Ideas for new items

Massie2

Re: Ideas for new items

Post by Massie2 » Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Considering Warrior is the class with the best Spirit scaling for health regeneration, it would be interesting to have an option to sacrifice DPS stats and instead make stacking Spirit as a stat viable, which would give the leveling process a unique experience (low dps but high sustain).
Unlike a Diamond Flask healset, this also avoids broken interactions lategame where you can have both the DPS of a geared Warrior AND the sustain of a full healing power set. With this trinket, you would have to commit to it by stacking spirit and thus sacrificing damage, but still leaving room for hybrid builds that rely on temporary buffs (priest buff/ungoro crystal, buff food etc.).

Numbers could be higher for the in-combat regen, but I simply used the troll racial as template for now (Troll racial should stack additively with this).

Reason for locking this behind Warrior-only, is because several classes already actively benefit from Spirit in their spec (i.e. Spirit Tap for priests) and it would be difficult to balance this especially for PvP.

I'm not sure exactly where to obtain this item, because it should be obtainable early enough during leveling i.e. via a class quest, but not too early because trinkets should be relatively rare early game. And because it's a warrior-only item, it shouldn't drop from dungeon bosses, because it will just disappoint other classes when they see it.

Ire

Post by Ire » Wed Nov 02, 2022 7:13 pm

Massie2 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 2:49 pm
Considering Warrior is the class with the best Spirit scaling for health regeneration, it would be interesting to have an option to sacrifice DPS stats and instead make stacking Spirit as a stat viable, which would give the leveling process a unique experience (low dps but high sustain).
Unlike a Diamond Flask healset, this also avoids broken interactions lategame where you can have both the DPS of a geared Warrior AND the sustain of a full healing power set. With this trinket, you would have to commit to it by stacking spirit and thus sacrificing damage, but still leaving room for hybrid builds that rely on temporary buffs (priest buff/ungoro crystal, buff food etc.).

Numbers could be higher for the in-combat regen, but I simply used the troll racial as template for now (Troll racial should stack additively with this).

Reason for locking this behind Warrior-only, is because several classes already actively benefit from Spirit in their spec (i.e. Spirit Tap for priests) and it would be difficult to balance this especially for PvP.

I'm not sure exactly where to obtain this item, because it should be obtainable early enough during leveling i.e. via a class quest, but not too early because trinkets should be relatively rare early game. And because it's a warrior-only item, it shouldn't drop from dungeon bosses, because it will just disappoint other classes when they see it.
This is a great idea, then just add: you are drunk, and drunk effect scales with spirit. So if you stack spirit really high you're absolutely shit faced 😂

Prob should be a similar quest chain to the afray, but in a tavern

Glavorli

Post by Glavorli » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:14 pm

How about we get a proper Database too? turtle_tongue_head
Last edited by Glavorli on Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fizzeek

Post by Fizzeek » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:19 pm

Pretty sure the guy who makes items isn't gonna make a new database.

Glavorli

Post by Glavorli » Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:37 pm

Fizzeek wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:19 pm
Pretty sure the guy who makes items isn't gonna make a new database.
Of course not, but I think its important or not? I mean there are a couple threads on the forum,
and how are we supposed to find an item if our database isnt showing them to us?

I mean if you guys think its not important then Ill be quite but dont u think we need one finally? turtle_tongue

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Thu Nov 03, 2022 1:19 am

The database just needs little improvements so you can search by item type and quality.

Zeyla

Post by Zeyla » Sat Nov 05, 2022 8:58 am

A quest for Stormwind Vaults from Remy in Goldshire, or Remy's assistant Rimy (neutral npc you could add near the horde entrance to SWV) to retrieve some valuable silk cocoons from the spider area in SWV. I believe there is an unused room of spiders that nobody ever enters directly down the initial ramp when you turn right after entering the dungeon and continue straight. You could utilize that room for this quest item.

Pahacsinta

Post by Pahacsinta » Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:07 am

Anything good that is shaman tank loot or ret

Zeyla

Post by Zeyla » Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:49 pm

Here's a couple random tank shaman/ret pally class quest reward ideas for after hitting 60 and taking on some epic quest chain to acquire them, via dungeons and possibly 10/20 man content. Was bored and saw a mention for them, basically :P

I already posted this one a while back, but edited it to include the cooldown in the tooltip, and thought I'd include it here again since it fits the theme of some other items:

Also a few things requested by others for me to make, as well as a couple I had in mind myself:
(probably enough of those for now, i'll leave out the shire arrows that turn the target into a leper gnome and spire arrows that cause extra damage against dragonkin)

That thing you'll keep in the bottom of your quiver in the rare case that you run completely out of ammo and can't restock. It's better than resorting to melee. Also a great thing to acquire for a prot warrior.
Last edited by Zeyla on Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Akarui

Post by Akarui » Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:50 pm

helper for sham tank

Heimdallr

Post by Heimdallr » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:04 pm

I would advise looking for inspirations on WoW Ascension RE(Random enchantment system) and talent changes for purposes of new items, you can always learn a lot. I would strongly like to see some stuff that would allow us to play more than just one great build, for example if I would like to pick an arcane mage or "moon" druid, I would like to have ways to boost my dmg, get new skils or something that would allow me playing that theme.

Example could be a sword dealing arcane DMG so that a mage could utilize it, or sword granting a skill on use that would allow a mage to become some sort of hybrid, not just be there for actual stats, or late game items that would allow druid to be valid arcane or nature dmg dealer if that is not the case ( I heard balance is not very popular)

Good example of a fun item are shoulders from VC, that return 1dmg as arcane...that sounds like a build to try to play, dmg returning character, or even better, arcane dmg overall.

Shamans are a cool class, why no items that would buff or add new skills related to earth for example.

My general point is that items can open new ways of playing, when we don't want to get new skills...and I wish we would (still hitting to these V+ skills)

Isvya

Post by Isvya » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:30 pm

Zeyla wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:49 pm

Love these d2 items <3

Pentheus

Post by Pentheus » Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:06 pm

Dragunovi wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 10:59 pm
Hello there. As you may know I'm the main item maker for custom content and a standalone loottable update encompassing all levels. I made around 150 items and started to run out of ideas for new items. Tell me your crazy (or tame, anything works) ideas and I'll make them reality. Even cool names work for me.
(Technically challenging, innappropriate and overpowered item ideas will be turned down.)
Greetings, I have an idea, would it be possible to upload the turtle wow client for utorrent? there are many people who want to have the client but for certain reasons we cannot have the pc on all day, it would be good if they add a client to utorrent and thus be able to have the game. a pleasure

Zeyla

Post by Zeyla » Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:39 pm

Come to think of it, this thread was started in 2020... not sure devs are even still checking this thread.

Apimius

Post by Apimius » Mon Nov 07, 2022 3:19 pm

Apimius wrote:
Thu Oct 06, 2022 12:06 pm
Idea for a new epic drop in the upcoming scarlet citadel raid:

Sandals of the Suncleric:

+13 stamina +20 intellect
+20 holyspell damage
+2% spellhit
+1% spellcrit

For the model i would go with something similar to this: https://database.turtle-wow.org/?item=4139
I did not find a fitting icon but a normal sandal icon instead would work.

I made this suggestion because there is currently not an epic boots upgrade in raid boss fights for smite priests. The current bis for bosses is Bloodvine Boots which is sadening. If this piece of gear would exist you could finally replace the bloodvine set.

If the itemization is seen as too strong you could remove the 1 % spellcrit chance.

Last edited by Apimius on Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zirek

Post by Zirek » Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:44 pm

The most of the suggestions here very boring . I think some of the new items should be funny or maybe little weird . That's what vanilla is about .

Add something like poisonous food . Placeable item on the ground when players click to it they get poison debuff .

Zeyla

Post by Zeyla » Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:37 pm

Ibux
Has liked: 8 times

Post by Ibux » Sat Nov 19, 2022 9:11 pm

Jack Sparrow's hat.
epic or blue quality. leather only. super low rate drop from pirates. around stranglethorn vale or maybe inside deadmines.
gives you agility, crit and the Escape Artist effect.

Hajache

Post by Hajache » Sat Nov 19, 2022 11:59 pm

I THINK THAT A SERVER LIKE THIS WITH SO MANY CHANGES THAT MAKE THE PLAYER'S LIFE EASIER, NEEDS HUNTERS AT LEVEL 60 TO BE ABLE TO BUY BULLETS OR ARROWS... ENGINEERING AND MINING MUST BE MANDATORY TO CREATE 17,5 DAMAGE BULLETS......TO THEN HAVE TO CHANGE THEM FOR ARROWS, I THINK IT'S TIME TO CHANGE IT.

MAKE BULLETS/ARROWS 17,5 DAMAGE PURCHASABLE FROM A VENDOR...... OR PUT AN AUCTION HOUSE SALE CAP ON IT

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:10 am

This is a bit unrelated but I wonder if there's still item development going on and if the devs are interested in updating some classic gear that remains largely worthless.

There's a fair amount of raid loot, mostly in the early raids like MC and BWL which suffers from very poor itemization and/or lack of direction. Updating such gear could fill some itemization gaps while allowing for more unique options.

If there's interest then perhaps we could get a pinned thread to toss ideas into.

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:48 am

Gantulga wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:10 am
This is a bit unrelated but I wonder if there's still item development going on and if the devs are interested in updating some classic gear that remains largely worthless.

There's a fair amount of raid loot, mostly in the early raids like MC and BWL which suffers from very poor itemization and/or lack of direction. Updating such gear could fill some itemization gaps while allowing for more unique options.

If there's interest then perhaps we could get a pinned thread to toss ideas into.
This is pretty important. Look at T2 or the PVP items on Shamans for an example of garbage stats. Alot of the items could do with relatively aggressive tweaks or even just copying the Paladin equivalents with similar set bonuses but tweaked for shocks. There's alot of those kinds of items like Black Brood Pauldrons that have little purpose as well. I can't think of any use over T2 for hunters and worse than some random blues for shamans.

Gantulga

Post by Gantulga » Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:50 pm

Mekunekud wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:48 am
Gantulga wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 2:10 am

This is pretty important. Look at T2 or the PVP items on Shamans for an example of garbage stats. Alot of the items could do with relatively aggressive tweaks or even just copying the Paladin equivalents with similar set bonuses but tweaked for shocks. There's alot of those kinds of items like Black Brood Pauldrons that have little purpose as well. I can't think of any use over T2 for hunters and worse than some random blues for shamans.
There's a lot of gear like that, and don't forget the BWL class trinkets, some of which are amazing and some are disenchant fodder.

Alrighty2

Post by Alrighty2 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:11 pm

Corrupted spirit leggging
Item Level 71
Binds when picked up
Legs Cloth
90 Armor
+11 Stamina
+12 Interlect
-15 Strength
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 60
Equip: Increases damage done by Shadow spells and effects by up to 65.
(add to BWL OR AQ40 drop)

Mace of Eternal Darkness
Item Level 80
Binds when picked up
Unique
Main Hand Mace
65 - 110 Damage Speed 1.90
(92.67 damage per second)
Durability 75 / 75
Requires Level 60
Equip: Increases damage done by Shadow spells and effects by up to 120 Chance on landing a damaging spell to deal 120 Shadow damage and restore 120 mana to you. (Proc chance: 10%)
(Naxx drops)

Please stop gatekept the cool exciting custom items behind world boss. we got X4 ~x5 times the server size compare to before. all the work putting into these item but only the same 60-80 people in the game (have wboss on lock down, will wpvp or messed the pug in other ways) able to experience it just too sad and waste of work.

Seltsamuel

Post by Seltsamuel » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:53 pm

How about off-hand items that grant a buff to nearby allies? Something similar to Rivindares blade, but not with health regen.

So a banner...
of slaying, granting crit chance to nearby allies.
of defence, granting defence rating to nearby allies
or accuracy, granting to hit to nearby allies
and so on.

Next maybe trinkets that do similar on use, that are not as bad as that one vanilla on. For example trumpets of rage, defiance and so on.

They could be all be crafted by smiths.

Theexpell

Post by Theexpell » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:24 am

A fishing rod with a cooler model than the standard fishing rods that are in the game. The Kalu'ak fishing rod would be really cool to aspire to for those that want to take their fishing to the next level.

https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=4405 ... shing-pole

Also, I really enjoyed the Wotlk fishing daily in dalaran: where you got a bag with random items in it as a reward. It had a small chance to drop two unique fishing poles. They were not the best, but having a flashy fishing pole would make fishing more fun.

Bag:
https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=4600 ... s#comments

Fishingpoles
https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=4599 ... shing-pole
https://www.wowhead.com/wotlk/item=4599 ... shing-pole

FYI, I love fishing and it's mostly what I do in WoW

Schwa

Post by Schwa » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:07 am

i think it would be interesting to have a couple different effects.

some npcs have a curse of torns or curse of reflection. they are in the barrens. it is a chance on hit for no damage to be dealt and for you to take your own damage. being able to negate bursts with a bunch of stacked buff would be fun and would reduce how similar pvp and pve are.

having it reflect different amounts of damage based on the level of the underlying gear would be good. it is a more janky and irregular thorns effect.

another type of effect which would be good is a chance on hit self bubble for set amounts of damage. unlike self heals, self bubbles doesnt break healer's normal game. and this effect can bring more class variety into tanking.

another type of on use effect would be to allow change of resources into one another. for example have a soul drain effect which takes half your health, and puts a hot on you for the amount taken. this stretches out the healing window.
an inverted effect which converts a hot on you to intsant health would be as good. basicly like swift mend but also bringing in renew from priests and breaking healing totems. this could give a bit more self healing to druid tanks.

some weapon which chance on hit will heal a nearby ally. a toned down version of chain heal bounces, for melee shamen.

more items which buff buffs. items which increase duration, charge count, and intensity of buff spells. there should be a set of gear which allows priests to tank.

and there should be sets of gear which increase the performance at a role for other players. like a set of rogue gear which will leach some damage to the tank to the rogue. or a piece which allows a warrior to buff another player into leeching the warrior's threat.

when buffs help others instead of oneself you get more design freedom. even if someone multiboxes, you can make one character become a virtual pet. so two v two through the sacrifice of one, can allow for a ballanced psuedo bossfight.

Zeyla

Post by Zeyla » Sat Dec 10, 2022 7:24 am

Follow-up quest to the Badlands "Fiery Blaze Enchantments" quest. Only available to enchanters.
Quest: "Alternative Materials" - Bring 10 small flame sacs, 1 elemental fire and 1 small radiant shard to Sigrun Ironhew. Reward:

Spriggit

Post by Spriggit » Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:31 pm

How about a change to raid armor for being more spec-inclusive? For example, druid and shaman T1+ armor is all arguably very healing centered, and not too useful for ferals/enhancement types. Why not just slap some str/agi on each piece to give it a bit more universal appeal? they still won't be bis for those specs but at least will have more use to the average shaman/druid. No need to change the set bonuses, just add some str/agi to each so they're closer balanced to, say, the lawbringer T1 set, which all paladins can use to some measureably good degree.

Sephyira

Post by Sephyira » Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:40 pm

This game is really lacking in items and weapons with "x% chance on spellcast" procs. The only ones I can think of are the dagger from mara and the darkmoon card blue dragon. Whereas there's hundreds of weapons with "chance on hit" procs. This makes the game way more fun for melee than for casters.

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Tue Dec 13, 2022 5:24 pm

Spriggit wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 4:31 pm
How about a change to raid armor for being more spec-inclusive? For example, druid and shaman T1+ armor is all arguably very healing centered, and not too useful for ferals/enhancement types. Why not just slap some str/agi on each piece to give it a bit more universal appeal? they still won't be bis for those specs but at least will have more use to the average shaman/druid. No need to change the set bonuses, just add some str/agi to each so they're closer balanced to, say, the lawbringer T1 set, which all paladins can use to some measureably good degree.
T2 could do the same. I mean it'd be easy to implement. Just copy the non-armour stats from T2 Paladin to Druid/Shaman T1 and 2. Same as PvP sets too.

Ahegaokitten

Post by Ahegaokitten » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:09 am

The most needed new items are not even necessarily 'new' per se, but changes / additions to existing items. It would be hugely beneficial if hybrid classes like Druids and Paladins had alternative tier sets for each spec. My initial idea of how this could be done is changing the loot table for MC and BWL to drop tokens like in AQ40 and Naxx which could be traded in to a vendor for the preferred spec. Paladins are in desperate need of a tanking tier equivalent to the Warrior's Wrath set. Without it they will never be viable in late game content without bending over backwards to scrape together random tanking items. The specialization changes were great but they're meaningless until classes get the gear to support them.

Noce

Post by Noce » Tue Mar 14, 2023 5:55 am

i dont know about names and stats, but id love to see some models from tbc/wtolk here. mbe as some reward from pvp/fashion coins. weapon and armor sets. get us a npc who would sell those models, even make it only for xmog. this could keep pvp and pve even more in action.
Nethersteel Claymore - https://tbc-twinhead.twinstar.cz/?item=25167
mbe add some head models from diablo2 would be also gr8. things like: Antlers, Hawk Helm, Mask, Bone Helm, Great Helm, also some cool wpn desingns like: flails, polearms, javelins.

Nerasw

Post by Nerasw » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:33 am

wrists
stats budget is not even fully spent but idk what is the weight for negative stats so i just used that formula (9,68^1,5) - (8^1,5) - (9^1,5) + (8^1,5) > 0 where 9,68 is stats budget for that ilevel and type
mace
spells for on-hit effect:
Fervor
Fire Shield II

my first attempt
for some reason can't make spells to be shown in item preview
idea is: bracers drops in stockades with an item that starts the quest for a recipe for mace

Majestik51

Post by Majestik51 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:42 am

Give Fire Spell Power Enchant to the world!!! turtle_tongue_head smiling_turtle_head turtle_tongue_head smiling_turtle_head
Necromantis - 60 lvl Warlock

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:50 am

My idea for druid weapons for Rank14 grind due to their being none for feral.