United World

Distortedshadow

United World

Post by Distortedshadow » Mon May 13, 2019 1:07 am

So after like a week of playing I just realized World chat isn't cross faction. With the ability to group with them and chat with them this seems crazy to me, given the A:H ratio on this server heavily favors alliance... I kinda feel like I've neglected that side of the community and I honestly assumed they could read World chat.

Why is it an opt-in system instead of an opt-out one? I'm told there's a Diplomacy channel but I only found out about this too. Does anyone actually use it or even really know about it? It's not mentioned anywhere accessible enough to find, and I check the online ratio and with about 40 people online there were 3 others in Diplomacy. But I highly doubt the percentage of people online interested in speaking with the other faction is less than 10%.

Suggestion:
Unite World.

Implementation:
Everyone is automatically diplomat. If you really want to be a warmonger, opt out of it at the city NPC.
World chat is cross faction. If you opt out, people will show up as saying "[Orcish] Ooga Booga" on occasion. Pretty immersive :P.
Last edited by Distortedshadow on Mon May 13, 2019 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Deadcrow

Re: United World

Post by Deadcrow » Mon May 13, 2019 1:10 am

That would open a door to crossfaction trading and dungeon delving

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Mon May 13, 2019 1:12 am

Cross faction trading and dungeon delving already happens, what's wrong with that?

Did SFK earlier on stream with a horde mage. He even gave us food. Nice guy, btw.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Mon May 13, 2019 1:16 am

Never said there was anything wrong with it. Sorry should have clarified, it would make it a bit easier

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Mon May 13, 2019 1:17 am

Disclaimer, I don't feel super strongly about this issue, I was just surprised that the Diplomacy channel was so ill-advertised that I had no idea it existed. At the very bare minimum, if nothing else, it should be made more obvious. Maybe in the description of the diplomat's paper itself, or in a server shout.

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 am

Game masters message the alliance world chat sometimes, but not the horde as far as I've seen. That actually is sad.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Mon May 13, 2019 1:23 am

I can't recall seeing any messages either

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Mon May 13, 2019 2:17 am

Hello! One good thing about Turtle WoW is that we don't (whenever it's possible) force people to do things they don't want to do. We introduced the Diplomacy update to give people who wanted to play with the other faction that option, and we made it an optional thing because some other people just don't want to play with the opposite faction, and we must respect that.

The Diplomacy channel exist for that reason, and I AGREE that we should promote it more, to do so, I have just added that information to our automated in-game server broadcasts.
Skullmiser wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 1:18 am
Game masters message the alliance world chat sometimes, but not the horde as far as I've seen. That actually is sad.
Game masters don't usually interact with players that way, however my in-game avatar is a Horde character and sometimes I write (mostly answers) in the World channel, maybe you weren't online!