojak
Has liked: 21 times

Post by Geojak » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:49 pm

The words "I am not into coding" and "shouldn't be hard at all" combined shouldn't be allowed

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:50 pm

(accidental double post)
Last edited by Geojak on Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

Rokit

Post by Rokit » Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:56 pm

Be nicer next time
Rokitt - High Elf Priest

Trifke

Post by Trifke » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:21 pm

Geojak wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:49 pm
The words "I am not into coding" and "shouldn't be hard at all" combined shouldn't be allowed
Not sure what part you didn't understand ,i gave my opinion well not even opinion but rather assumption which is not supported by knowledge of the subject ,and that is exactly why i asked for developer opinion.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:33 am

You can try the addon Mike scolling battle text to display your outgoing healing numbers. It's the best workaround I know of. Atelast you can see the numbers but at a static position not on players head in the word like for dmg

Baess

Post by Baess » Thu Dec 15, 2022 11:22 am

The memory issue with the 1.12 client can be fixed with the 4GB patch and also you can simply set addon memory to 0 for unlimited.

There is nothing in the WoW API to allow healing to be displayed above player/NPC models. Its a client limitation. Devs would have to rewrite the entire game to add it. By Blizzards own admission, the old 1.12 client code is a mess.
Caestielle (Hagreth/Litestep HC)

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Dec 15, 2022 1:19 pm

devs said on multiple accasion that twow with 1.14 classic client is impossible

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Fri Dec 16, 2022 1:19 am

Trifke wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 7:26 pm
but i cant believe you did not fix/add thing that is so annoying about vanilla-is that you cant see healing when you heal someone other than yourself
Did you ever stop to think, for one second, that the reason this change has not been done, is because it isn't possible?

We do not have the source code to 1.12. We can mess with mpq and m2 files and whatnot, and we can customize open soruce fanmade server cores like vmangos to our desired, but we cannot change the client's actual code. This is the reason so many times, the response to things is "sorry, can't do that, technical limitations"
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.