An Alternative to worldbuffs?

Angulardrift

An Alternative to worldbuffs?

Post by Angulardrift » Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:07 am

I would like to make a suggestion of a new custom profession.

Scribe.
Able to make the various scrolls we would normally receive as rare loot + likely custom scrolls.
Rip cloth to make fibre which can then be used to make papers. ores and dusts used to make magical inks.
eventually craft a scroll.

Worldbuffs could become endgame recipe scrolls (possibly dropped from raid bosses themselves?)

I think this might be a good solution as the main reason people actually hate worldbuffs is the fact you have to do a whole ass other raid just for the buff you want to do another raid, instead it just becomes another consumable.
and we get scroll buffs as a regular and consistent thing instead of "oh maybe once in a blue moon i get a scroll I could use"

I feel this is a good compromise as the tiring part of the Wbuff meta gets thrown out, but wbuffs still remain for those who want them.

Let me know what you think.
Alt addict
Bring Rp back to Turtle

Kwayver

Re: An Alternative to worldbuffs?

Post by Kwayver » Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:03 am

So alchemy but with cloth?

Velite

Re: An Alternative to worldbuffs?

Post by Velite » Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:58 am

I'm more of the opinion that the meme specs become the world buffs personally but while I'd love more power to professions outside of engineering... I really don't want to pile more consumables in vanilla to the raiders.
Resident Paladin Expert