Not exactly stoked on the new high elves.

Stoogeville

Re: Not exactly stoked on the new high elves.

Post by Stoogeville » Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:50 pm

Gurky wrote:
Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:22 pm
As for model editing, the change was made due to limitations of the vanilla client this is something that no matter what is done the old model cannot be fixed to make animations work correctly with the old model. This is unfortunately a client limitation. Also, yes we do not have a 3D artist, those are extremely hard to find so if anyone knows anyone we would be happy to hear from them.
3D modellers are everywhere! There are dozens and dozens of places full of 3D modellers that you can put up offers, even for free, community projects! Art sites, subreddits, modding forums, indiedev communities, Discord servers... I could name you about half a dozen great places right now, off the top of my head.

I am a 3D modeller. I've offered myself to the team through messaging Tinyfin, but he never responded - not even to tell me 'No'. And yes, I was much more polite in my offer than I am these days.

I do appreciate that you got hit a little hard for your comment than was warranted, and I hope you're not too sore about it. Hopefully, though, you can also understand that the font of goodwill is starting to run thin. People are genuinely quite upset, and not just for the abrupt model change - I think that, if there were more signs that the server was headed in the right direction, people would be much more understanding.

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:49 pm

Torta wrote:
Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:32 pm
We're going to address this after fixing game-breaking class bugs :) We're not ignoring this one.
Thank you for looking into this! Just wanna play my characters as I chose them.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:52 pm

Anyone noticed how weapons became significantly smaller for female highelf charaxters?

My unstoppable force looks like a toy now on login screen

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:10 pm

Saw a discord message from Torta saying that in the future they intend to implement an option to choose which HE model you want. I really dig this idea and it can go far in the way of adding customizations.

So we have hope!

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:39 pm

Any update on this?

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:13 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:36 pm
My friends, this is a simple fix on your end. Open patch-W with your friendly mpq editor (I recommend Ladik's MPQ editor), and then open the folder that says Character, and then click on the folder that says Blood Elf. Delete that Blood Elf folder. You then close the mpq and log in and you will have your old high elf models.
It appears this fix no longer works. The better models seem to be forever gone, and despite what Torta said we never got a compromise. Being placated and lied to sucks. Thank you Kaz for this fix while it worked.

Kazgrim

Post by Kazgrim » Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:52 am

You can try DMing her or Tamamo I'm sure they have the model somewhere. I can check my downloads to see if I have an old patch containing it as well.
Chieftain of the Dreadskull Clan
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=552

Check out my patches in the modding section!
viewforum.php?f=29

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:04 am

Kazgrim wrote:
Sun Dec 25, 2022 8:52 am
You can try DMing her or Tamamo I'm sure they have the model somewhere. I can check my downloads to see if I have an old patch containing it as well.
Was actually able to get the old MPQs by having a friend send them to me from his non updated client. Learned some MPQ editor on the fly and was able to replace the new HE files with the old ones. Works for now, but really hope we get a real solution from Turtle. Appreciate the idea!

Thebwg

Post by Thebwg » Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:17 am

I made a fix that works for me so far, although this is my first time using an MPQ editor so I can't guarantee it's perfect. I have a copy of the old client and found the old high elf files in Patch-T and 2 skins and a hair file in Patch-U, so I stuck them all together.

Download link: https://mega.nz/folder/fURA1L7C#0j7Wj9W_Yga5VkN2RTnPLA

Start by following Kazgrim's workaround from the 1st page. Instead of Patch-W, open Patch-3. Then instead of deleting the BloodElf folder, just select it, delete everything in it, and paste all of the contents of this folder into it.

After that you should have the old high elf models again

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:46 am

Thebwg wrote:
Tue Jan 03, 2023 4:17 am
I made a fix that works for me so far, although this is my first time using an MPQ editor so I can't guarantee it's perfect. I have a copy of the old client and found the old high elf files in Patch-T and 2 skins and a hair file in Patch-U, so I stuck them all together.

Download link: https://mega.nz/folder/fURA1L7C#0j7Wj9W_Yga5VkN2RTnPLA

Start by following Kazgrim's workaround from the 1st page. Instead of Patch-W, open Patch-3. Then instead of deleting the BloodElf folder, just select it, delete everything in it, and paste all of the contents of this folder into it.

After that you should have the old high elf models again
This is pretty much how I was able to rig it on my end, and thanks for sharing for others!

I'll be sure to save my Patch-3 with the old models for the future and in case anyone wants.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 am

could someone post the finished mpq file pls

Grandyman

Post by Grandyman » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:12 pm

Geojak wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:49 am
could someone post the finished mpq file pls
https://mega.nz/file/hNIVzAwT#THb2OKjk8 ... 5ntQaFlm-k

This is my personal implementation of the old HE models onto the new patch MPQ. Works perfectly on my end but I'm no professional so can't guarantee perfection. Make sure to keep a copy of your current patch mpq in case something goes wrong. Also sorry if I'm breaking any rules by posting this.

Geojak

Post by Geojak » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:34 pm

Thank you

Feomatar

Post by Feomatar » Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:16 am

Yep, old ones is much better, a little bit unfinished but better.