HC multiboxing with a 60

Saltypete

HC multiboxing with a 60

Post by Saltypete » Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:03 pm

I think it should be against the rules to have your level 60 main following around your hardcore alt. It's lame, stupid, and totally against the point of hardcore in the first place. I'm not sure why it isn't already against the rules. Thanks for reading.

Ednaryt

Re: HC multiboxing with a 60

Post by Ednaryt » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm

+1

Bellybutton

Post by Bellybutton » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:45 pm

+1

Just had an annoying situation an hour ago where I painstakingly cleared a cave full of elite mobs by myself to get to a quest mob for like 20-30 minutes, only for some hardcore being carried by two level 60s to come in, refuse to help when I asked the 60s in /s (me and the quest mob were both at like 10% hp), let me die, kill the quest mob in question, /lol on my corpse and run off, then I had to corpse-hop out of the cave and redo it from scratch again.
Zamba the Unruly
"Zamba be sensing the winds of change in da air. Can you be feeling it too, mon?"

Ghola

Post by Ghola » Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:25 pm

check out tanaris pirate area sometime - packed to the brim with hc multiboxers

Whalemilk

Post by Whalemilk » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:20 pm

I hate that I congratulate some people when I know they didn’t level authentically

Hannigan

Post by Hannigan » Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:52 am

I honestly dont understand why you care about what someone does or does not. I understand that you are frustrated by that event, you dying, them not giving a sh1t - I'd be frustrated too. For all we know each and any of the hc 60s could have done the exact same thing. The non-hcs getting boosted by 60s are equally as frustrating because every decent grind spot is near always crowded with some of them.

EDIT: Do you know anything about that guy? I got a hc hunter to 60 in SoM. Then I came to twow and thought, hey it might be fun to dualbox as 2 hc hunters, so I did that to 60. A few weeks later I made a hc hunter in slow and steady. So hey there's this quest for which you'll never find a group, let me just kill that elite with a different toon then. Do I care what anyone thinks about that? I couldnt care less.

This is already the kids club of hc when compared to SoM HC. People group up for every other quest. LFM Princess (Elwynn) srsly? oO - You can group, you can trade, you can run every dungeon as often as you want and be overleveled af. How many HC warriors got their WW-Axe quest completed in their 30s? This is near impossible without help from a higher level toon. Is this cheating? Where do you draw the line?

If someone finds fun and enjoyment in boosting their toon via a lvl 60, let em. For some ppl the min/max-puzzle is an enjoyable challenge. They'll be an Immortal just like everyone else that didnt cheat his way there. But if you're not completely braindead, you do hc for the challenge and get a warm fuzzy feeling once you made it. All the boostee gets is a hollow victory. If they depend on appraisal from random strangers on the interwebs, feel sorry for them and move on.

As for you clearing the cave and them killing the boss: Life suxx. But the boss didnt have your name on it. Something's yours as soon as it ended up in your bags. If the boostee and his 60s would'nt have been there, you'd still have died and dragged your corpse back to the entrance of the cave to square one. I would've done the exact same thing to be honest. 'Hey help me with this here fight that I'm about to fail cause I overestimated my power and as a reward, wait some 5 minutes for the respawn while I yeet out of the cave.' - Eh, no? oO

As for the mutliboxing part: Are you annoyed that one dude played multiple toons to boost his hc? Would you be less annoyed when they asked a high-lvl guild mate for help with the quest? It's somewhat comparable to hearing sex noises in a hotel room. As long as two people do it, that's somewhat ok. If it's a single dude, yuk. The outcome would still have been the same for you.

What's your solution to this? Change the rules to disallow hc boosting. Who's gonna check if everyone follows that rule?

EDIT: And most importantly: Why do you even care if you're not playing hc yourself?

Thol

Post by Thol » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:36 am

For a RP server I think it breaks immersion to see several players following each others like bots.

I was told it's allowed because Roleplayers can use several accounts to play different characters during a RP event. I think it's cool but you can allow RP multiboxing while banning gameplay multiboxing.

All the content is not meant to be done solo, there are elite quests, dungeons and raids where you have to be social and group with other players to accomplish your goals.

Jongyi

Post by Jongyi » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:18 am

Problem is it is very difficult to monitor. Ppl use /follow all the time. And it is not uncommon for HC to be helped by 60 from their guilds. And gms won't be simply able to keep track of all the HCs in the world who are being helped by high levels. if the devs put the ban wave on all high levels helping HC, non-multi boxing ppl will also get caught in that ban wave leading to drama.
It is simply impossible to fix it bcos it is simply impossible to keep track of them all the time.

Mac

Post by Mac » Wed Sep 21, 2022 12:33 pm

Put hardcores on a separate server.

Angulardrift

Post by Angulardrift » Wed Sep 21, 2022 6:49 pm

+1
Alt addict
Bring Rp back to Turtle

Zhilo

Post by Zhilo » Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:37 pm

I dont like multiboxers either but I honestly don't see how to enforce any measure against them.

Friendz001

Post by Friendz001 » Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:56 pm

Hannigan wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:52 am
Do I care what anyone thinks about that? I couldnt care less.
And thats why you are such a problem. Since this server got invaded by people like you, who dont care.
Because youre such a tough guy, and you dont care about others. And thats how you ruin a server. wary_turtle

Hannigan

Post by Hannigan » Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:12 am

Friendz001 wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:56 pm
And thats why you are such a problem. Since this server got invaded by people like you, who dont care.
Because youre such a tough guy, and you dont care about others. And thats how you ruin a server. wary_turtle
Way to omit the context there mate. Safe travels.

Saltypete

Post by Saltypete » Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:35 pm

Zhilo wrote:
Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:37 pm
I dont like multiboxers either but I honestly don't see how to enforce any measure against them.
Take a screenshot of them and report them. It's not that hard.