Dwarf blacksmithing racial

Nightowl

Dwarf blacksmithing racial

Post by Nightowl » Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:02 pm

Have always been bothered by this. How come dwarves, the masters of metalurgy and everything related ot that, do not get a racial that reflects these capabilities? There are tons of cool lore related weapons and armors being made by dwarves, most notably the Ashbringer that was forged by Magni himself, which seemed to be capable to rival and even destroy Frostmourne. That's pretty impressive to say the least.

Would it be too much to ask for a +15 blacksmithing racial? Or to go even beyond that and ask for a cool ability to learn an extra type of blacksmithing? As in allowing dwarves to be the only race that is capable of learning two types of blacksmithing instead of one? Or give them the ability to smith a few armor/weapon pieces that can only be made by dedicated dwarven blacksmiths?

On that note, is it possible to implement suggestion #2, or would it break the spagetti code? Two types of blacksmithing that is.

Raukodor

Re: Dwarf blacksmithing racial

Post by Raukodor » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:39 pm

Passive skill: metal craftsman (Reduces the time of making any item from blacksmith or engenering to 50%)
Khanzo. Blademaster and Explorer

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:40 pm

Dont breaks the game. Is lore friendly and adds a bit of "historical" flavour

Moebius24

Post by Moebius24 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:49 pm

Raukodor wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:39 pm
Passive skill: metal craftsman (Reduces the time of making any item from blacksmith or engenering to 50%)
Sounds fine to me. Engineering buff should go to gnomes and goblins though smiling_turtle

Garish

Post by Garish » Fri Aug 05, 2022 4:16 pm

Moebius24 wrote:
Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:49 pm
Raukodor wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:39 pm
Sounds fine to me. Engineering buff should go to gnomes and goblins though smiling_turtle
Blacksmith for orcs too(Brute.Force.Logistics)
ENCHANT/TAILOR to HE(magic fingers) and UNDEAD(narrow fingers)
herb to TAUREN AND NE(nature lovers)
leatherwork for trolls(beast consumerism) and Humans (Gnolls extinguishers)
what you guys think?

Raukodor

Post by Raukodor » Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:00 pm

Nah

Best smithers in the world are dwarves without doubt. Same with minning. They have a bond with earth and minerals

Enchanters have theyr best in Helfs. They are best magic users

Orcs are good leatherworkers. Same level than trolls and taurens. They all are very tribal. Orcs are a little bit more "smithers" cause they are born to war

Engenering of course goblins and gnome are best crafters. Gnomes are good enchanters too

Undeads are the best alchemist. But goblins are good too

Humans are "nice" in everithing but dont excels in anything.

Nelf are good in gather herbs and in leatherworking too they are very tribal

So.... Pasives for every race that dont break the game?? Hard.

Maybe adding some specific race boe recipes...for being lore friendly

F41lz0rs

Post by F41lz0rs » Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:20 pm

crafting items shouldnt fall to any race as its a learned skill. dwarves in many other fantasy settings have an afinity for finding metals and gems in stone, even talking to the stone even.

I have a list of racial tweaks i want to see on in action for more lore like play, this includes changes that almost removes class choice from the races but for dwarfs i think a goot set of racials would be

10% reduced damage from all sources while intoxicated,
chance to mine extra resources while mining,
and just flat out immuity to fear.
class racials the same, as preist can cast fear ward

I do not want class/race ballance. i think one peron should be a wrecking crew vs some classes and its up to the players to learn how to counter it.

Velite

Post by Velite » Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:25 pm

mining and blacksmithing racial please.
Resident Paladin Expert