Complex Suggestions for the Devs to read. (Not to elaborate.)

Bruceark

Would you use it?

Post by Bruceark » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:34 am

Hi, im a new in Turtle, i edited the wow icon to be more like the theme of the server
Its not perfect, but it does it's job i think XD

https://freeimage.host/i/1-removebg-preview.DnQE5Q

If you would like to use it or edit your way:

https://files.fm/u/zewra2wzg

maintenance_turtle

Dioklecijan93

Complex Suggestions for the Devs to read. (Not to elaborate.)

Post by Dioklecijan93 » Fri Jul 28, 2023 9:02 am

Monk

Although I saw that currently there are now no plans of adding new classes i just thought of giving out my idea. There are a few reasons why i think Monk would be a good class to add in Turtle Wow.

Major points:

1.Monk is not as flashy of a class like the Demon Hunter that was added in Legion, the DH feels like an anime protagonist that was added into Wow. It wouldn't ruin the vanilla feel of the server because you won't see Monks dashing around the capital city like a Demon Hunter.
2. Their raid gear would be simplistic, i don't know about you but i feel out of all the classes in retail wow the Monk seems like they need the least effort to design their raid gear. The whole class is a about tranquility and inner balance or that type of stuff, therefore they don't need to design anything extradionary for the class as they do for the Paladins, Mages, etc..
3. It could bring Turtle Wow in the spotlight with the newly added Monk class, there are other private servers with their own classes but those same servers have like 10+ new races added and several new classes but all of them poorly designed and buggy.
4. Will attract players who specifically loved playing monk in retail, although im aware that the Monk is definitely not the most played class it still has its own playerbase. If the class is added in Turtle wow id say the Monk class will top the charts at first but after a few days it will balance itself out, weeding out the ones who just wanted to test the class out.

Lore Reason of adding Monks:

1. As many may know monks existed in Warcraft: Founding of Durotar, therefore making them cannon in the time period turtle wow is set in. If it was up to me id make the lore reason of adding monks like this: Something bad happened in Pandaria which triggered a pandaren refuge crisis. These few Pandaren who settled in both Alliance and Horde lands brought the art of the Monk with them. The Horde and Alliance demanded, if these Pandaren want a home in their lands they need to share their Monk skills with them.

Available Races for Monk:

Id say all classes except the Blood Elf and Goblin should be able to become monks because these 2 races are refugees also just as the Pandaren Monks.

Roles:
Just like in retail id say Monks should be able to Tank,Heal and Dps but that is up to you to decide.

I am not sure what would be names of the specs but you could come up with your own or copy them from Retail.

Paw

Simple Suggestions

Post by Paw » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:50 am

Brainstorm ideas welcome! Keep it impactful! This thread is for posting and not discussing.

Sakuradelirium

- I feel all need

Post by Sakuradelirium » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:56 am

Class Changes

Warrior - Improvements -

Thunderclaps - now increases threat gained
Cleave - deals more damage and more threat
Charge can be used in all stances not locked in arms

Rogue -

Picklocking can give rogues more random treasures very low drop rate in classic wow. like higher level consumables at higher level not saying make it easier but am saying like give more items you could pick pick pocket

Hunter -

Make Raptor Strike Do more Damage
Give Hunter 1 more melee attack that is an aoe watch is also talent
Let traps be used in battle or have talent lets them do that
improve the survival spec revamp. add more spears to the game
Trolls and Nightelfs - Racial that that get bonus to polearms along side bows

I like it all pets had a ability not just chosen few. some pets don't have abilities its a shame. mostly tweak some pets offer more raid and team buffs if hunter willing find and tame them
Warlock - Warlock has issues some those issues need be addressed. i hope they will .

1. Debuff Limit on bosses remove please warlocks always gonna be spam shadowbolt please
2. a way to lower there threat when some how they magically get it with massive crit. having ability like soul shatter help this alot
3. make shadowburn better. honestly this spell isn't very strong. shouldn't even cast a soul shard
4. warlocks affliction spec needs a better 31 ability. dark pact should be baseline and improved upon that leaves what should take its place. I am for adding unstable affliction in classic wow. affliction is a damage over time mage. and its should be able to shine in end game content
5. demonology should get little love its a special not really taken outside of pvp
problem is with warlock is they have alot useless ability talents

Shaman - I feel restro shaman should be easier to spec into. when your deep restro you spend like good 36-40 points in this talent make good use of its talents. maybe combind some abilities. or what not so dont have spend like 5 points get needed things be useful. by merging some talents this can be easy fix
dont get me wrong guys did good job buffing shaman. but needs some fine tooning still. some talent trees just take way to many talents points thats cause those talents are REQUIRED. most of them require 5 point talents

Druid - Thorns - does more damage and deals more threat in bear form
Swipe - does more damage and deals more threat in bear form
letting baliance druids have "starfall" so they have some good aoe
lowering cost of hurricane - make hurricane deal little more aoe damage

Sakuradelirium

Please can Baliance Druids Have Starfall

Post by Sakuradelirium » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:48 am

Balance Druids Have Starfall

Please can Baliance Druids Have Starfall. non-channeling big aoe spell. does alot of damage doesn't cost so much mp.

Wilsonsds

Re: Simple Suggestions

Post by Wilsonsds » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:11 am

make levitate animation for priest
Schala (Priest - Holy)
Lusiena (Warrior - Prot)
Lyane (Rogue - Combat)
Fellem (Hunter - Marks)
Lustrazalux (Mage - Frost)
Gondwana (Warlock - Demo)
Esmeralden (Druid - Resto)
Aldebaran (Shaman - Ele)
Almandinite (Pally - Prot)

Mackylol

Free consumables!

Post by Mackylol » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:13 am

I suggest a token as a drop for defeating a 55+ dungeon endboss. The token rewards would only be consumables, any (1) flask of your choosing for 15 tokens.

This would encourage geared players to keep doing 5-man dungeons.

Kairion

Post by Kairion » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:29 am

Incentivizing raiders to do dungeons is a double edged sword.
Sure you get more well geared players on average making dungeons easier and quicker to complete.

But in dungeons you need 20% Tanks, while in a raid your group needs 5-10% of the party being tanks. If you convert an equal share of Tanks and DPS from a raid to do dungeons, you only make it harder for the groups that genuinely need loot from dungeons to find a tank.

I would love to run some dungeons on my raidgeared paladin, but i'd want gear appropreate challenges in dungeons and not just aoe cleave everything down since its too easy.

Jammyxx

Post by Jammyxx » Mon Aug 07, 2023 8:33 am

Hurricane (Druid) Spellchange:

1 Min CD (same as now)
3 Sec Cast
Aoe effect stays up for 8 seconds.

Changing this from a channeled spell to a cast-drop spell like flame strike would help balance boomkin druids still DPS while hurricane is up.

It would also be good for feral to prepop before going into form for more AOE and the slow effect. As feral have no AOE, let the hurricane ticks have a chance of proccing Clearcasting from Omen of Clarity.

Donjoray

Action Camera (Dynamic Camera)

Post by Donjoray » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:07 am

Hi Team,

I hope you are well!

I have been playing on this server for some time now and I almost managed to level up to 60 but there is one thing that always bugged me - lack of better third person camera.

Action camera is a small, minor thing that just gives a better experience when levelling up, and this server is all about being nice and slow when it comes to it. I just came across Ascension season 8 chapter 3 and they managed to implement this on old wotlk 3.3.5 client. Knowing how talented your developers are I believe this can be done on your server too, this is now a massive change, it will require some sophisticated work - I fully understand this - but it will give few people a better levelling experience and a new way to enjoy World Of Warcraft and your newly build content.

You can find the video below of what I am talking about, use it as a reference maybe.
https://youtu.be/BY-LHeCxTRs?t=1247

Many thanks,

Donjoray