How did you hear about us?

Torta

How did you hear about us?

Post by Torta » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:26 pm

Greetings! We are constantly trying to improve our server advertisements. You can help us by telling us how you found Turtle WoW and what convinced you to remain on our server.

We are looking forward for your replies. Thank you!

Skippy1969

Re: How did you hear about us?

Post by Skippy1969 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:34 pm

I saw your ad on DKPminus while searching for a vanilla WoW server. I was convinced to stay because of my guild.

Ferragini

Post by Ferragini » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:41 pm

a good deal of google search for "wow pve server"

there are lots of people looking for this :)

Anthropoid

Post by Anthropoid » Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:43 pm

Hey there, I found about this server because I wanted to play Vanilla wow again, and of all the other options, I decided to create an account on this site mostly because it 'looked' better than other websites, lol

- Hardmode
- Sands of Time
- Admin dedication

Those are the reasons why Im playing here.

Tsencha

Post by Tsencha » Sun Apr 14, 2019 6:49 pm

Just did a google search of private vanilla realms and found Turtle-Wow! Very happy I did - wasn't happy with the current state of retail WoW and wanted an alternative. I was on Northdale, but since their annoucement of shutting down, I wanted to find a new place to call home; somewhere calm where I can level and potentially get into RP again. I had RP'd on retail, but not on a private server. Hoping that this will become my permanent home!

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:41 pm

I've been watching some vanilla streamers on twitch, then found out they store some vids on YouTube as well. Seen some on YouTube and then found in the recommended section that very first trailer for Turtle WoW...

That music, that "Peace, friend." and the reply to it "'ello, mon!" nailed me with such a strong nostalgia and the feeling of how exquisite vanilla used to be that it made me research the info on the server.

When I found out they have actually LOWERED XP RATES, I instantly hoped in.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Shiznaught

Post by Shiznaught » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:37 pm

I saw your post on the wowservers subreddit and like others mentioned here, was intrigued by your hardcore approach. Not because I am a glutton for pain, but because I thought it might scare away toxic players. I'm not sure that's an advertising line you can use, but it's what drew me in.

The other major thing was that while poking around it seemed like this was really a labor of love and that you guys seemed to have a very polished product with a dedicated team behind it. I dropped out of Nost/Elysium before the scandals hit to play on a WotLK server but I think that for a lot of people these days, integrity of the team is important.

Paw

Post by Paw » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:04 am

You popped up on my facebook page when you started advertising it.

Mythonhaos

Post by Mythonhaos » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:42 am

I did a google search for wow vanilla pve private server. Up came Symmetry WoW and Turtle WoW. I clicked on the youtube video for Turtle WoW and was sold :) I have only been here a week, but like what I see so far. Thank you for the extra touches that don't break the game.

Gorxen

Post by Gorxen » Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm

I googled "vanilla pve servers" and this server came within the first page of results

Siroko

Post by Siroko » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:14 pm

Gorxen wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:10 pm
I googled "vanilla pve servers" and this server came within the first page of results
That, indeed.

Reason I stayed and keep playing is because I see the server is well maintained by the staff
Community, though low is really friendly
The tweaks made, the extra stuff added are all well thought of and are not interfering with the vanilla experience and they are nice for a change to what we got used to.
Overall, if population rises a bit so party/raids and AH can start kicking in effectively it will be a hella great server to invest your time.

Dooble

Post by Dooble » Tue Apr 16, 2019 6:08 pm

Found the server on DKPminus. Stayed because of the friendly community and active staff/updates.

Memoich

Post by Memoich » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:48 pm

Saw a post from the Facebook page a couple of months ago.

Glowek

Post by Glowek » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:13 pm

I watched your video on Facebook and this one got me ;)

Latchit

Post by Latchit » Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 am

I was working on some photos on my PC and I had wow videos on auto play on one screen while I worked on the other. Your video came up and I got me my family and some friends as well to join the server, we are having a blast :)

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Mon May 06, 2019 12:16 am

I looked at reddit. They have a subreddit called wow private servers. I was interested in the "Custom" private server category, and saw Turtle WoW described as a vanilla roleplaying server.

A vanilla roleplaying server is really something unique and Turtle WoW is the first I've ever seen described as such. That's what got me interested!

I recommend posting on places like reddit for advertisements!
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Distortedshadow

Post by Distortedshadow » Sat May 11, 2019 5:08 am

Your reddit topic about a sands of time feature.

Skullmiser

Post by Skullmiser » Fri May 17, 2019 1:12 pm

The place I usually find servers is the list on reddit's /wowservers list. I don't remember where I ended up finding it. I think it was DKPminus as well. Cute video, by the way.

I joined because the only other server I know that is 1x and allows multiboxing is Kronos I, and I did not have the best experience there. I think account trading over there is too rampant, because there are too many max leveled players over there that have no idea what they're doing.

Anyway, Roleplay is neat. I've had IRP installed since.. before The Rebirth closed, so it's really cool to be on a server where suddenly everyone has character descriptions.

The server is good. Nothing all that game breaking. I'm not sure I'd quit over anything just yet.

Philpot80

Post by Philpot80 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:50 pm

Momo

Post by Momo » Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 pm

Honestly i saw the ad on reddit wow private servers or something that it was pretty new and you can experience every single quest so i thought they must be fully working since i have never done all quests before so it was fun. Small community is good for me when you can see same people online and chat with them. Also cool GMs and AH monopoly from time to time on certain items :D

Purplefox

Post by Purplefox » Mon May 27, 2019 7:04 pm

How I heard: A friend of mine found it after literally googling "Vanilla WoW servers".

Why I stayed: I've had a lot of fun, was immediately greeted by a very kind and helpful person who's character is "Belladonna". Then, while levelling, I ran into "Sweet" the guild leader of "Molten Core Salvage Ops" over on Alliance side and once again was greeted with kindness and helpfulness. I've joined that guild and never looked back. Every member is kind and always helps each other out with items / patterns / tips / dungeons, ect. Even from other members of the server I've had nothing but joyful experiences. Honestly I stay mostly for the community; I might be quiet and mostly just listen / lurk but I'm still proud to say I play here.

Swampstalker

Post by Swampstalker » Tue May 28, 2019 12:49 pm

Played pvp vanilla server, did not like been ganked. Wanted to change class.
Googled "pve vanilla server" found turtle-wow. Played few hours, it was fun. Read next day description lower xp rates... Logged in after work because quest areas was not battlegrounds and no fighting over quest items and boars etc. Hoping for more hordes to be able to find groups more often for dungeons/quests.

Chlothar

Post by Chlothar » Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 pm

For me a turtle flew by and whispered all the info i needed to start over here.

Moriens

Post by Moriens » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am

Found ya'll by accident from youtube. Random video auto-played from dodgykebaab's review.

Kizzi

Post by Kizzi » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:06 pm

Moriens wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am
Found ya'll by accident from youtube. Random video auto-played from dodgykebaab's review.
I've actually watched their official trailer on reddit and it got my attention.

Commiskey

Post by Commiskey » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:36 am

I rolled a couple of characters on Symmetry last year with friends.. had an absolute blast questing after so many years away ( left Retail after WOTLK).
Unfortunately account appears to no longer exist after a few months off the server, so Google'd PvE vanilla WoW and here I am. Only been involved a couple of days and already spent most of my time questing with others. Very much appreciate the easygoing environment. Also just pulled the trigger on Hardcore at lvl 9. smiling_turtle_head

Knirps

Post by Knirps » Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:35 am

Moriens wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:36 am
Seen the video of Dodgy too, but already found out about Turtle Wow before by searching on google for a vanilla server

(this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSLJnp-0Sf4)

Trippedover

Post by Trippedover » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:31 pm

Over the last year I've played plenty private servers I put alot of time in at Light's Hope but i was looking for a more RP focused server. I saw Dodgy's video and loved the concept, I really hope the server manages a long life time. I've enjoyed myself and I've only ran into a handful of people. :)

Shnazzer

Post by Shnazzer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:46 am

Watched a youtube video by dodgy kebab recommending you guys :)

Mrkrissatan

Post by Mrkrissatan » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:42 pm

I watched dodgykababs video on youtube and that made me want to play here

Mercyheal86

Post by Mercyheal86 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:12 am

I used to play on a server called The Rebirth--life made me take a hiatus--and I came back to my guild being in shambles; I pretty much didn't play there anymore after that, and it eventually ceased to be.

Went back to retail for a spell, got bored eventually and didn't re-sub.

Searched for a private server and found VanillaGaming--I had several 60s on both sides there--but I got really sick of logging in to main cities being raided, auctioneers and bankers killed, or the occasional (because I forgot to wait to be de-flagged before logging) being murdered immediately upon logging in. I don't need that kind of dumb crap in my life. And I certainly don't want to deal with nonsense like that anymore.

I then specifically searched for an RP Vanilla server on Google, and I came across Turtle-WoW in some list or another of servers. I watched the ad video and thought it was cute and welcoming. So, then I visited the web page and saw all the features never implemented in WoW that Staff was advertising. I was very much interested in seeing what it was all about; I made an account and got started immediately.

My start was a bit rocky at first, but I eventually found myself a place in a guild that I adore very much. I've had a lot of fun, and made some good connections. It's a great server as far as I'm concerned. Thank you all Staff for your dedication and care.

-- Much love, Gracemourn <3
"I've come to Arthas this land!" insidious_turtle

Torta

Post by Torta » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:36 pm

Up. This thread is always relevant.

Dazyduke

Post by Dazyduke » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:35 pm

My bf showed my your first video on youtube, with the "ello mon" and i loved it turtle_in_love_head
Went to the site, saw the scraped features from Vanilla added here, which got me more excited.

PS: Many thanks to the Turtle staff for all your hard work!

Azuran666

Post by Azuran666 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:53 pm

r/wowservers
Human Warrior-LVL 29+

Kalocsa

Post by Kalocsa » Wed Jan 08, 2020 3:08 am

I always searched for a vanilla server with good custom features, found turtle wow on youtube in 2019 and got interested by the project.
"Even the biggest mouth clam on a thread, can enclose a goldern pearl."