Innkeeper Battleground

Evermorne

Innkeeper Battleground

Post by Evermorne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:25 am

I'm really against the idea of queuing to BGs from the Innkeepers. How certain are you about implementing such feature?

Torta

Re: Innkeeper Battleground

Post by Torta » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:49 am

Greetings!

What are your reasons against queuing to BGs from taverns?

We decided to do it from the experience we have seen on other servers (Such as PvE or low-populated realms): The WoW PvP-scene is usually limited to dedicated fans and history repeats itself every year: there're hardcore rankers, who use all known methods to get to the highest rank as fast as they can, even including abuse and dodging. Players who are usually not involved in this actions have no chance to compete with them or have any fun in battlegrounds, because they have their own rules and newcomers are not welcome at all.

Here on Turtle WoW we prefer a "chaotic" and random system so everyone has a chance to do BGs. The alternate solution would be a command like ".joinbg" which is less lore friendly in our point of view.

Evermorne

Post by Evermorne » Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:18 pm

Sure thing, good point! I was just wondering about your motivation for such an addition to the game. I'm awaiting release.

Eleison

Post by Eleison » Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:02 am

So, you can queue from any innkeeper in the world, as opposed to a battlemaster/instance portal.
Am I understanding this feature correctly?
If we're comparing it to pre-battlemasters then it's a huge change, but otherwise, it doesn't seem very significant to me.
Am I missing something?

Torta

Post by Torta » Sat Sep 22, 2018 12:45 pm

Greetings!

We are not using Innkeepers for battleground purposes. We will spawn additional, lore friendly NPCs in taverns which will offer the option to get into any bg queue matching your character level.

Tortuga

Post by Tortuga » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:39 pm

Just a nit... After BG is finished, the character (Horde) is returned to Orgrimar, not to the inn where he was queueing (Tirisfal in my case, quite a long way from home). Maybe that's intended, maybe not, but should be announced clearly to avoid confusion.

Leluch

Post by Leluch » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:29 am

if you return to the hall with the bg master. That's normal.
Although you in undersity should to tp wary_turtle

Torta

Post by Torta » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:09 pm

It is clearly a bug, I'll take a look :] Thank you Tortuga.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:26 am

Sinrek wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:24 pm
I'd suggest to make that portable meeting stone 120 minutes CD and 10 seconds cast time with animation from portal spell for mages (just as example) to be at least visually distinctive from hearthstone.
Ok, reviewed the CD time and I believe 60 minutes is ok. But still, MAKE CAST TIME 10 SECONDS PLEASE, to merely stop abuse with instant teleportation.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Sinrek

Post by Sinrek » Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:39 am

Portable Meeting Stones should have some on use text engraved on them. Something like: Teleports the caster into the Meeting Inn at <name of the town>. Cooldown 60 minutes.
satisfied_turtle Slowly turtling my way up.

Pompa

Post by Pompa » Fri Jan 11, 2019 1:52 pm

I agree with that, but we can't change or add that kind of "green text" because it's taken directly from the game files, not server side. There are some workarounds, though, like the one we are using in our custom pets or Strange Bottle / Magic Muffin. We'll see what we can do.