Raid Event Calendar / Sign-Ups

Moderator: Gifted

Gifted

Raid Event Calendar / Sign-Ups

Post by Gifted » Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:31 pm

As we continue to progress with raiding and new raiders continue to join us we're regularly turning both new and veteran players away from raids once they fill. Up until now we've been using a 'first come, first served' approach, but the time has come for that to change.

We're now asking raiders to sign-up for raids ahead of time. Raiders who register prior to raids will be given priority for raid slots. You can even sign-up with a 'maybe' option if you're not 100% sure you can make it.

To sign-up for raids you'll need to do the following:
  1. Register with Shivtr
  2. Join the Thunder Ale Brewing Co web site
  3. Sign-up for raids on the event calendar
We're taking this step as an effort to better plan future raids so we know who's coming and what the raid composition looks like (do we have enough tanks, healers, etc...) long before the raid starts.

If you don't want to register with Shivtr and sign-up for raids ahead of time that's fine. But know that raiders who do sign-up ahead of time will be given a raid slot priority over raiders who do not sign-up ahead of time. After that we'll continue with our 'first come, first served' approach to fill the remaining raid slots.

Please post any questions you might have in the replies...

~Gifted

Gifted

Re: Raid Event Calendar / Sign-Ups

Post by Gifted » Tue Apr 14, 2020 1:02 pm

So I've been asked by more than one person how to add all of their characters to the Thunder Ale site so when they sign-up for raids they can choose which character they intend to bring. Here's how to do that...

How do I add characters to my Shivtr / Thunder Ale account?
  1. After following the above steps to register with the Thunder Ale site...
  2. Make sure you're signed-in and go to the Roster page on the Thunder Ale site
  3. Find your name in the roster list (names are listed alphabetically in the left column)
  4. Once you find your name in the left column look at the info in the middle column
  5. Next to 'characters' you'll see a big PLUS sign to add characters to your account
  6. Next time you sign-up for an event it'll give you a list of your characters to choose from
Look forward to seeing everyone at our next raid!

~Gifted

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:10 pm

Please note, if you're signing-up for raids that means you're showing up for raids. Signing-up for raids you do not attend will count against you when determining raiding slots in the future.

~Gifted

Gifted

Post by Gifted » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:27 pm

When are new raids posted?

I try to post new raid events roughly one week (5-7 days) in advance.

If raiders want me to post the events as re-occurring weekly events I can do that, but I'd rather not. Having players who are active during the current week signing-up for raids reduces the number of no-shows significantly.

~Gifted

Hejtr

Post by Hejtr » Wed Jun 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Suggestion. Can we switch MC and BWL nights? There are usually more people online on Saturdays right? Even though we are lately full I still feel we could benefit from it and progress BWL further on Saturday. At least people can stay longer online. Plus if we cant fully handle it, we could continue after MC on Sunday. I heard you guys talking about starting bwl after the MC+Ony on saturdays (if we are fast enough like last time - 2h), that is completely viable option too, but...

I would really like to progress BWl and on Sunday im pretty limited by my timezone, so when the raid goes over 3 hours.... my morning sucks.
Zlodcera - lvl 60 Orc Warlock insidious_turtle
Krasz - lvl 60 Orc Shaman happy_turtle

Stuartemj

Post by Stuartemj » Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:05 pm

As far as I know, these raids always occur when the required number of participants is gathered. Otherwise, they might just get cancelled, am I right? I don't know much about it because my experience as a player is not high enough to know all the nuances. So I would love it if you could tell me all about it. So far, I've learned that this event is not something you should miss because the second time, you may not be included in the team. So I think you should take care of it then. For example, I write down all such things in my planner. It might be useful for you, too, 123calendars.com. I love that they are now making services or apps that help you keep track of all areas of your life.

Brianspilner0

Post by Brianspilner0 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 8:23 am

Stuartemj wrote:
Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:05 pm
As far as I know, these raids always occur when the required number of participants is gathered. Otherwise, they might just get cancelled, am I right? I don't know much about it because my experience as a player is not high enough to know all the nuances. So I would love it if you could tell me all about it. So far, I've learned that this event is not something you should miss because the second time, you may not be included in the team. So I think you should take care of it then. For example, I write down all such things in my planner. It might be useful for you, too, . I love that they are now making services or apps that help you keep track of all areas of your life.
spam