Survival Skill

Torta

Survival Skill

Post by Torta » Mon May 06, 2019 12:37 am

Greetings!

We’re bringing back another discontinued feature of Classic World of Warcraft: the old Secondary Skill: Survival.

Visit Stranglethorn Vale and speak to S. J. Erlgadin of Nesingwary's Expedition to get your intensive training in Survival. You’ll learn:
  • How to make [Dim Torch] to brighten up your night and gain +4 spirit for your party!
  • How to build a simple [Fishing Boat] to catch the most tasty fish right in the middle of the lake! Fishing on the boat gives you +50 fishing bonus. Boats last 60 minutes.
  • How to build a [Traveler’s Tent] to have some rest during your journey. The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside (your rested experience will increase faster).
  • How to create a [Bright Campfire] for you and your fellas. Campfire give +8 spirit to you and your party.
The maximum skill level available right now is 150.
The release is planned on Friday, May 10th 2019.
Thanks to Paw for writing the quest lore.

Kazgrim

Re: Sands of Time #5: Survival Skill

Post by Kazgrim » Mon May 06, 2019 1:15 am

Awesome! These additions are great and are really appreciated :)
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Frosty

Post by Frosty » Mon May 06, 2019 1:19 am

Very interesting. Kudos, turtles! /thumbsup

Taledar

Post by Taledar » Mon May 06, 2019 5:57 am

This is great stuff!

Musse

Post by Musse » Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 am

Very nice!

A general question regarding Sand of Time:
Could these topics be placed in a section of it own, or make them sticky here? Eventually, when new topics show up, these will be far down on the list, and new players might not notice the unique Sand of Times features in Turtle WoW.

Devias

Post by Devias » Mon May 06, 2019 2:09 pm

Musse wrote:
Mon May 06, 2019 6:42 am
Very nice!

A general question regarding Sand of Time:
Could these topics be placed in a section of it own, or make them sticky here? Eventually, when new topics show up, these will be far down on the list, and new players might not notice the unique Sand of Times features in Turtle WoW.
Agreed, or just stick them on top of the forum section.
Thanks staff I gonna try it! smiling_turtle_head

Laizek

Post by Laizek » Mon May 06, 2019 2:13 pm

This is absolutely RP friendly, I'm glad to see this happening!

Onyxia

Post by Onyxia » Tue May 07, 2019 1:45 am

Nice stuff, guys.

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri May 10, 2019 12:43 am

Boats will last 40 minutes.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 am

Why not an hour? LUL
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Torta

Post by Torta » Fri May 10, 2019 1:39 am

Sinrek wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 am
Why not an hour? LUL
Because the alignment of planets Mars, Jupiter, Venus do not match the angle of waves which is keeping this boat afloat. This means that density of the water would cause major damage if the cooldown would be whatever it would be, just because.

Paw

Post by Paw » Fri May 10, 2019 8:16 am

Torta wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 1:39 am
Sinrek wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 12:55 am
Why not an hour? LUL
Because the alignment of planets Mars, Jupiter, Venus do not match the angle of waves which is keeping this boat afloat. This means that density of the water would cause major damage if the cooldown would be whatever it would be, just because.
Wrong! Every klingon in the universe knows that the alignment of plantes got nothing to do with liquid density in regard of boat safety protocol. Talking NONESENSE, Vulcan!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri May 10, 2019 10:26 pm

That reminds me to make another Twitch emotes for turtleheads - FailFish and NotLikeThis.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Musse

Post by Musse » Sat May 11, 2019 9:45 am

If you lit a bright campfire near (in range) of a NPC, you will turn PvP, because the NPC gets affected by the fire!

Could you fix this?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat May 11, 2019 11:45 pm

Thanks everyone for providing a quality and experience feedback!

Several fixes will be introduced in the next days:
  • Bright Campfire now will correctly give you +1 Survival Skill.
  • Bright Campfire won't trigger PvP mode.
  • Traveler's Tens radius will increase from 10 yards to 15 yards.
  • New, differently looking tent will also be introduced.

Some time later:

Houses / towers or other types of player's buildings will be available for temporary spawn.

Seelenschmied

Post by Seelenschmied » Sun May 12, 2019 12:42 am

Really? Spawnable houses and towers? Then please make it that they can't be spawned in cities. This tents are irritating enough ;) Don't need a city full of spawn houses...

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 am

I think being able to spawn the smaller doodads, tables, chairs, etc for RP would be great. Don't really know if I'd want to see a random tower erected.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Sun May 12, 2019 1:20 pm

Distortedshadow wrote:
Sun May 12, 2019 1:05 am
I think being able to spawn the smaller doodads, tables, chairs, etc for RP would be great. Don't really know if I'd want to see a random tower erected.
Interesting, I like the idea of spawning tables, chairs, etc.

Deadcrow

Post by Deadcrow » Sun May 12, 2019 7:29 pm

I wonder how many people are going to become gondola drivers for people in the stormwind. Possibly Undercity

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Sun May 12, 2019 10:53 pm

Pompa wrote:Can you please post in in the forum? Under the Survival post?
Add torches and other survival gear to either the trade goods stores, or general goods, or both.

Musse

Post by Musse » Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 pm

Torta wrote:
Sat May 11, 2019 11:45 pm
Tents seems to trigger PvP also; if an NPC walk over the tent (which is quite rude), it seems to trigger PvP. I haven't verified 100% though.

Musse

Post by Musse » Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm

Musse wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 pm
Torta wrote:
Tents seems to trigger PvP also; if an NPC walk over the tent (which is quite rude), it seems to trigger PvP. I haven't verified 100% though.
Sorry wrong quote, should have been:
Torta wrote:

Musse

Post by Musse » Mon May 13, 2019 12:07 pm

Musse wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:03 pm
Musse wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 12:01 pm
Torta wrote:
Sorry wrong quote, should have been:
Torta wrote:
Might have been because I had a bright campfire in the tent (which is dangerous). Sorry for the many post!

Kizzi

Post by Kizzi » Mon May 27, 2019 6:33 pm

so as we figured it - 2-4 tents stack. campings make sense now.

Walters

Post by Walters » Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm

Torta wrote:
Doesnt work. Ive tried many times.

Plus Unlit Poor Torch doesnt always give you point (on skill level 15 it already can fail on +1 point. And this thing also HAS A COOLDOWN and cookingfire requirement!!!! (and bags full of reagents)
It will take a Year to get 75 points. People only want to see the tent, we dont need these torches.

Sorry to be toxic, but this thing is just the worst.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri May 31, 2019 2:22 pm

Walters wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm
Torta wrote:
Doesnt work. Ive tried many times.

Plus Unlit Poor Torch doesnt always give you point (on skill level 15 it already can fail on +1 point. And this thing also HAS A COOLDOWN and cookingfire requirement!!!! (and bags full of reagents)
It will take a Year to get 75 points. People only want to see the tent, we dont need these torches.

Sorry to be toxic, but this thing is just the worst.
You are right, it wasn't giving +1 skill. It's fixed now and will be deployed in the next update.

Walters

Post by Walters » Fri May 31, 2019 8:07 pm

Walters wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 12:04 pm
It will take a Year to get 75 points
So i have lvled 75 skill on torches, bought the tent. And i have only 1 question:
WHY??? WHY there is no info in the game about such useful mechanic?? This thing can totally mitigate 0.5 hardcore decrease .... and i ve discovered it by accident ONLY ON 40 lvl while questin in STV. You could atleast mention this in server messages (instead this pvp week spam) or in every major city (or any place ppl visit a lot).

PS: And i was almost giving up on this survival skill because of the lame torch mechanic. Cant imagine how many ppl didnt level to 75 and still dont know about cheat tent

Torta

Re: Survival Skill

Post by Torta » Fri May 31, 2019 9:58 pm

My poor little turtle!
Now I have added the server-wide announcement about Survival next to the annoying PvP Week spam ;)

I also suggest that you join our Discord, just to make sure you don't miss anything important: https://discord.gg/mBGxmHy

Frosty

Post by Frosty » Fri May 31, 2019 10:02 pm

Torta wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 9:58 pm
My poor little turtle!
Torta is playing mom!

Walters

Post by Walters » Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 pm

Torta wrote:
My poor little turtle!
Now I have added the server-wide announcement about Survival next to the annoying PvP Week spam ;)

I also suggest that you join our Discord, just to make sure you don't miss anything important: https://discord.gg/mBGxmHy
I can bet there is still nothing in your announcement about what that tent actually does.
Your description: The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside.
What it actually does: The tent gives you HALF of rested cap only IN FEW MINUTES, so it can be easily used/abused to gain infinite rested bonus (say hello to hardcore mode)

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm

Walters wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 10:15 pm
Torta wrote:
My poor little turtle!

I can bet there is still nothing in your announcement about what that tent actually does.
Your description: The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside.
What it actually does: The tent gives you HALF of rested cap only IN FEW MINUTES, so it can be easily used/abused to gain infinite rested bonus (say hello to hardcore mode)
"The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside." perfectly describes the behavior of the tent, no more details are needed. It has 90 minutes of CD. We are open to any constructive and polite suggestion about how to improve / balance it.

We are studying to reduce the rested gaining though, news about this will take place the next week! smiling_turtle_head

Walters

Post by Walters » Fri May 31, 2019 11:46 pm

Pompa wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm
Walters wrote:
Torta wrote:
My poor little turtle!

"The tent lasts 20 minutes and gives you a resting bonus while you’re inside." perfectly describes the behavior of the tent, no more details are needed. It has 90 minutes of CD. We are open to any constructive and polite suggestion about how to improve / balance it.

We are studying to reduce the rested gaining though, news about this will take place the next week! smiling_turtle_head
By "gaining rested bonus" people usually assume being in tavern/city.
20 mins in tavern - hardly half of exp "cell"
20 mins in tent - HALF of rested cap (10+ cells)!!!
Yeah, you are right. Perfect describtion. Especially for people on hardcore.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:07 am

Walters wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:46 pm
Pompa wrote:
Fri May 31, 2019 11:01 pm
Walters wrote:

By "gaining rested bonus" people usually assume being in tavern/city.
20 mins in tavern - hardly half of exp "cell"
20 mins in tent - HALF of rested cap (10+ cells)!!!
Yeah, you are right. Perfect describtion. Especially for people on hardcore.
As I said we are already discussing to reduce the bonus it gives. We'll think about how to describe better its behavior, thanks for your suggestions! turtle_tongue_head

Lothradis

Post by Lothradis » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:24 am

Not fair to Shaman and water walking. I love standing off shore and fishing. Now ANYONE can do it! My shaman votes no. My other characters think this is a great idea.

Crinos

Post by Crinos » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:48 pm

Is this a new proffesion or just like fishing, cooking, etc?
Can I have this and my other 2 professions? Thanks!