Increase paladin blessings buff time + righteous fury

Mimmy

Increase paladin blessings buff time + righteous fury

Post by Mimmy » Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 am

This is the one thing I hate about vanilla paladin, it's recasting buffs constantly. Would it really be so unbalanced to increase buff times to 10 minutes like in tbc? That was the best change to classic paladin gameplay

Also, how about making righteous fury just a toggle ability instead of another buff? I don't really understand the original vanilla reasoning for why this is a 30 minute buff, it is not that annoying, but I have pulled once in a while without realizing the buff ran out and caused chaos

Geojak
Has liked: 28 times

Re: Increase paladin blessings buff time + righteous fury

Post by Geojak » Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:12 am

+1 there is already a mulry page discussion about longer blessing from a few weeks ago.

Kwayver

Post by Kwayver » Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:10 am

Righteous fury is a magical effect. It is used in PvP as a buffer for purge/dispel. AFAIK magical buff effects must have a duration in the client.

Project Ascension made RF function as a stance, which seems to work pretty well.

Velite

Post by Velite » Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:29 pm

Mimmy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 am
This is the one thing I hate about vanilla paladin, it's recasting buffs constantly. Would it really be so unbalanced to increase buff times to 10 minutes like in tbc? That was the best change to classic paladin gameplay

Also, how about making righteous fury just a toggle ability instead of another buff? I don't really understand the original vanilla reasoning for why this is a 30 minute buff, it is not that annoying, but I have pulled once in a while without realizing the buff ran out and caused chaos
Yeah it's funny that you mention that because druids and warriors don't have this "problem", and I use quotations because it's more of a design intent than anything else. Druid and Warrior tank stances are auras so they only stop when they need to stop tanking. Whereas for a paladin, the notion that a tank stance is temporary implies you may not always need it. It makes sense to put it as an aura instead, the only problem being that paladins already have "stances" as auras.
Resident Paladin Expert

Mimmy

Post by Mimmy » Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:04 pm

Velite wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 10:29 pm
Mimmy wrote:
Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:28 am

Yeah it's funny that you mention that because druids and warriors don't have this "problem", and I use quotations because it's more of a design intent than anything else. Druid and Warrior tank stances are auras so they only stop when they need to stop tanking. Whereas for a paladin, the notion that a tank stance is temporary implies you may not always need it. It makes sense to put it as an aura instead, the only problem being that paladins already have "stances" as auras.
I don't think it's impossible to make toggle spells, right? auto attack is a toggle, mounts are basically a toggle, the custom costumes you can get are toggled, maybe more