Revive champion seems really pointless/boring

Mimmy

Revive champion seems really pointless/boring

Post by Mimmy » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:45 pm

What is the point? I already have resurrection. Yeah, revive champion revives the person with more hp/mana, but so what? The rest of your group is going to need to be healed anyway. Also it has a 5 minute cooldown and can't even be cast in combat, it's really nothing special.

I got a suggestion for you here, instead of being a slightly more powerful resurrection with a different name, do some thing cool, like, the ability to instantly battle res your dead champion into an angelic warrior in the middle of battle through the power of the light, he could be able to fight on for 15-20 seconds before dropping back dead. Also if this was the ability function then of course you would need a reagent for it as well.

I have plenty of clutch epic moments when a druid battle ressed me, how big of a deal could it be to give priest something similar? Just give the priest version some yellow glow and angel wings, and there you have it.

Also some lore flair type stuff, this light form resurrection could possible do increased damage to undead/demons or make them cower in fear, but thats just a fantasy

Proudwell

Re: Revive champion seems really pointless/boring

Post by Proudwell » Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:59 pm

Mimmy wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 3:45 pm
What is the point? I already have resurrection. Yeah, revive champion revives the person with more hp/mana, but so what? The rest of your group is going to need to be healed anyway. Also it has a 5 minute cooldown and can't even be cast in combat, it's really nothing special.

I got a suggestion for you here, instead of being a slightly more powerful resurrection with a different name, do some thing cool, like, the ability to instantly battle res your dead champion into an angelic warrior in the middle of battle through the power of the light, he could be able to fight on for 15-20 seconds before dropping back dead. Also if this was the ability function then of course you would need a reagent for it as well.

I have plenty of clutch epic moments when a druid battle ressed me, how big of a deal could it be to give priest something similar? Just give the priest version some yellow glow and angel wings, and there you have it.

Also some lore flair type stuff, this light form resurrection could possible do increased damage to undead/demons or make them cower in fear, but thats just a fantasy
Actually I think the idea of something like being able to resurrect your champion temporarily is super cool.
It's not like you can battle rez like a druid, nor can you ankh like a shaman, but instead you can potentially drive back a wipe using your super priest talent.

To me, that just seems really cool, and much more useful than resurrect+.

Sinrek
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:05 pm

Historical post. From this, you can see how PvP, PvE and balance were sent to hell.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Proudwell

Post by Proudwell » Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:14 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:05 pm
Historical post. From this, you can see how PvP, PvE and balance were sent to hell.
Not asking rudely but can you articulate?
The class changes as-is have upset the balance, I expect. Are you saying that this kind of thing would disrupt the balance to a much worse degree?

Sinrek
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Sinrek » Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:24 pm

Proudwell wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:14 pm
Sinrek wrote:
The class changes as-is have upset the balance, I expect. Are you saying that this kind of thing would disrupt the balance to a much worse degree?
Exactly. New talents pretty much changed some classes to be OP over everyone else with even more cookie-cutter builds now + they'd be absolutely OP with new skills and ranks for the skills provided.

Changing this overtuned talent into even more overpowered stuff … that's how you kill the game.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Proudwell

Post by Proudwell » Wed Aug 10, 2022 8:12 pm

Sinrek wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:24 pm
Proudwell wrote:
Wed Aug 10, 2022 5:14 pm
Sinrek wrote:
Exactly. New talents pretty much changed some classes to be OP over everyone else with even more cookie-cutter builds now + they'd be absolutely OP with new skills and ranks for the skills provided.

Changing this overtuned talent into even more overpowered stuff … that's how you kill the game.
Hm okay, I see what you're getting at. I guess in the collective eagerness for change, it is easy to change too much- even if something does not require it.

It also doesn't help that I'm strictly a PvE player, so often I unintentionally exclude what's necessary to keep in mind for PvP.