shield block not on gcd / holy shield on gcd

Geojak

shield block not on gcd / holy shield on gcd

Post by Geojak » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:42 pm

so i just wnat to raise attetion, that warrios shield block is not on the gcd, while paladins holy shield is on the gcd.

i think it would be great to change this to rly make paladins proper capable raid tanks. i feel we almost there.
with holy shield being behind the gcd it becomes rly busy to both perform the treat rotation and sqeeze in the shield.

warrios dont have this problem, which gives them another slight edge in tankiness, just to make both classes tools equall, i propose change this

thx

Velite

Re: shield block not on gcd / holy shield on gcd

Post by Velite » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:50 pm

bump
Resident Paladin Expert

Synod

Post by Synod » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:38 am

Correct me if i am wrong but holy shield has more blocks than warrior's shield block. So imo if you use it properly holy shield is pretty good.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:00 pm

the spells are different in many ways.

shield block can be used while sillenced
holy shield can not

shield block cost 10 rage
holy shield mana

shield block is baseline
holy shield in prot tree

shield block gives 75%
holy schield 30%

shield block has 1 charge, 2 with talents
holy shield has 4 charges (but also less than half the block chance, so doesnt make crush immune)

finally holy shield deals holy dmg on block making it part of paladin threat rotation not just survivabillity

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:03 pm

warrior taunt is also not on gcd, while seal of justice is on gcd and we also need to click judgement (of gcd)

paladins are the more clunky tanks, there is rly no harm in improving this sitatuion by changing holy shield. everyone wants more viable tanks.

Velite

Post by Velite » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:35 pm

Synod wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:38 am
Correct me if i am wrong but holy shield has more blocks than warrior's shield block. So imo if you use it properly holy shield is pretty good.
It's more total blocks, but less block % (30 vs 75%). So I wouldn't say it's better, it's just different. When you include the shield block talent, then it's either 4 for 30% or 2 for 75%, so in terms of a boss the warrior one is better.
Resident Paladin Expert

Towdon2

Post by Towdon2 » Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 pm

Their Taunt should be off GCD because both of the other tank's taunts are off GCD but I wouldn't compare them directly to a warrior outside of that. We don't want them to basically be a different color of warrior (Further than the newest update has already done).

Besides Paladins are much tankier than Warriors as it is, this is not a separating factor atm. With the new update Paladins will be able to gear even more tankier than ever while producing more threat.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:32 pm

Towdon2 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 pm
Their Taunt should be off GCD because both of the other tank's taunts are off GCD but I wouldn't compare them directly to a warrior outside of that. We don't want them to basically be a different color of warrior (Further than the newest update has already done).

Besides Paladins are much tankier than Warriors as it is, this is not a separating factor atm. With the new update Paladins will be able to gear even more tankier than ever while producing more threat.
How did you conclude paladins are tankier when lacking defensive stance or any epics with defense and int or spellpower ???

You can't take seal of justice of gcd unless you want to make all seals of gcd which is not a good change imo.

Just change holy shield

Samanator13

Post by Samanator13 » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:24 pm

Bump

Towdon2

Post by Towdon2 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:48 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 2:32 pm
Towdon2 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:08 pm

How did you conclude paladins are tankier when lacking defensive stance or any epics with defense and int or spellpower ???

You can't take seal of justice of gcd unless you want to make all seals of gcd which is not a good change imo.

Just change holy shield
Because Paladins gear has not played a part in their threat for a long time and this most recent change doesn't really affect that since it only increased their threat abilities. Warriors need to wear more threat oriented pieces and DW in order to put out enough threat against full World Buffed Warrior dps.

The only time Warriors have been tankier has been in full T3 or in Low gear situations like the start of a server.

That said, Vanilla wow has never been about who has the best mit, it has always been about who has the best threat. Faster kill times equal less damage taken.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:31 am

I disagree with you, but it doesn't matter for the topic of removing gcd on holy shield