Battery-powered crowd pummeler

Vrerk

Battery-powered crowd pummeler

Post by Vrerk » Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:45 pm

engineering has to be one of the worst professions for druid since you can't use many of the things you can make while shapeshifted, can you make this BoE please so druids don't have to level engineering just for this?

Tamamo-no-Bae

Re: Battery-powered crowd pummeler

Post by Tamamo-no-Bae » Wed Nov 09, 2022 7:38 pm

It's either this, or making Druids able to use stuff while shapeshifted.

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:06 pm

Tailoring ain’t great for warriors, but no one is complaining

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:22 pm

Whalemilk wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:06 pm
i actually have to agree, and there is a option to not have to skill engineering. but i think it may be even more tedious rather than less :-P

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:39 pm

Kairion wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:22 pm
Whalemilk wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:06 pm
i actually have to agree, and there is a option to not have to skill engineering. but i think it may be even more tedious rather than less :-P
Preach brother! Yet another situation here where this happens:

1. Class has a weakness/quirk making lots of ppl unhappy.
2. Class gets a flavorful change/fix for the issue in 1.
3. Ppl get unhappy making u think (why were they even given a straw to grasp on).

Rokit

Post by Rokit » Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:03 am

This being BOP doesn't make a ton of sense.

The goal of the battery powered pummeler is obviously to make druids not have to run a gnomer boss over and over to have a strong build-defining effect on a weapon. The item that feral druids often overlook (except for the two-ish BIS options) because of how rare properly built weapons are for them.

Additionally, they made the smart decision to make the batteries a part of the profession ecnonomy AND a drop from Gnomer for the low lvls and 60s alike who run the instance for the pummeler.

A restriction on who actually holds the Pummeler is unnecessary. The batteries are already restrictive enough to benefit engineers, regardless if you forced the druid to take Engi or not.

Every untransformed raid-member (and many a PVPer) is not-so-gently coerced into being Engineer. We don't need another spec forced into Engi.
Rokitt - High Elf Priest

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:52 am

MCP is THE bis option for any feral outside of tanking hateful strikes. And even in this niche scenario its arguably more useful than alternatives wirh armor.

Not being tied to engineering and freely tradeable means any druid hitting 60, goes to the auction houde and picks up his BiS weapon

Having it require engineering at least ensures you put in some effort to gear your character. And the pummeler once crafted doesnt even require engineering so you are free to drop the profession once you obtained it

Tenant

Post by Tenant » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:59 am

MCP is a gimmick. Gimmick being BiS means poor class/spec design.The battery is just a bandaid.
Devs could add further bandaids, like, I don't know, allow engineers to transform it via trade window or something. But my opinion is that on-use effect should be removed, and proper skill/item changes be made instead.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:35 pm

Tenant wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:59 am
MCP is a gimmick. Gimmick being BiS means poor class/spec design.The battery is just a bandaid.
Devs could add further bandaids, like, I don't know, allow engineers to transform it via trade window or something. But my opinion is that on-use effect should be removed, and proper skill/item changes be made instead.
Agreed

Ugoboom

Post by Ugoboom » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:57 pm

Tenant wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:59 am
I would prefer that +feral AP weapons be made more plentiful as well as buffed to the point that MCP is naturally outclassed by them, like atiesh power on the preraid bis, and buff the existing ones incl atiesh way way way more.

Because I also play spellret, where the point is to use MCP forever, to completely disregard the gear reliance for weapons. Taking MCP away destroys this alt build, and MCP isnt toxic for rets as you can just go hybrid or physret instead, we aren't beholden to it. MCP is a choice for us.
Zaas - 60 High Elf Warrior
Saere - 60 Night Elf Priest
Splendra - 59 Inferno Mode Warlock
I play a few other classes on my friends' accounts.
Slowly leveling a Resto Dryad and a dorf pally with my buddy.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:36 pm

Simply buffing feral ap weapons availability and numbers isn't a smart idea. MCP is worth houndreds of AP and Druid already has access to one of the highest criting spell in the game with Ravage.

Adding flat AP to fix PvE would have to be in such high quantities that Ravage crits in oneshot get ridiculous and it would create scenarios like in diablo 3 where having an item and not having it is literally half the damage you get from your gear.

There is nothing wrong with the current druid weapons except their lacking abundance. But if the druid is expected to only have statstick weapons, his animal forms need to scale better with gear. For instance improve the threshhold for agility to crit conversion or let animals get 3 AP for each point of strength instead of two.
Also a big part of what makes cat so weak is the fact that there is no weapon skill increase for claw attacks. You get shafted by glancings. I think they should consider animal attacks just as Unarmed and add some gear with +Unarmed skill

As for the Paladin, i don't think this has any relevancy whatsoever for the MCP discussion. Before having to enable Spell Retri, Retri baseline needs addressing. And that may very well already solve the problems for Spell retri - Or he can just get any other random weapon with 1.0-1.3 attackspeed and be at about the same level.

Rokit

Post by Rokit » Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:29 pm

Its clear that the best option is a fundamental change in Feral druid gear availability and scaling mechanics.

However, the band-aid pummeler shouldn't require engineering until that happens.
Rokitt - High Elf Priest

Tenant

Post by Tenant » Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:46 am

Ugoboom wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:57 pm
I would prefer that +feral AP weapons be made more plentiful as well as buffed to the point that MCP is naturally outclassed by them, like atiesh power on the preraid bis, and buff the existing ones incl atiesh way way way more.

Because I also play spellret, where the point is to use MCP forever, to completely disregard the gear reliance for weapons. Taking MCP away destroys this alt build, and MCP isnt toxic for rets as you can just go hybrid or physret instead, we aren't beholden to it. MCP is a choice for us.
It's the same situation, if the whole build depends on one single item, it's either shouldn't exist in the first place, or there should be alternative items, providing progression.

As for feral AP, adding it to select items would designate them as druid only, while adding blanket style to all weapons just somehow doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe some feral enchants. Or, low effort, jump bump stat weights - give them 3-4 4 AP per 1 str, more crit per agi, etc. Or some combination of all these.

Mekunekud

Post by Mekunekud » Fri Nov 11, 2022 5:01 am

To be fair, Druids are reliant on 2 items. The spec is so broken is needs the helm and MCP to be effective. That's at least some degree of viability tho. It's just poor design like with shamans and paladins except at least there's a solution already in game for Druids.
I'd say keep it BoP just because if you don't want to take engineering for it, you can always just farm Gnomeregan. There's work arounds.
This isn't aggregious like Bloodvine where you NEED to take it for effective DPS.
What I'd rather see is weapon procs work off forms and some better scaling on other abilities to offset MCPs advantages.
But that's not happening in Vanilla with flat haste being the only option instead of TBC rating, which meant the item got weaker as you leveled.