Patch 1.16.1 — Class changes and more!

Aldanien

Re: Patch 1.16.1 — Class changes and more!

Post by Aldanien » Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:59 pm

My thanks to everyone at TurtleWoW for all their hard work! : )

Delmar

Post by Delmar » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:19 am

Hello, dear developer.
Thanks for the work done, the changes for some classes are really massive.
I play as a shaman and want to suggest a change to the Water Shield talent. It is given at level 60 and it makes almost no sense at that level. It doesn't give MP5, and mana is regenerated by taking damage in combat. Shaman in raids or dungeons is a healer or DD and therefore does not (or almost does not) take damage. This shield is useless. I think this talent should be made available at level 30 or 40. Shaman on the leveling is just constantly lacking mana and this talent will be useful. You can make several ranks of Water Shield for balance.
Or then add MP5 (as in BC) to the talent at level 60, then the shamans of all specs will use it to restore mana.

Lev

Post by Lev » Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:18 am

Delmar wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:19 am
Hello, dear developer.
I play as a shaman and want to suggest a change to the Water Shield talent. It is given at level 60 and it makes almost no sense at that level. It doesn't give MP5, and mana is regenerated by taking damage in combat. Shaman in raids or dungeons is a healer or DD and therefore does not (or almost does not) take damage. This shield is useless. I think this talent should be made available at level 30 or 40. Shaman on the leveling is just constantly lacking mana and this talent will be useful. You can make several ranks of Water Shield for balance.
Or then add MP5 (as in BC) to the talent at level 60, then the shamans of all specs will use it to restore mana.
PVP skill

Delmar

Post by Delmar » Wed Aug 03, 2022 7:39 am

Lev wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:18 am
Delmar wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:19 am
Hello, dear developer.
PVP skill
PvP?)) Shaman was and still is one of the strongest classes in PvP. And Water Shield without MP5 certainly gives nothing in PvP.
But the fact that the shaman runs out of mana after 30 seconds of combat with the boss - that's really the problem, which they decided in BC, including with the help of this talent.
Water Shield in its current form does not need a shaman. Either add MP5 or make this talent available from level 30.

Zamgezy

Post by Zamgezy » Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:49 pm

Earth Shield is not very useful either, you can't throw it at other players

Garish

Post by Garish » Wed Aug 03, 2022 2:09 pm

Feanoro wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 6:36 pm
Let's see.

- For many classes, their vanilla playstyle has been completely thrown out and replaced with the BC style.
E.g. you liked hunter mobility and having to time shots? Too bad, enjoy the snorefest BC Steady immobile turret. Feedback was completely ignored.

- Class changes seem to be designed without considering how it would affect overall groups.
E.g. spriest insane mana returns means infinite healer mana. Retail shows us that means fewer healer spots. Heal groups will now consist of an spriest, a moonchicken (because both providing crit and needing the infinite mana to function), and whatever healers.

- Buffs now make content even more of a joke. The retail mentality of "muh parse" clearly drove a lot of this.

As such, this is no longer remotely vanilla+, as the vanilla class experience is completely destroyed in many cases in favor of a bizarre BC would-be. If I wanted BC gameplay, I would have rolled on a BC server.

All good things must come to an end, I suppose. Best of luck, but excuse me for hoping another project picks up the now abandoned Turtle philosophy of enhancing vanilla rather than replacing it.
nop, every off-build healer or dps suffers from mana issues, putting more mana in a off-build(aka PVE shadow priest and retri/tank paladin) is good way to kill 2 birds with one stone. the "vanilla" experience is toxic to "off-builds"(being that these builds shouldn't even be "off" to begin with)

-off builds should be just weird stuff like warrior fury 2h, shockadin, melee hunter, smite priest...

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:09 am

Warriors need charge in combat (with increased cd).

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:42 am

Feomatar wrote:
Sun Aug 07, 2022 1:09 am
Warriors need charge in combat (with increased cd).
Intercept. It was decided that Warriors are (as is the general consensus across the WoW community) strong enough without many changes needed. Any changes made to Warriors will more likely be nerfs rather than buffs, so perhaps best not to draw too much attention to the class.

Soleman

Post by Soleman » Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:55 am

New Talent: Ardent Defender (Row 7). When you have less than 35% health, all damage taken is reduced by 25%. In addition, Exorcism is now usable on all targets with a damage penalty of 90% if they are not undead.

Please give prot paladins a ranged pulling mechanic as they are the only tanks without one. satisfied_turtle

Chnams

Post by Chnams » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Why the change to Inner Fire on Priest? Couldn't it give ranged attack power instead, to slightly buff wand (I don't remember if RAP increases wand damage), rather than melee attack power? I understand that that's how the spell worked in Beta, but I assume there's a reason it was removed: A priest has no business auto-attacking in melee. A buff to wands would make sense instead, as Inner Fire is a discipline skill, just like Wand Specialization, and it could slightly increase Priest damage, especially while levelling where you do a lot of wanding.

Flynnoak

Post by Flynnoak » Tue Aug 23, 2022 11:00 pm

Question i saw that druids in cat form were supposed to get Claw now also deals 100% of weapon damage in addition to its current damage.
but I have switched wpn/no wpn and there is no change.
Did this not happen?

Sapiverenus

Post by Sapiverenus » Sun Aug 28, 2022 5:00 pm

Great patches. Great voice acting, instanced content and zones.

I don't think classes should be "always on" or always ***** DEEP. Gotta group and cover eachother's weaknesses and bring out strengths [within game design reason] because each class has their own thing. My take on classes.

Everything else is pretty A tier or S tier though.
Hostiles raiding from Dungeons; Unique Meeting Stones no LFG
Class Leveling Mechanics
Big and Deep Ideas
Darker Nights Ideas

Challenge to anyone reading:Think of what a good 100 hour level 1 - 20 custom experience would be.

Flameroller

Post by Flameroller » Fri Sep 02, 2022 6:18 pm

Well... the paladin changes remain extremely meaningless. That's a damn shame.
New Talent: Sanctified Command (Row 5). Gives your Seal of Command a 45/90% chance to resist dispel effects and your Judgement of Command will restore mana equal to 10/20% of the base mana cost of the Seal of Command to you and nearby party members. Requires Seal of Command as a prerequisite talent.
Will not be taken. 21/42 mana on judgment is meaningless. SoC costs 210 mana, along with the cost of judgment at like 117 or something (forget and can't look it up, no sources available and my pally on the server is 54 or something) means you spend about 330 mana per judgment with max rank SoC, removing 21 or 42 for 2 talent points is literally meaningless. You're going to get a handful of extra max rank judgments during a fight before ooming, which means your behavior doesn't change AT ALL. You will still instead use rank 1 SoC most of the time and only use max rank sparingly, pop mana potions on cd and burn runes on CD, just to be middling to low dps.

It needs to be free and not restore any mana to other players. Also crusader strike STILL can't be used, because debuff limit. There are only two fixes: remove the debuff limit (best option but I understand it's not easy to do), or make it a buff for the paladin.

Well, at least prot paladin is be pretty much viable now.

Akarui

Post by Akarui » Sun Sep 04, 2022 12:17 am

i hope this is not last class changes. Hunter has fun but useless changes at all :\

Corehoundfan

Post by Corehoundfan » Tue Sep 13, 2022 2:52 am

Thank you!

Armwvingtoobman

Post by Armwvingtoobman » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:10 am

Everything about this server looks rad as hell, except for the early mount. mounts bad

Reix2x

Post by Reix2x » Fri Sep 16, 2022 9:42 pm

Thanks! keep on the good work

Sunseeker

Post by Sunseeker » Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:58 am

Did you add Champion's Grace skill to the priest trainer? All priest trainers doesnt have this skill, aslo i can't find it like Codex book or something else.
Right now if you take Holy Champion talant for holy priest you can learn following new skills:

• Proclaim Champion | 250 Mana Cost | 10 Second Cast | 2 Hour Cooldown
Proclaim the friendly target as your champion for 2 hrs. Increases armor by 230, all resistances by 10, and allows the use of various Champion spells on that target.
Note: Persists through death and continues its duration and cooldown countdowns while offline.
Note: Armor buff does not stack with Scroll of Protection IV

• Champion’s Bond | Learned at Level 44 | 250 Mana Cost
Creates a bond between priest and Champion. When the priest takes damage up to 20 will be taken by the Champion instead. Lasts 10 min.

• Empower Champion | Learned at Level 50 | 1100 Mana Cost
Empower the target Champion, increasing all healing and spell damage done by up to 20 and attack power by 30. Lasts 2 hrs.
Note: Does not stack effects with Greater Arcane Elixir or Juju Power/Elixir of Giants

• Champion's Resolve | Learned at Level 58 | 250 Mana Cost | 5 Minute Cooldown
Wards the champion against Fear. The next Fear effect used against the target will fail, using up the ward. Lasts 10 sec.

• Revive Champion | 81% Base Mana Cost | 2 Second Cast
Return the priest's Champion to life with 2500 health and 2600 mana.
Note: Cannot be cast in combat.

But i can't find
Champion’s Grace | Learned at Level 40 | 250 Mana Cost
Bestow the target Champion with grace, increasing all healing done by the priest by 10%. Lasts 2 hrs.

All people i asked inside the game also don't know nothing about this skill. So I just want to now is it bug or you still didnt add this skill to the game?

Tasman

Post by Tasman » Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:04 pm

Tried out paladins new taunt in prot tree and didnt like execution of it.
1.You cant get it before you reach 27 lvl.
2.You need to waste 3 talent points just to get it.
3. It dont have passive effect that benefits paladin in terms of maintaining aggro, when seal is activated and not discharged.
As a suggestion, I would consider to make completely new seal, which main goal will be taunting and maintaning aggro.
I see it like this, baseline seal learned at 16 lvl, when activated will grant all paladin attacks (holy and physical) to generate 20% more threat and when discharged on the target would taunt it like current one.
As for Improved Seal of Justice, it can stay with increased chance of stun for an upgrade.

Jakob2803

Post by Jakob2803 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:00 am

Very cool. Btw I was sending mail yesterday and I realized we don't have the capability to send multiple items per package. Also we can't rightclick to automatically move an item from the bag to the window. Could this be patched at a later date?

Markuis

Post by Markuis » Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:23 am

Jakob2803 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:00 am
Very cool. Btw I was sending mail yesterday and I realized we don't have the capability to send multiple items per package. Also we can't rightclick to automatically move an item from the bag to the window. Could this be patched at a later date?
Some addons do this. I think Shangu tweaks (among others).

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:18 pm

Jakob2803 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:00 am
Postal Addon

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm

Postal does not support right click to attach - u need to drag and drop. Mail however does:

https://github.com/shirsig/Mail

Redmagejoe

Post by Redmagejoe » Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:36 pm

Shamma wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm
Postal does not support right click to attach - u need to drag and drop. Mail however does:

It absolutely does. I mass mail items to people and alts all the time and have never once dragged or dropped an item.

Shamma

Post by Shamma » Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:27 pm

Redmagejoe wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 5:36 pm
Shamma wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 2:46 pm

It absolutely does. I mass mail items to people and alts all the time and have never once dragged or dropped an item.
Hm. Was I using a different Postal than u? Happy with Mail now, but this got me curious...

Thorgaaz

Post by Thorgaaz » Sat Oct 08, 2022 7:40 am

I got a Mail informing about a patch with class changes and more. The Mail is from 14.09. So why is the Link sending me to this Message from 24.07. ?

Cozy

Post by Cozy » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:41 am

make racial totems at shamans pls

Skippy1969

Post by Skippy1969 » Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:16 pm

My survival profession page is empty. Do I have to relearn Tents?